Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Push me- pull you 14:15 - May 22 with 1178 viewssaint901

I've been struggling with an issue here.

All season I've been saying that RM is, in my opinion, a few percent short of what we need in a manager to get us promoted. He missed out on a top 2 place of course but we are now literally 90 (or 120) minutes from promotion.

I very obviously hope that we win on Sunday but I do worry that RM will feel that he has been vindicated when in my opinion, he will have been lucky.

Lucky because the division this season has had few teams of any quality so his preferred style of play has worked. When we met teams in the second half of the season who had had a chance to work us out, we saw some real problems. RM's fixes for those problems (Captain Jack in midfield, inverted full backs, AA on the wing) have failed to convince.

He needs a Plan B and perhaps several players if we do win on Sunday and then will have a real test in the PL. I am not looking forward to that.
Push me- pull you on 16:25 - May 22 with 1052 viewsPatfromPoole

Generally it is better to be lucky than good.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Push me- pull you on 16:33 - May 22 with 1040 viewskingslandstand1

He will also have to either keep some of the loanees permanently, or ensure the money we do spend is well spent unlike last season
Push me- pull you on 18:43 - May 22 with 909 viewsIfonly

We've had a very good squad by Championship standards, so possession works. Next year, if we're promoted we'll have a poor quality squad by PL standards so the same style probably won't work. If we miss out on promotion, then next year we won't have such a good squad and so the style will be less effective in the Championship.

Whichever way you look at it, this season is RM's best chance to do well. I hope he succeeds.
Push me- pull you on 08:44 - May 23 with 749 viewsSonicBoom

Push me- pull you on 16:25 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

Generally it is better to be lucky than good.

I know what you mean but I think that applies to a one off game such as Sunday.
I'd rather have a good manager than a lucky one over a season. Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.
Push me- pull you on 15:00 - May 24 with 647 viewsdarthvader

Push me- pull you on 08:44 - May 23 by SonicBoom

I know what you mean but I think that applies to a one off game such as Sunday.
I'd rather have a good manager than a lucky one over a season. Lady Luck is a fickle mistress.

Will will need some very good luck as we will be up against the VAR panel aswell , we rarely get anything our way especially if the margins are close

keep the faith coyr

Push me- pull you on 13:33 - May 25 with 494 viewsSaintEPW

It takes time to rebuild. One season is simply not enough- no matter how many good players you - regardless of how much money you spend. ( Check out Everton, Chelsea, Nottingham Forest, Man Utd and others )

It is very frustrating to experience the ups and downs - of any group of players who are learning - and a manager who is learning. I certainly had doubts.

Saints have given managers enough time - if they show enough progress. My feeling is he has done enough - both with the team and ( apparently ) in the atmosphere within the club - which was in disarray when he arrived.

He has made plenty of mistakes - however the team has evolved and he has adjusted.

Hopefully - we go up - either way - let him keep the upward curve going IMO

Also - Is there really someone else who would do better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024