Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season 16:31 - Jul 22 with 3729 viewsPatfromPoole

Following my hugely successful prediction of Saints finishing 16th last season (or was it 17th? Either way it was slightly out....), I now bring you the final Prem table for next season......

1. City
2. Arsenal
3. Liverpool
4. United
5. Chelsea
6. Spurs
7. Villa
8. Newcastle
9. Palace
10. Fulham
11. Brighton
12. West Ham
13. Wolves
14. Boscombe
15. Everton
16. Brentford
17. Saints
18. Forest
19. Leicester
20. Ipswich

Awaiting incoming scorn and tearing to shreds of the above......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 12:15 - Jul 24 with 676 viewsfranniesTache

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 12:08 - Jul 24 by saint901

For me:

Leicester bottom because have a points deduction and limited spending power to improve their team and we've seen them sell some potentially useful players.

Then Forest partly for the same reasons.

Ipswich will be interesting because they've risen so high so fast and keeping that into the PL will be difficult.

Everton will struggle. I think Wolves might as well.

We could finish above all them.

I doubt we will finish ahead of Bournemouth or Brighton or any of our close London rivals.

We will not lay a glove on Arsenal, Liverpool, City. I think Utd are not what they were.

I don't see why everton will struggle, take away the highly dubious points deductions they got last season and they'd have finished comfortably mid table.

Wolves on paper are considerably stronger than us so i'd assume definitely finish above us.

Forest are an interesting one, take aside the potential for a points deduction and look at the two squads, would you bet on us beating them? I'm not convinced i would right now if i'm honest, but i definitely think they'll be in the mix for relegation.

All of that is by the by though as I think the main issue is our own limitations, unless we find a striker that can score 10 goals (at a minimum) then we're not staying up
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 13:06 - Jul 24 with 651 viewsPatfromPoole

I note with some irony that it appears from this thread that I have been relatively optimistic in saying we will finish 17th........

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 603 viewsCenturion

17th would be ok in our first season back.

For many seasons we bobbed around 17th, 16th, or 15th and those with a realistic understanding would predict much the same.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 19:33 - Jul 24 with 561 views1ASIN12

Quite rightly we are one of the favourites to go back down. So far we haven’t strengthened the 1st team from the one that finished 4 in the championship last season. However the window is not shut yet so it’s hard to judge.

Let’s face it if we were a Forrest , Brentford, Wolves, Fulham fan then we would all be saying Saints will go back down.

I think too many in here seem to be relying on Leicester getting a big points deduction - I’m not too sure it will be that big.

I’d take finishing 17 th now if it were offered.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:57 - Jul 24 with 518 viewshedgeend61

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 13:06 - Jul 24 by PatfromPoole

I note with some irony that it appears from this thread that I have been relatively optimistic in saying we will finish 17th........

Bookmakers have Saints 6/4 to be relegated, so they are not as pessimistic as many of our fans.
150% on their money in 10 months if they're right, don't get that in the bank.

I prefer to be an optimist
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 23:18 - Jul 24 with 481 viewscocklebreath

Pat, I can’t see boro in your league table.
Saints to finish 14th and all you pessimistic old fookers to be proved wrong

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:04 - Jul 25 with 420 viewsIfonly

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 21:57 - Jul 24 by hedgeend61

Bookmakers have Saints 6/4 to be relegated, so they are not as pessimistic as many of our fans.
150% on their money in 10 months if they're right, don't get that in the bank.

I prefer to be an optimist

Maybe the bookies aren't as pessimistic (realistic?) but they agree that Saints will go down. In a race of 20 horses, odds of 6/4 mean it's a high probability outcome.

It's interesting how much the odds on relegation are dominated by FFP penalties. Leicester are favourites for the drop, no doubt partly due to possible points deductions. And while the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are 2000/1 against, Man City are only 16/1 against for the drop. But at the same time, Man City are also lowest odds to win the title.

We're equal last on about 1000/1 to win the title. That's the bet for you if you really are an optimist!
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 13:01 - Jul 25 with 339 viewskernow

Were they the odds on Leicester winning the title?
Login to get fewer ads

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 13:57 - Jul 25 with 308 viewskingolaf

Finishing 17th would be a huge achievement.
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 14:32 - Jul 25 with 297 viewscocklebreath

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 09:04 - Jul 25 by Ifonly

Maybe the bookies aren't as pessimistic (realistic?) but they agree that Saints will go down. In a race of 20 horses, odds of 6/4 mean it's a high probability outcome.

It's interesting how much the odds on relegation are dominated by FFP penalties. Leicester are favourites for the drop, no doubt partly due to possible points deductions. And while the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool are 2000/1 against, Man City are only 16/1 against for the drop. But at the same time, Man City are also lowest odds to win the title.

We're equal last on about 1000/1 to win the title. That's the bet for you if you really are an optimist!

You’re wrong they think we’re 4th likeliest to go down so they think we’ll finish 17th

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 15:06 - Jul 25 with 285 viewsIfonly

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 14:32 - Jul 25 by cocklebreath

You’re wrong they think we’re 4th likeliest to go down so they think we’ll finish 17th

You might find one bookmaker that hasn't updated the odds that has it priced differently, but if you look across the market we're clearly 3rd favourites.

See here:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

or here:

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/premier-league/relegation
Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 16:14 - Jul 25 with 268 viewscocklebreath

Predicted final Prem league table for 2024/25 season on 15:06 - Jul 25 by Ifonly

You might find one bookmaker that hasn't updated the odds that has it priced differently, but if you look across the market we're clearly 3rd favourites.

See here:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

or here:

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/premier-league/relegation

Fair enough, when I looked a few weeks back we we’re 4th favourites.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024