Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ref 02:09 - May 18 with 1236 viewscocklebreath

WAC

Night. X

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ref on 04:33 - May 18 with 1191 viewssaint22

Another one for the clueless pile
That couldn’t have been more of a penalty, right through the back of him even if he did end up getting a touch on the ball
Joker
Ref on 10:02 - May 18 with 933 viewskingslandstand1

Ref on 04:33 - May 18 by saint22

Another one for the clueless pile
That couldn’t have been more of a penalty, right through the back of him even if he did end up getting a touch on the ball
Joker

Think we may have been lucky with the pen he did give tho when watching it again as Manning was on his way down. Although there was some contact no doubt var would have questioned it
Ref on 11:08 - May 18 with 879 viewsFlamingbankers

Definitely the first pen , definitely not the second. The ref knew he was evening up.
Ref on 13:06 - May 18 with 793 viewsSFC_Referee

Just one pen missed is hardly the worst. As outside of that he was pretty consistent and fair, and like others have stated, he gave us a very soft penalty which only made up for the one we didn’t get when brooks was fouled

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Ref on 13:18 - May 18 with 776 viewsdarthvader

Ref on 13:06 - May 18 by SFC_Referee

Just one pen missed is hardly the worst. As outside of that he was pretty consistent and fair, and like others have stated, he gave us a very soft penalty which only made up for the one we didn’t get when brooks was fouled

The buy one get one free double foul yellow card thing was amusing

keep the faith coyr

Ref on 14:52 - May 18 with 708 viewssaintmark1976

Yet another truly awful official completely consistent with most of the others seen at St Mary’s this season.

If indeed you are a referee S F C perhaps you can answer a simple question for me ?

Last evening the referee ran the game by consistently ploughing a furrow through the middle of the pitch. Aren’t they taught to run the diagonal anymore?
Ref on 15:09 - May 18 with 685 viewsSFC_Referee

Ref on 14:52 - May 18 by saintmark1976

Yet another truly awful official completely consistent with most of the others seen at St Mary’s this season.

If indeed you are a referee S F C perhaps you can answer a simple question for me ?

Last evening the referee ran the game by consistently ploughing a furrow through the middle of the pitch. Aren’t they taught to run the diagonal anymore?

At lower level when players aren’t as fit, quick and you don’t have comms kits or 4th official, yeah that is what you’re told to do. But when you get to the higher leagues and can use comms equipment (so EFL/National league prem) you’re then told to go more centrally as it’s a lot harder to keep up with the likes of Hazard, A.Armstrong or Salah than it is your typical Wessex level player, so to keep up you kinda have to go in straighter lines rather than vertical ones.

But with regards to the quality of officials, maybe if most of them have been so poor, with few being good enough under you’re knowledge views, then maybe it’s not so much the refs being poor but rather then being human and your expectations being too high?
As with all the cheating and what not you get, it’s hardly an easy job, yet many like yourself seem to act like it’s a walk in the park…

Ref on 15:20 - May 18 with 670 viewsAvior

Ref on 15:09 - May 18 by SFC_Referee

At lower level when players aren’t as fit, quick and you don’t have comms kits or 4th official, yeah that is what you’re told to do. But when you get to the higher leagues and can use comms equipment (so EFL/National league prem) you’re then told to go more centrally as it’s a lot harder to keep up with the likes of Hazard, A.Armstrong or Salah than it is your typical Wessex level player, so to keep up you kinda have to go in straighter lines rather than vertical ones.

But with regards to the quality of officials, maybe if most of them have been so poor, with few being good enough under you’re knowledge views, then maybe it’s not so much the refs being poor but rather then being human and your expectations being too high?
As with all the cheating and what not you get, it’s hardly an easy job, yet many like yourself seem to act like it’s a walk in the park…

I totally recognise that the ref cannot be expected to be right up with play but the guy last night barely left the centre circle. The incorrect decisions he made, both for and against us, were largely taken from 30 yards away and from a straight on angle, where he simply cannot see things. The lineos should pick up some of them but impossible if it is on the other side of the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Ref on 15:47 - May 18 with 658 viewsFlamingbankers

Ref on 15:09 - May 18 by SFC_Referee

'Keeping up with play' now that's amusing. As for knowing about football - most ref's haven't played at a high level so how much more do they really know than a fan that's as intelligent and has been watching the games year in year out? After all most non-technical decisions are subjective. The ref's do choose to take it up and possibly because they prefer the authority and not love the game. Some ref's are good , some are average and some are downright dreadful. Surely a ref can admit that?
Ref on 18:03 - May 18 with 598 viewskingolaf

I thought he gave them a lot of soft free-kicks and let a lot of their fouls go. Wasn’t impressed.
Ref on 18:13 - May 18 with 591 viewsSFC_Referee

Ref on 15:47 - May 18 by Flamingbankers

'Keeping up with play' now that's amusing. As for knowing about football - most ref's haven't played at a high level so how much more do they really know than a fan that's as intelligent and has been watching the games year in year out? After all most non-technical decisions are subjective. The ref's do choose to take it up and possibly because they prefer the authority and not love the game. Some ref's are good , some are average and some are downright dreadful. Surely a ref can admit that?

