Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well 12:05 - Jun 16 with 1237 viewsFlamingbankers

The honeymoon of optimism is over, all hail the predictable trudge of cynicism and doom. But hey that's part of the fun ( and anxiety) of being a fan - especially a Southampton FC fan - especially in recent years. Initial action doesn't augur well - an elderly ( in football terms) Brighton disguard returning; a Brentford disguard on the near horizon and a potential capable midfielder being sold off and the disappearance of a proven loan signing midfielder. All this slightly counterbalanced by the immediate signing of a centre half but in no way balancing out all of the above.
Nobody's brave enough to say it yet but but this all smacks of us plummeting back into the Championship. Let's hope that the management of the club are just mucking about at the moment!
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:16 - Jun 16 with 1203 viewsWaylander

Your spelling is about as impressive as your grasp of football. The word you want is "discard".
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 09:31 - Jun 17 with 955 viewsFlamingbankers

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:16 - Jun 16 by Waylander

Your spelling is about as impressive as your grasp of football. The word you want is "discard".

An unpleasant, unnecessary and bitter reply. A spelling mistake doesn't mean the comment isn't valid. If you're going to be pedantic and pathetic about every spelling, grammar and punctuation mistake on the Forum you'd have a full time job. Let's see what you've got to contribute of any real value on this or any other any matter.
[Post edited 17 Jun 9:41]
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 09:39 - Jun 17 with 946 viewsSaintNick

You have to put these things in perspective, Saints have to build a squad for next season, that will mean getting a balance, the first transfers were always going to be low key ones, none of the bigger deals get done to after July 1st.

Because we have signed Adam Lallana it doesn't mean that someone will leave, Lallana's contribution will be small on the field, but on a £ per £ basis might well be money well spent.

This does not smack of us plummeting back to the Championship, it smacks of us signing an experienced player and the rest at the moment is just rumour.

Only when the window closes can we truly give an objective view

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 10:12 - Jun 17 with 914 viewsFlamingbankers

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 09:39 - Jun 17 by SaintNick

You have to put these things in perspective, Saints have to build a squad for next season, that will mean getting a balance, the first transfers were always going to be low key ones, none of the bigger deals get done to after July 1st.

Because we have signed Adam Lallana it doesn't mean that someone will leave, Lallana's contribution will be small on the field, but on a £ per £ basis might well be money well spent.

This does not smack of us plummeting back to the Championship, it smacks of us signing an experienced player and the rest at the moment is just rumour.

Only when the window closes can we truly give an objective view

You're right of course Nick , that we have to wait and see but the whole point of the comment is that things, to me, don't look particularly promising at this moment ( although I don't really expect anything else). I don't want to be the harbinger of doom; I'm saying what it looks like at the moment to me - principally, I guess for the disappointment to come. For me that's putting things in perspective.
It is all speculation at the moment but that's what most of the forum's about and the discussion that follows. If something positive happens I'll be the first to post it. Is Nathan Woods, a Swansea player, a move in the right direction? He looks OK on YouTube but nothing outstanding and we know that mediocre players can look fairly good on YouTube. But could he play in the Prem and does that mean Bednarek is going? All intriguing speculation presently.
I really don't think one experienced player going to do it Nick - we need several. As far as I can see we need better players to cover in most areas of the park. From the initial signs I doubt whether that's going to happen. A horribly tough time for the Saints trying to build a team for the Premiership but while there's time , there's hope. We march on regardless. As long as we have the same spirit and fight that Luton had last year - then I'll be happy. Anything better is a huge fillip and a bonus.
[Post edited 17 Jun 10:20]
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 11:48 - Jun 17 with 874 viewssaint901

I'm going to suggest that Saints (and other teams looking for quality players) might do well top see who performs well in the Euros and if a player looks to be capable of improving our team then we may approach them after they are eliminated from the contest?

I know a lot of the players are signed with European clubs but some will be unhappy or nearing the end of their contract and a season the PL might appeal?

We need a few players like that to keep us in the PL for a couple of seasons until we can build a better pipeline of our own.

