Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin Sunak 08:36 - May 22 with 1573 viewsHeisenberg

Good to see our manager putting our pathetic PM firmly in his place and says he has no interest in meeting him. Well done RM

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Russell Martin Sunak on 09:26 - May 22 with 1492 viewsCity_boy

This was months ago, at start of year, or has Martin re-iterated those comments after West Brom game, where Sunak attended ?

Regardless of any political allegiance, I think it was childish of Martin to make those comments. He attended the game as a Saints supporter, not in his Prime Minister capacity.
[Post edited 22 May 9:27]
Russell Martin Sunak on 10:07 - May 22 with 1426 viewsNumber_58

Saw on Twitter that some Leeds fans were saying that Sunak was jumping on the football bandwagon, and that the whole country would be behind Leeds now Sunak was claiming to be a Saints fan. They've obviously not noticed that Sunak was born and brought up in Soton and is a lifelong fan of the club. Furthermore, if Vladimir Putin, Fred West and Ghengis Khan all came out and confessed their love for Southampton FC, the rest of the world would still want Leeds to lose on Sunday. Except for the inbreds down the road, obviously.
Russell Martin Sunak on 11:18 - May 22 with 1313 viewskingslandstand1

Russell Martin Sunak on 10:07 - May 22 by Number_58

Saw on Twitter that some Leeds fans were saying that Sunak was jumping on the football bandwagon, and that the whole country would be behind Leeds now Sunak was claiming to be a Saints fan. They've obviously not noticed that Sunak was born and brought up in Soton and is a lifelong fan of the club. Furthermore, if Vladimir Putin, Fred West and Ghengis Khan all came out and confessed their love for Southampton FC, the rest of the world would still want Leeds to lose on Sunday. Except for the inbreds down the road, obviously.

It would be a bit difficult for a couple of those to come out with that, but as the inbreds would probably not realise that, I think you are about right

And hasn't Rishi actually still got a season ticket?
Russell Martin Sunak on 11:31 - May 22 with 1302 viewsChesham_Saint

What Rylan is failing to understand here is that it's not the man, but the position he holds which deserves due respect. For example, Trump and Biden may be cretins, but when the marine guard salutes the President they are not endorsing the man, but the position he holds.

Martin isn't employed as manager of Southampton Football Club for his political views and he should respect the role of the PM, whether its Sunak or Starmer.

Btw, I hate politics in sport with a passion, although I thought the chant of the night on Friday was when the West Brom fans serenaded Sunak with "You're just a shit Boris Johnstone".

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Russell Martin Sunak on 12:44 - May 22 with 1221 viewssaintmark1976

Russell Martin Sunak on 11:31 - May 22 by Chesham_Saint

What Rylan is failing to understand here is that it's not the man, but the position he holds which deserves due respect. For example, Trump and Biden may be cretins, but when the marine guard salutes the President they are not endorsing the man, but the position he holds.

Martin isn't employed as manager of Southampton Football Club for his political views and he should respect the role of the PM, whether its Sunak or Starmer.

Btw, I hate politics in sport with a passion, although I thought the chant of the night on Friday was when the West Brom fans serenaded Sunak with "You're just a shit Boris Johnstone".

Don’t make a worry of it Chesham, there’s every chance that in the not too distant future Mr Sunak will attend at St Mary’s and remain completely anonymous. Mind you it’s going to be one hell of a commute for him from Southern California.
Russell Martin Sunak on 13:57 - May 22 with 1152 viewssaint901

It's an interesting point.

RM is not just RM. He is the manager of a club and as such has obligations to represent the club. That includes putting what is best for the club over his personal position. If he cannot do that, then he needs to consider his position.

Rishi is also a post holder, one of a long line of them and in due course he will hand over that obligation to another (usually unwillingly). We can respect of the office and role of a PM regardless of the individual.

It has to be observed however that some individuals do their best to abuse the post of PM (Johnson, Truss, Blair in my memory). Does that or should that reduce or remove our respect for the post? Probably not, but we're humans and often separating person and office is not an objective decision we make in real time.