I’ll completely agree that some refs are dreadful, some are average and some are great (with the latter category being were I’d put myself ) and that some do take it up for the authority, but that’s a minority. But if you think the refs in the prem are bad, then you should see some of the ones in the lower non leagues/Sunday leagues! As I will openly admit that I’ve been embarrassed before when I’ve been AR/4th official to some of the refs I’ve had to work with, whilst there’s very few prem ones that I’d feel anywhere near like that.

But anyway, most people take up officiating for mainly one of 3 reasons.
1 is because they want something to get in some extra cash so are mainly doing it for the money. As no matter what level or age groups you officiate, the match fees are great for what the average pay would be per hour.
2 is due to being someone that we don’t have enough of, so they become qualified to be able to officiate for a mate/family or team, so do it for both them and also to give back to the game.
Whilst 3 is because they love the game, but were rubbish/not good enough at playing it, so decided to take up officiating so that they could still play their part in the beautiful game, without having to be a player. As I myself was an average footballer when I was a kid, yet you’ve gotta be in the top 1% to get a career outta it, not the top 50%. So as I was so obsessed with the game and wanted to still be involved in it all and have naturally had the traits to suite myself being a ref (as anyone who actually knows me like Nick, would agree).

All the other reasons are more or less myths were yeah maybe a few have here and there, but the main 3 reasons they officiate are for the ones listed above

Ref on 20:00 - May 18 with 516 viewssaintmark1976

Ref on 18:13 - May 18 by SFC_Referee

I’ll completely agree that some refs are dreadful, some are average and some are great (with the latter category being were I’d put myself ) and that some do take it up for the authority, but that’s a minority. But if you think the refs in the prem are bad, then you should see some of the ones in the lower non leagues/Sunday leagues! As I will openly admit that I’ve been embarrassed before when I’ve been AR/4th official to some of the refs I’ve had to work with, whilst there’s very few prem ones that I’d feel anywhere near like that.

But anyway, most people take up officiating for mainly one of 3 reasons.
1 is because they want something to get in some extra cash so are mainly doing it for the money. As no matter what level or age groups you officiate, the match fees are great for what the average pay would be per hour.
2 is due to being someone that we don’t have enough of, so they become qualified to be able to officiate for a mate/family or team, so do it for both them and also to give back to the game.
Whilst 3 is because they love the game, but were rubbish/not good enough at playing it, so decided to take up officiating so that they could still play their part in the beautiful game, without having to be a player. As I myself was an average footballer when I was a kid, yet you’ve gotta be in the top 1% to get a career outta it, not the top 50%. So as I was so obsessed with the game and wanted to still be involved in it all and have naturally had the traits to suite myself being a ref (as anyone who actually knows me like Nick, would agree).

All the other reasons are more or less myths were yeah maybe a few have here and there, but the main 3 reasons they officiate are for the ones listed above

Another question for you S F C if you would be so kind.

I understand that refs in The Premiership get paid, what is their salary and are they allowed any other form of paying employment ? Same question in regard to Championship officials please.
Ref on 23:27 - May 18 with 434 viewsSFC_Referee

Ref on 20:00 - May 18 by saintmark1976

Another question for you S F C if you would be so kind.

I understand that refs in The Premiership get paid, what is their salary and are they allowed any other form of paying employment ? Same question in regard to Championship officials please.

Well championship and prem refs are the only ones that work for PGMOL so it would be the same for them anyway. But their salaries can vary as they have set contracts (just the same as players do) which is why refs can’t be as easily sacked off as people seem to think they can be, which is why rather than getting sacked off they get given the lower championship games.

But wage wise I don’t know any for certain, but I know they get around £75k+ as well as like £1.5k a game for prem ones. And with regards to employments, they can be employed by UEFA and FIFA to do international and national events and games, so get extra money for all of that. But for regular jobs, we’ll I’d presume that’s a long as it doesn’t have any controversy around their refereeing ones (so they wouldn’t be able to work for the bookies for example) then as long as they have the time available, then I don’t why they couldn’t do another job?…
But at the same time, seeing how the best refs in England could get like £400k in a season if they did the World Cup, champions league and the FA Cup finals that year.

Ref on 06:37 - May 19 with 389 viewssaintmark1976

Ref on 23:27 - May 18 by SFC_Referee

Well championship and prem refs are the only ones that work for PGMOL so it would be the same for them anyway. But their salaries can vary as they have set contracts (just the same as players do) which is why refs can’t be as easily sacked off as people seem to think they can be, which is why rather than getting sacked off they get given the lower championship games.

But wage wise I don’t know any for certain, but I know they get around £75k+ as well as like £1.5k a game for prem ones. And with regards to employments, they can be employed by UEFA and FIFA to do international and national events and games, so get extra money for all of that. But for regular jobs, we’ll I’d presume that’s a long as it doesn’t have any controversy around their refereeing ones (so they wouldn’t be able to work for the bookies for example) then as long as they have the time available, then I don’t why they couldn’t do another job?…
But at the same time, seeing how the best refs in England could get like £400k in a season if they did the World Cup, champions league and the FA Cup finals that year.

I’m obliged to you for your information, thank you.
Ref on 16:18 - May 19 with 252 viewsTimSaint

In a game of that magnitude, that 'just one pen missed' could have had the worst consequences for us.
To try to defend the ref by brushing off a crucial decision like that is very strange.
The one he gave us didn't make up for it, as it was when the game was already won.

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024