As for the spelling, you and responder are both right - and wrong. Poor spelling and grammar can always be improved and pointing out mis-spelling on forums like this is a gentle way of doing that. Comparing spelling errors with anything other than poor spelling an insinuating that lack of prowess in one areas leads to similar lack in others is a nonsense. Equally so is a hostile response.
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:02 - Jun 17 with 865 viewssaint22

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 11:48 - Jun 17 by saint901

I'm going to suggest that Saints (and other teams looking for quality players) might do well top see who performs well in the Euros and if a player looks to be capable of improving our team then we may approach them after they are eliminated from the contest?

I know a lot of the players are signed with European clubs but some will be unhappy or nearing the end of their contract and a season the PL might appeal?

We need a few players like that to keep us in the PL for a couple of seasons until we can build a better pipeline of our own.

As for the spelling, you and responder are both right - and wrong. Poor spelling and grammar can always be improved and pointing out mis-spelling on forums like this is a gentle way of doing that. Comparing spelling errors with anything other than poor spelling an insinuating that lack of prowess in one areas leads to similar lack in others is a nonsense. Equally so is a hostile response.

If our scouts ar any good they will know who is worth looking at ahead of the Euros and bid earlier
Waiting for after and good performances only means costs sky rocket
Question is are they?
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:09 - Jun 17 with 843 viewsButty101

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:02 - Jun 17 by saint22

If our scouts ar any good they will know who is worth looking at ahead of the Euros and bid earlier
Waiting for after and good performances only means costs sky rocket
Question is are they?

Dont worry the famous black box has just had a windows 5 update and is back online.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 13:10 - Jun 17 with 804 viewsSaintNick

They tried that with Orsic at the World cup that worked out well

Login to get fewer ads

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 13:14 - Jun 17 with 801 viewsSaintNick

That Kevin Danso for Austria is tipped for a move To manchester united Im surprised we havent looked at hime

Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 801 viewsBerber

I already made my predictions last season. Hopefully I am wrong.
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 13:39 - Jun 17 with 781 viewsSonicBoom

It's a huge job and we can't afford to make any errors like we have in the past. Spending big on a player that doesn't perform is going to cost us this time. We got lucky last season when we got Stewart and he never played. Fortunately we went up anyway.

When we went down we lost players and had to build a squad for the championship. Here we are 12 months later, now trying to upgrade the squad again for the premier league. Not an easy job.
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 12:59 - Jun 19 with 560 viewssaint22

see we are buying an 18 yo Japanese lad to loan back to his club
Certainly not what we need to stay in the pL
We need to be getting players in ahead of pre season and its looking like a normal summer for us where its last minute also rans and loanees
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 08:01 - Jun 20 with 373 viewsareasix

Your be surprised Saints22 transfers are difficult to get over the line until the target has worked out who is in for them hence the late arrivals but this year might be different as we are going for experience who are grateful that a premiership club is showing interest, loan players that they and us know what they are about , ex players that Martin and his staff have worked with in the past and a couple of bigger signings that they will pull a rabbit out of a hat so I expect 5 or 6 signings early as above and then a couple of bigger signings that might excite you but that might be difficult with you , nearer to deadline day and one of those is someone playing at the Euros at present

Personally if they could sign 3 or 4 experienced out of contract players to support the youngsters and to see games out , two loanees signed full time & then 1 g/keeper , two cbs , one full back , 1 mdf , 1 winger , 1 forward 10 players and get rid of the loanees we have out and anyone else that wants to leave the club.

When you look at the rumours much of it fits the list above which I would be happy to go into the season with.
Initial Transfer Action Doesn't Augur Well on 13:31 - Jun 20 with 307 viewsEasternSaint

As for the Japanese lad, Rento Takaoka, he is definitely one for the future. Considered the best Japanese talent of his age group. Think he’s trained with Saints for a couple of weeks already.
We are not lending him back to his club, we are letting him graduate high school next March. Goes to school not too far from I live here actually.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024