Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why 13:03 - Sep 27 with 2195 viewsFlamingbankers

God bless the man - forever a man and human being amongst cowards.

Statement on Instagram

Poll: SR Out - Yes, No or Not sure

0
Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 19:52 - Sep 28 with 304 viewsfranniesTache

Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 13:30 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

The thing I have always liked about football is that in all the time that I have been watching it, it is a great leveller of people, you stood and watched the game with people around you that for 90 minutes what they did for a living, what political party or religious beliefs etc was of no matter, you just bonded in supporting your team.

In relation to poppies, that is not political, it is a remembrance of those who died fighting oppression, whether they were right/left, white /black, protestant/catholic/muslim or whatever.

Sport should be free of politics, ok sometimes it cant be and nations have been banned from competing , but if they haven't been banned then you have to play them, or withdraw from the competition.

Bazunu should be applauded, not whether he was right or wrong to withdraw, but as you say he stood up for something he believed in.

I respect him for that.


I very intentionally keep out Middle East politics because I don’t know enough of the detail to have an informed opinion. But I’ll respect anyone whose beliefs are that strong they’ll take a principled and non violent stand in favour of them.

As for the poppies thing I know they used to not be political but they have unfortunately been politicised, the reaction to James mcclean who was also taking a valid and principled stance shows that.

I often think how angry my gran would’ve been at what Remembrance Day has become, to her it was a day of quiet and somber reflection
0
Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 241 viewsSaintNick

Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 19:52 - Sep 28 by franniesTache

I very intentionally keep out Middle East politics because I don’t know enough of the detail to have an informed opinion. But I’ll respect anyone whose beliefs are that strong they’ll take a principled and non violent stand in favour of them.

As for the poppies thing I know they used to not be political but they have unfortunately been politicised, the reaction to James mcclean who was also taking a valid and principled stance shows that.

I often think how angry my gran would’ve been at what Remembrance Day has become, to her it was a day of quiet and somber reflection


You are right, it should be about quiet & sombre reflection about the loss of life in those wars, when I was a child my Grandad had fought in WW1 and my Father in WW2 and many people in the communities had lost family members in WW2 at least so it was reflected in the respect it was given.

It was noy about flag waving, but then again no one claimed that the flag was a sign of racism

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

0
Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 21:44 - Sep 28 with 217 viewsfranniesTache

Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 21:07 - Sep 28 by SaintNick

You are right, it should be about quiet & sombre reflection about the loss of life in those wars, when I was a child my Grandad had fought in WW1 and my Father in WW2 and many people in the communities had lost family members in WW2 at least so it was reflected in the respect it was given.

It was noy about flag waving, but then again no one claimed that the flag was a sign of racism


I miss the days when everyone was a lot more sane about stuff and we hadn’t been so swamped in American propaganda that made people go off the deep end about stuff or have to make some over the top gesture to show their position.
0
Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 22:29 - Sep 28 with 180 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Bazunu Refuses to Play Against Israel and Issues Statement Explaining Why on 21:44 - Sep 28 by franniesTache

I miss the days when everyone was a lot more sane about stuff and we hadn’t been so swamped in American propaganda that made people go off the deep end about stuff or have to make some over the top gesture to show their position.


All I am saying is "this". Agree.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026