Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Referee for sunday. 12:05 - May 23 with 1515 viewsIanSouthstander

John Brooks.

We've only had him once this season....... Our demolition of Leeds back in september.

Good omen ?
Referee for sunday. on 13:10 - May 23 with 1419 viewsyateleysaint

Let’s hope so.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Referee for sunday. on 12:45 - May 24 with 1225 viewsSFC_Referee

He’s one of the refs who’s heading up, so I wouldn’t of thought we’d get too many issues from him on Sunday

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Referee for sunday. on 14:11 - May 24 with 1192 viewsTimSaint

Referee for sunday. on 12:45 - May 24 by SFC_Referee

He’s one of the refs who’s heading up, so I wouldn’t of thought we’d get too many issues from him on Sunday

Don't forget that there will also be VAR on Sunday, so Jarred Gillett could play an important role too !!

TimSaint

Referee for sunday. on 09:58 - May 25 with 1075 viewsdarthvader

Referee for sunday. on 14:11 - May 24 by TimSaint

Don't forget that there will also be VAR on Sunday, so Jarred Gillett could play an important role too !!

Feels me with dred . VAR has been shocking for us in the past

keep the faith coyr

Referee for sunday. on 11:06 - May 25 with 1051 viewsA1079

Referee for sunday. on 09:58 - May 25 by darthvader

Feels me with dred . VAR has been shocking for us in the past

If it is a 50-50 decision or even say 55 - 45 our way it will go to Leeds Utd. The PL all the pundits, commentators etc all want Leeds Utd in the PL and not us. Plus the fact that officials will be more concerned about upsetting Leeds Utd FC and their fans than say "little" Southampton. I know I am being cynical (and it may be misplaced) but that is how I feel.
[Post edited 25 May 13:04]
Referee for sunday. on 12:24 - May 25 with 1011 viewsDorsetIan

Completely bonkers that this game has VAR.

A whole championship season without it and then it’s thrown in at the end.

The mindset that it should be used wherever possible is so f*cked up. As if those in charge still don’t get what an utter disgrace it is.

And what a game to suck the enjoyment out of.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Referee for sunday. on 20:23 - May 25 with 910 viewssaint22

Oh dear he is another incompetent fool
Referee for sunday. on 07:20 - May 26 with 810 viewsdarthvader

Referee for sunday. on 11:06 - May 25 by A1079

If it is a 50-50 decision or even say 55 - 45 our way it will go to Leeds Utd. The PL all the pundits, commentators etc all want Leeds Utd in the PL and not us. Plus the fact that officials will be more concerned about upsetting Leeds Utd FC and their fans than say "little" Southampton. I know I am being cynical (and it may be misplaced) but that is how I feel.
[Post edited 25 May 13:04]

I think you are spot on .

I dont want to say what i feel about it out loud because i dont want to jinx it .

Its almost like we barely exist to many sky /tv/YouTube pundits .

They will be looking to find a way to get them through so we have to be perfect

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Referee for sunday. on 23:52 - May 26 with 610 viewsSFC_Referee

Well tbf to the offials for this game, they officiated well with minimum controversy and VAR went pretty unnoticed with no interventions or delays. So a pretty decent day for the officials to this game

Referee for sunday. on 23:53 - May 26 with 608 viewssaint22

Referee for sunday. on 23:52 - May 26 by SFC_Referee

Well tbf to the offials for this game, they officiated well with minimum controversy and VAR went pretty unnoticed with no interventions or delays. So a pretty decent day for the officials to this game

I wouldn’t say that
He gave some dubious decisions both ways and should have shown a couple of Leeds players cards a lot earlier
Referee for sunday. on 00:45 - May 27 with 588 viewsSFC_Referee

Referee for sunday. on 23:53 - May 26 by saint22

I wouldn’t say that
He gave some dubious decisions both ways and should have shown a couple of Leeds players cards a lot earlier

But there’s always going to be some cautionings that people will disagree with and same for fouls, as in these cup finals if there’s ever any uncertainty it’ll most likely go the defenders way.
But the only cautioning early on I felt he missed was when Aribo had gust shirt pulled and stopped an attack just outside their box. But other than that, I thought the ref got most of the discipline correct for today

Referee for sunday. on 13:05 - May 29 with 369 viewsTimSaint

Referee for sunday. on 23:52 - May 26 by SFC_Referee

He let too much go unpunished early on. The shirt pull on Aribo after about 10 mins was blatant and worthy of a card - regardless of what minute it was in. There was also a bad foul on Downes that looked worthy of a card, but we didn't even get a free kick. (All still a bit of a blur, so can't remember when this was !!).

