Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. 11:22 - Jun 9 with 23960 viewswelwynranger

But it is being reported that Burnley are interested in taking Marti as their manager.
At the moment Craig Bellamy is in interim charge along with Michael Jackson as his number 2 .
The Burnley fans are very unhappy as Bellamy has no managerial experience and is considered too old at 44.
They want a manager that can get them straight back into the prem next season and have highlighted Marti amazing achievement for us.
I hope the board make him a worthwhile offer to keep him.
Little bit worried money talks
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:58 - Jun 9 with 6754 viewshantssi

🤣
Mentioned on numerous other threads!!
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 12:35 - Jun 9 with 6651 viewsDannyPaddox

[Post edited 9 Jun 12:39]
I hope this is just a rumour. on 15:10 - Jun 9 with 6333 viewsdixiedean

I hope some succession planning is going on behind the scenes in case this happens, or one of the many others he’s been linked with. Rosenoir would be a good fit I think .
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 19:03 - Jun 9 with 5885 viewsBluce_Ree

If Marti goes to Burnley, I'll go to Burnley and kill myself and then go back to Loftus Road and SHIT ON THE WHOLE BOARD.

Yes, I know that makes no sense.

Burnley can quite literally drink from my dad's cock.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 19:37 - Jun 9 with 5788 viewsT_Block

Yep -that about sums it up.
I hope this is just a rumour. on 20:04 - Jun 9 with 5713 viewseghamranger

I hope this is just a rumour. on 15:10 - Jun 9 by dixiedean

I hope some succession planning is going on behind the scenes in case this happens, or one of the many others he’s been linked with. Rosenoir would be a good fit I think .

This…. But fingers crossed it’s just a rumour
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:55 - Jun 12 with 4930 viewsHayesender

Favourite now for the Sunderland job

Poll: Shamima Beghum

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:14 - Jun 12 with 4658 viewsRanger_1969

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:55 - Jun 12 by Hayesender

This is going to be unbearable - somebody please convince me that Marti wouldn't just leave us after only 6 months? !!!
Login to get fewer ads

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:20 - Jun 12 with 4612 viewsLoyalitat

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 17:55 - Jun 12 by Hayesender

That will be the same Sunderland that finished on the same number of points as us and will in all likelihood be significantly weakened next season should Jack Clarke leave! Nonsense. He's not going there.
[Post edited 12 Jun 20:28]
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 20:25 - Jun 12 with 4583 viewssaxbend

Of course clubs are interested. That's not important. What's important is what Marti wants to do. He is not Beale and it will be at least 3-4 years before Barcelona approach him.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:00 - Jun 12 with 4444 viewsslmrstid

Given they've just been rejected by Liam Rosenior, I can't see them going for Marti where they'd have to pay money, or Marti wanting to go there if someone who is jobless has turned them down because he didn't like what was on offer.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:10 - Jun 12 with 4416 viewsStainrod

Sunderland's board apparently have very strict criteria: a new manager can only bring in one assistant and has to play their yoof - not a happy place according to the couple of pieces I've read. Big expectations and a lot to turn round. Burnley probably a different proposition but hopefully if Kompany fits their profile they will want a flasher name.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:31 - Jun 12 with 4325 viewsHayesender

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:10 - Jun 12 by Stainrod

Sunderland's board apparently have very strict criteria: a new manager can only bring in one assistant and has to play their yoof - not a happy place according to the couple of pieces I've read. Big expectations and a lot to turn round. Burnley probably a different proposition but hopefully if Kompany fits their profile they will want a flasher name.

I've been melting in Turkey for the last week, so have been a bit out of the loop. Scrolling through my phone on the train home from Gatwick and one of the first things I saw was Marti favourite for the Sunderland job.

I must admit I got a slight panic on. The feelgood factor around the club would be destroyed if he did a Beale on us

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:35 - Jun 12 with 4284 viewsessextaxiboy

I crap myself every time this thread goes back up the board ..
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:36 - Jun 12 with 4271 viewsRangersw12

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:31 - Jun 12 by Hayesender

I've been melting in Turkey for the last week, so have been a bit out of the loop. Scrolling through my phone on the train home from Gatwick and one of the first things I saw was Marti favourite for the Sunderland job.

I must admit I got a slight panic on. The feelgood factor around the club would be destroyed if he did a Beale on us

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sunderland/next-permanent

I can't see him on here and he's 25/1 for the Burnley job
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:44 - Jun 12 with 4238 viewsHayesender

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:36 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/sunderland/next-permanent

They've still got Liam Rosenior as favourite, and he's turned them down by all accounts. Marti 5/2 with skybet

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:11 - Jun 13 with 3890 viewsBlue_Castello

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:31 - Jun 12 by Hayesender

Click bait has been going into overdrive while you have been on holiday, it currently feels like Chinese water torture counting down the days, losing Marti would be a crushing blow but somehow you have to accept the possibility to keep a sense of reality.

I can't see him going to Sunderland mainly because he knows there's better opportunities on the horizon, your bigger worry is Burnley they just maybe have the squad and resources that could be a temptation.

Marti obviously knows how much the Rs crowd love him from the adulation he has already received, that could well work massively in our favour and the London location is a good one, time will tell, if we can get past the next two weeks and we see him in Girona we may just be on to a winner, fingers , toes and everything crossed.
[Post edited 13 Jun 9:12]
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:21 - Jun 13 with 3828 viewsGaryBannister86

I would be devastated, but the only way to look at it is that if he does jump ship so early, especially to a Championship team, then he is not half the man (and won't be half the manager) that we think he is.

He will know all about El Tel's route from QPR to Barcelona. Remind him of it, I would settle for that :-)
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:40 - Jun 13 with 3738 viewsloftus77

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:35 - Jun 12 by essextaxiboy

Agree totally...but far-and-away the most important thread of the summer IMHO.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:50 - Jun 13 with 3668 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:21 - Jun 13 by GaryBannister86

I would be devastated, but the only way to look at it is that if he does jump ship so early, especially to a Championship team, then he is not half the man (and won't be half the manager) that we think he is.

He will know all about El Tel's route from QPR to Barcelona. Remind him of it, I would settle for that :-)

I watched and enjoyed that Venables documentary last night. Great, though it was, I was very disappointed with the lack of footage and discussion about his time here.
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:09 - Jun 13 with 3562 viewsrobith

Lads, you're gonna wear yourself into the ground getting worried about every rumour - especially when I wager most of them are being generated by the sudden explosion of QPR "clout" accounts on social pushing nonsense for reach
I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:18 - Jun 13 with 3516 viewsloftboy

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 09:50 - Jun 13 by CroydonCaptJack

I watched and enjoyed that Venables documentary last night. Great, though it was, I was very disappointed with the lack of footage and discussion about his time here.

We were virtually white washed out! It jumped from him being the palace manager to Barcelona with the merest of mentions.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:34 - Jun 13 with 3442 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:36 - Jun 12 by Rangersw12

He was about the same or longer for our job ;) - Critchley was 50/1 when he got it.
Bookies follow the money, they don't know anything more than us.

Bare bones.

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 10:42 - Jun 13 with 3376 viewsbosh67

After Beale turned down Wolves I said he wouldn't be going anywhere and weeks later he was off so what do I know? I would be very surprised if Marti jumped ship. I think he has a lot to prove here to show what he can do when he's not coming into a basket case team. Let's face it his stock is going to be much higher if he gets us a top 10 finish this year and even higher if we make the play offs.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 11:06 - Jun 13 with 3264 viewsrbee

I hope this is and stays just a rumour. on 21:35 - Jun 12 by essextaxiboy

Andrex Quilted are your friend.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024