We have other celebrity fans. Would RM refuse to meet them I wonder?

For me this is more about RM's view of himself and putting his ego above the club and - in this case - the PM. Am I surprised? Not really.
Russell Martin Sunak on 17:54 - May 22 with 971 viewssaint22

Russell Martin Sunak on 11:31 - May 22 by Chesham_Saint

that's funny and what a damning indictment, how can anyone be worse?
Russell Martin Sunak on 10:28 - May 23 with 763 viewsBerber

Russell Martin Sunak on 13:57 - May 22 by saint901

It's an interesting point.

RM is not just RM. He is the manager of a club and as such has obligations to represent the club. That includes putting what is best for the club over his personal position. If he cannot do that, then he needs to consider his position.

Rishi is also a post holder, one of a long line of them and in due course he will hand over that obligation to another (usually unwillingly). We can respect of the office and role of a PM regardless of the individual.

It has to be observed however that some individuals do their best to abuse the post of PM (Johnson, Truss, Blair in my memory). Does that or should that reduce or remove our respect for the post? Probably not, but we're humans and often separating person and office is not an objective decision we make in real time.

We have other celebrity fans. Would RM refuse to meet them I wonder?

For me this is more about RM's view of himself and putting his ego above the club and - in this case - the PM. Am I surprised? Not really.

A bit harsh to put Blair in the same sentence as Johnson and Truss.He made a huge mistake over Iran, but other than that, first of all unified the Labour Party, then the country. I say that, despite the fact that he and the can’t Brown pillaged my monthly wage packet.He still comes across as smug, but if you listen to what he says, he is usually right.
Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin Sunak on 11:31 - May 23 with 734 viewssaint901

Russell Martin Sunak on 10:28 - May 23 by Berber

A bit harsh to put Blair in the same sentence as Johnson and Truss.He made a huge mistake over Iran, but other than that, first of all unified the Labour Party, then the country. I say that, despite the fact that he and the can’t Brown pillaged my monthly wage packet.He still comes across as smug, but if you listen to what he says, he is usually right.

I agree that Blair did many things that were for the benefit of the country. I agree that he always comes across as smug. I hate the way he - even now - tells anybody who will listen that he's always correct and some sort of visionary. He is his own biggest fan and would give RM a run for his money in the Ego Stakes (3:15 at Kempton this weekend).

I cannot however forgive him for lying to the British people over Iraq and contributing to a campaign which has led to probably millions of dead, injured, displaced people.

And for what?

To please the Americans? To bolster his own popularity at the polls? To prove that his vision was visionary?

He contributed to making the world a more dangerous place and his party was too weak or in awe of him to stop it.
Russell Martin Sunak on 21:24 - May 23 with 623 viewssaintmark1976

Russell Martin Sunak on 11:31 - May 23 by saint901

I agree that Blair did many things that were for the benefit of the country. I agree that he always comes across as smug. I hate the way he - even now - tells anybody who will listen that he's always correct and some sort of visionary. He is his own biggest fan and would give RM a run for his money in the Ego Stakes (3:15 at Kempton this weekend).

I cannot however forgive him for lying to the British people over Iraq and contributing to a campaign which has led to probably millions of dead, injured, displaced people.

And for what?

To please the Americans? To bolster his own popularity at the polls? To prove that his vision was visionary?

He contributed to making the world a more dangerous place and his party was too weak or in awe of him to stop it.

Tony Blair sought your forgiveness saint901 ?

Funny, but I don’t recall reading that in his book, must have missed it, which chapter was it in?
Russell Martin Sunak on 23:50 - May 23 with 553 viewssaint22

Russell Martin Sunak on 10:28 - May 23 by Berber

Truss shouldn't be anywhere near any comment on leadership or intelligence or nous or the like
What a godawful woman and another reason to remember what an atrocious party the Tories are

They thought Cameron then Bojo then Truss then Sunak were good leaders
FFS what goes on in that parties heads
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024