I felt that he was quick to dish out a few yellow cards to Saints players, but lacked consistency by not giving cards to Leeds players for similar actions.

By far the worst decision of the day was at the very end. The Leeds defender blatantly booted Aribo up in the air, as our 'indestructible' tried to delay a free kick being taken. Instead of a red for the Leeds player kicking out, both he and Aribo got yellows. It was violent conduct and VAR should have intervened, but as it was a Leeds player and at the end of the game, they didn't bother.

TimSaint

Referee for sunday. on 13:32 - May 29 with 346 viewsSFC_Referee

Referee for sunday. on 13:05 - May 29 by TimSaint

He let too much go unpunished early on. The shirt pull on Aribo after about 10 mins was blatant and worthy of a card - regardless of what minute it was in. There was also a bad foul on Downes that looked worthy of a card, but we didn't even get a free kick. (All still a bit of a blur, so can't remember when this was !!).

I felt that he was quick to dish out a few yellow cards to Saints players, but lacked consistency by not giving cards to Leeds players for similar actions.

By far the worst decision of the day was at the very end. The Leeds defender blatantly booted Aribo up in the air, as our 'indestructible' tried to delay a free kick being taken. Instead of a red for the Leeds player kicking out, both he and Aribo got yellows. It was violent conduct and VAR should have intervened, but as it was a Leeds player and at the end of the game, they didn't bother.

Ok but there’s a reason you don’t see refs going into games waving the cards about from minute 1, as they don’t want there to be controversy and loads of discipline, so will try and avoid it as much as they can. As like I stated previously, I do agree about their lad getting a cautioning for the shirt pull on Aribo, as that should always be punished, but the rest was pretty fair and consistent (and him keeping the cards in his pocket benefited us more than it did Leeds). But the tackle on Downes I can’t recall so can’t exactly say much on that one.
But anyway, no that last incident with Aribo ain’t a red for VC, as for starters their player could argue he was going for the ball but Aribo got in the way, but even then VC needs excessive levels of force and that kick didn’t have it. As a cautioning for each player was spot on there from the ref

Referee for sunday. on 15:24 - May 29 with 292 viewsTimSaint

Referee for sunday. on 13:32 - May 29 by SFC_Referee

Ok but there’s a reason you don’t see refs going into games waving the cards about from minute 1, as they don’t want there to be controversy and loads of discipline, so will try and avoid it as much as they can. As like I stated previously, I do agree about their lad getting a cautioning for the shirt pull on Aribo, as that should always be punished, but the rest was pretty fair and consistent (and him keeping the cards in his pocket benefited us more than it did Leeds). But the tackle on Downes I can’t recall so can’t exactly say much on that one.
But anyway, no that last incident with Aribo ain’t a red for VC, as for starters their player could argue he was going for the ball but Aribo got in the way, but even then VC needs excessive levels of force and that kick didn’t have it. As a cautioning for each player was spot on there from the ref

Leeds had a free kick in about the 100th or 101st minute.
Yes Aribo was standing too close to the ball to waste time, but that does not give the Leeds player the right to take 1 step and kick our man. He deliberately missed the ball (from a very close) to kick Aribo. I get he was frustrated and lost his temper because Leeds had basically lost at that stage, but it was deliberate. If he did that it the Prem, he would have got a straight red for violent conduct. VAR should have intervened.

But hey, who really cares anyway. It was at the end of the game, it didn't change the outcome and we won !! :-)

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024