| Unreleased Stevie 23:28 - Sep 28 with 955 views | franniesTache | Not de ridder, but mr wonderful himself, Stevie wonder. Ahead of the 50th anniversary tour of arguably his best lp (not my favourite that’s music of my mind) he’s dropped an ep of songs that didn’t make the cut for the album. I’m still gutted I missed out on tickets for his O2 shows as they’re on nights I’m already busy, but this is a next best thing. I just hope it gets a physical release as I’ve got all of his records up to the early 80s when he went too cheesy for me https://open.spotify.com/album |  | | |  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:06 - Sep 29 with 720 views | shotters | Had a listen this morning It's actually reminded me that I have Songs In The Key Of Life and I think I"ve only listened to it once, yeah I know Went through a stage of buying lp's that were critically lauded from various artists because I thought I should have them in my collection |  |
| Fail we may, sail we must |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:23 - Sep 29 with 698 views | Butty101 | I only remember Stevie Wonder from the 80s, as the bloke that sung Happy Birthday. And for that reason I’m out. |  |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:35 - Sep 29 with 681 views | shotters |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:23 - Sep 29 by Butty101 | I only remember Stevie Wonder from the 80s, as the bloke that sung Happy Birthday. And for that reason I’m out. |
That’s like saying I only know Rod Stewart for Sailing and justifiably saying I’m out His early solo lp’s, The Faces and Python Lee Jackson are a totally different kettle of fish Songs In The Key Of Life, Talking Book and Innerversions, the 3 lp’s I own are nothing like his later work, as FT says in his opening post in this thread |  |
| Fail we may, sail we must |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 08:19 - Sep 29 with 635 views | franniesTache |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:23 - Sep 29 by Butty101 | I only remember Stevie Wonder from the 80s, as the bloke that sung Happy Birthday. And for that reason I’m out. |
That’s like saying I won’t listen to ghost town by the specials because I heard it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it |  | |  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 09:27 - Sep 29 with 588 views | Heisenberg |
| Unreleased Stevie on 08:19 - Sep 29 by franniesTache | That’s like saying I won’t listen to ghost town by the specials because I heard it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it |
Ghost town. The one and only record Dougal had when he DJ’d the Priest gathering in Father Ted.Every time I hear it I think of that. |  |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 09:44 - Sep 29 with 566 views | kingslandstand1 | I saw him at the O2 back in 2009 ish I think it was, maybe later, but one of the best concerts I've been to, and have been to a few |  |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 10:16 - Sep 29 with 530 views | Butty101 |
| Unreleased Stevie on 08:19 - Sep 29 by franniesTache | That’s like saying I won’t listen to ghost town by the specials because I heard it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it |
It’s not at as they were 2 different bands. On the strength of Happy Birthday in the 80s, why as a youngster would I of gone and discovered his older stuff . It’s like give Lionel Ritchie the benefit of the doubt, if the first you heard of him was hello. |  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| Unreleased Stevie on 10:46 - Sep 29 with 503 views | franniesTache |
| Unreleased Stevie on 07:35 - Sep 29 by shotters | That’s like saying I only know Rod Stewart for Sailing and justifiably saying I’m out His early solo lp’s, The Faces and Python Lee Jackson are a totally different kettle of fish Songs In The Key Of Life, Talking Book and Innerversions, the 3 lp’s I own are nothing like his later work, as FT says in his opening post in this thread |
His golden era of Signed, Sealed and Delivered, Where I'm Coming From, Music of My Mind, Talking Book, Innvervisions, Fulfillingness' First Finale, and Songs In The Key of Life has to be the most consistently great sequence of albums of any popular musician, and the best sequence of album released by any motown musician. |  | |  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 10:51 - Sep 29 with 498 views | franniesTache |
| Unreleased Stevie on 10:16 - Sep 29 by Butty101 | It’s not at as they were 2 different bands. On the strength of Happy Birthday in the 80s, why as a youngster would I of gone and discovered his older stuff . It’s like give Lionel Ritchie the benefit of the doubt, if the first you heard of him was hello. |
But that's sort of the point, Stevie in the 80s is as different as to be a new band. As for Lionel Richie, some of his early stuff with the Commodores was great, i mean Easy is a classic soul tune. As for benefit of the doubt do you never re-listen to artists you didn't like growing up? I mean i do it loads, for example just recently i've spent time digging into disco music that i thought was cheesy and crap and realised i'm massively wrong about that, same way i've been revisiting pop stuff like Kylie and Madonna and appreciating things i'd have dismissed at the time because i was too caught up in what i thought was "cool" |  | |  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 13:26 - Sep 29 with 383 views | shotters | When I first met my wife and we were discussing music she was talking about UB40 and Aswad, she's really into all types of reggae, I immediately thought of their stuff from the 80's which was of no interest to me and put me off the genre as ridiculous as that sounds. After her playing me Signing Off and Live And Direct it opened my ears and mind to many new things, Handsworth Revolution by Steel Pulse is a real favorite lp of mine now As I heard Stuart Maconie say once "There's no such thing as a guilty pleasure" My tastes have changed as I've got older and there are records that I used to really like a few years ago that I very rarely listen to nowadays, I could probably sell a third of my collection and not really miss it Whilst I'm open to revisiting records that I've dismissed before, no one can ever convince me that Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart is a classic, I hated it the first time I heard it, tried again on frequent occasions as whilst it's a difficult listen "it's so rewarding if you persevere" no it isn't, it's unlistenable and I'll never "get it" I''ll stick with Safe As Milk and Clear Spot thanks |  |
| Fail we may, sail we must |
|  |
| Unreleased Stevie on 20:38 - Sep 29 with 170 views | SaintNick |
| Unreleased Stevie on 13:26 - Sep 29 by shotters | When I first met my wife and we were discussing music she was talking about UB40 and Aswad, she's really into all types of reggae, I immediately thought of their stuff from the 80's which was of no interest to me and put me off the genre as ridiculous as that sounds. After her playing me Signing Off and Live And Direct it opened my ears and mind to many new things, Handsworth Revolution by Steel Pulse is a real favorite lp of mine now As I heard Stuart Maconie say once "There's no such thing as a guilty pleasure" My tastes have changed as I've got older and there are records that I used to really like a few years ago that I very rarely listen to nowadays, I could probably sell a third of my collection and not really miss it Whilst I'm open to revisiting records that I've dismissed before, no one can ever convince me that Trout Mask Replica by Captain Beefheart is a classic, I hated it the first time I heard it, tried again on frequent occasions as whilst it's a difficult listen "it's so rewarding if you persevere" no it isn't, it's unlistenable and I'll never "get it" I''ll stick with Safe As Milk and Clear Spot thanks |
I was never into Motown & Stevie Wonder, I can appreciate his talent and his songwriting, it just doesn't move me |  |
| Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime |
|  |
| |