Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? 18:27 - May 14 with 2855 viewshedgeend61

Been listing to stacks of Tottenham fans on the radio hoping they lose tonight to Man City as by winning/drawing they'll probably gift Arsenal PL.

I agree with them.

If Saints had a game, where if we won or drew, it would make Pompey win Premier League (bit far fetched I know), I'd hope we throw the game like the majority of Spurs fans do tonight.

We haven't got any fans daft enough who would want us to win the game have we ?
[Post edited 14 May 18:36]
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 15:08 - May 22 with 395 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 12:40 - May 22 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I thought you lot were bored of the Prem, and therefore won’t mind losing at the weekend.

Serious answer for you (not that you're interested)

Personally i'd be more than happy staying down, i despise what the top flight of english football has become, it's sterile, greedy, fixed and unless you're owned by a country or backed by legions of oversesas fans you don't have a hope in hell.

Success is survival, or if you're lucky a season in Europe, the outcome of that success is you're shredded by the teams with money and you're sent back down anyway.

You may get "lucky" and stagnate, but stagnation is sh*t too, the away games are dull, the atmosphere is rubbish everywhere, and ticket prices rise a stupid amount year on year with normal people priced out and replaced by day trippers.

Then you add in the tv coverage, games constantly moved, stupid kick off times to placate overseas "fans", patronising pundits etc. and it's a horrendous experience.

Staying down means new grounds, a derby game, a more competitive league and better atmosphere's. Also there's the added bonus that you win more games and most of the clubs you go to are made up of people from that place (also in my experience the fans in the championship are more knowledgeable about the game too).

But.. And it's a big but

Not going up puts people's jobs at risk, damages the local economy, leads long term to issues for the club with finances and means it's harder to keep better players and the academy would probably be affected too.

So from a personal perspective i prefer staying down, but from a club, city and people perspective it's worse
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 16:25 - May 22 with 322 viewsPatfromPoole

At the risk of being wildly over-aspirational and unrealistic.....

We need a winning mentality at this club.

Alan Pardew used to talk about it and he was spot on.

Winning a massive game like Sunday's game would be a bit of a game changer for me; so many times we have been gallant runners-up or losers.

To win on Sunday would be a step towards undoing that reputation and actually being known for winning something. And there is a trophy as well......

I think that we could be competitive in the Prem if we go up.

We obviously need to somehow keep Downes and Harwood-Bellis, and sign players of quality in a keeper, striker and left-back.

But the nucleus is there of a side which could have a good season in the Prem, bolstered by the confidence a Wembley win against one of the biggest clubs in England would bring.

Sunday is absolutely not "a good day out".

It is a big chance to re-shape the next 5 - 10 years for this club.

And now time for a lie-down, one suspects......
[Post edited 22 May 16:27]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 17:01 - May 22 with 294 viewscocklebreath

I like Optimistic Pat

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 17:04 - May 22 with 288 viewsPatfromPoole

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 17:01 - May 22 by cocklebreath

I like Optimistic Pat

Your trains will still be knackered, mush

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 17:33 - May 22 with 262 viewsNumber_58

Whilst not exactly wanting Saints to lose, I was at Stamford Bridge in the 1970s when a home win wasn't exactly the worst result from a personal health point of view.
Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:16 - May 23 with 159 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 15:08 - May 22 by franniesTache

Serious answer for you (not that you're interested)

Personally i'd be more than happy staying down, i despise what the top flight of english football has become, it's sterile, greedy, fixed and unless you're owned by a country or backed by legions of oversesas fans you don't have a hope in hell.

Success is survival, or if you're lucky a season in Europe, the outcome of that success is you're shredded by the teams with money and you're sent back down anyway.

You may get "lucky" and stagnate, but stagnation is sh*t too, the away games are dull, the atmosphere is rubbish everywhere, and ticket prices rise a stupid amount year on year with normal people priced out and replaced by day trippers.

Then you add in the tv coverage, games constantly moved, stupid kick off times to placate overseas "fans", patronising pundits etc. and it's a horrendous experience.

Staying down means new grounds, a derby game, a more competitive league and better atmosphere's. Also there's the added bonus that you win more games and most of the clubs you go to are made up of people from that place (also in my experience the fans in the championship are more knowledgeable about the game too).

But.. And it's a big but

Not going up puts people's jobs at risk, damages the local economy, leads long term to issues for the club with finances and means it's harder to keep better players and the academy would probably be affected too.

So from a personal perspective i prefer staying down, but from a club, city and people perspective it's worse

The foreign TV deal is killing the top division competitiveness. If fans were serious about changing it they would group together to work against the ‘big six’

How much longer before the real fans do something about it.

A fair answer BTW

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:24 - May 23 with 153 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting question, would you ever want Saints to lose a match? on 13:16 - May 23 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

The foreign TV deal is killing the top division competitiveness. If fans were serious about changing it they would group together to work against the ‘big six’

How much longer before the real fans do something about it.

A fair answer BTW

The only way out i see now is a "super league", let the c*nts have it, have the money clubs break away and take the plastic nonces with them.

They can then watch their harlem globetrotters playing around the world and we can have our game back
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024