Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI under Coley 22:26 - Jan 25 with 4193 viewsofficialdale

What would everyone's team be for Saturday & his first game in? I would love to see a few things changed around, not because of certain players performances but simply because we haven't seen some of the talent in our squad given a real go. I'd like to see Tutte come in on Saturday and also Grimes partnering Bogdanovic. I personally think Ormerod would be utilised better off the bench with his experience. Hopefully Long will be signed in the next couple of days and eligible to play, so I'm curious to see what this lad can do, and wouldn't mind seeing him start alongside Holden.

With Beech I fully expected the same approach as Eyre. With Coley you get that something different. Who knows, they're could be some ins and outs by 3pm Saturday?!
Starting XI under Coley on 17:10 - Jan 26 with 2903 viewsTomRAFC

i am expecting to see simple attacking football either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

kurucz
darby amankwah long widdowson
thompson kennedy tutte adams
bogdanovic ormerod

or

kurucz
kennedy tutte
adams
grimes bogdanovic ormerod
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Starting XI under Coley on 17:20 - Jan 26 with 2860 viewssweetcorn

Starting XI under Coley on 17:10 - Jan 26 by TomRAFC

kurucz
bogdanovic ormerod

or

kurucz
kennedy tutte
adams

I would hazard at a simple 4-4-2:

-------------Kurucz------------
-Darby-Long----Jordan-Widdowson
-Adams--Jones--Kennedy--JLAA
--------Grimes---Bogdanovic-----

Thats not the team i'd pick though, my team would only include rochdale players (barring darby because hes been here all season) and loans that coleman himself has sanctioned.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Starting XI under Coley on 17:22 - Jan 26 with 2856 viewssweetcorn

Also, there is no chance that Jones won't start saturday, firstly it's the big derby, so your captain is in and knows exactly what this game means, also its coley's first game, so he wants his captain on side, after that we may see tutte played.

Starting XI under Coley on 17:37 - Jan 26 with 2815 views1907

Kurucz
Derby Holden Jordan Widdowson
Jones Kennedy Tutte
Adams
Akpro Ormerod
Starting XI under Coley on 18:21 - Jan 26 with 2741 viewsShun

The team I want to see:

Kurucz
Darby Jordan Long Widdowson
JLAA Kennedy Tutte Adams
Grimes Bogdanovic

But I agree with sweetcorn, there's no chance Jones won't start.
Starting XI under Coley on 18:47 - Jan 26 with 2690 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Why does everyone still want Kurucz in goal when we have a perfectly reasonable keeper in Lucas?
Starting XI under Coley on 19:11 - Jan 26 with 2647 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Starting XI under Coley on 18:47 - Jan 26 by DALEYCADDERS

Why does everyone still want Kurucz in goal when we have a perfectly reasonable keeper in Lucas?

Not forgetting Matty Edwards kept a couple of clean sheets

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Starting XI under Coley on 19:19 - Jan 26 with 2615 viewssweetcorn

Starting XI under Coley on 18:47 - Jan 26 by DALEYCADDERS

because kurucz is better and doesnt swallow his tongue. a la pleb.

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI under Coley on 20:16 - Jan 26 with 2568 viewsTimmyC

Dont think you can argue Kurucz is a good shot stopper and has done ok in his time here, but its only a 28 day emergency loan which did its job. Coleman has come in for a fresh start will he start with a goalkeeper who potentially wont be here for his second game in charge?

Goals vs Preston, Stevenage, and Wycombe have all come from some elementary mistakes from the lad, put it down to nerves or whatever. At the same time saves vs Tranmere and Stevenage when the game was dead were top class - normally when our back four has been having a sleep.

Lucas has had some strange injuries but for me when fit hes the more solid pro for me and this is what we need. Lucas to start for me!
Starting XI under Coley on 20:21 - Jan 26 with 2546 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Starting XI under Coley on 20:16 - Jan 26 by TimmyC

Dont think you can argue Kurucz is a good shot stopper and has done ok in his time here, but its only a 28 day emergency loan which did its job. Coleman has come in for a fresh start will he start with a goalkeeper who potentially wont be here for his second game in charge?

Goals vs Preston, Stevenage, and Wycombe have all come from some elementary mistakes from the lad, put it down to nerves or whatever. At the same time saves vs Tranmere and Stevenage when the game was dead were top class - normally when our back four has been having a sleep.

Lucas has had some strange injuries but for me when fit hes the more solid pro for me and this is what we need. Lucas to start for me!

Isnt it the West ham United lads & Bogda's last game this weekend if i am not mistaken then Ormerod's the week after?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Starting XI under Coley on 20:24 - Jan 26 with 2548 viewsTimmyC

Starting XI under Coley on 20:21 - Jan 26 by DaleAwaydayBot

Isnt it the West ham United lads & Bogda's last game this weekend if i am not mistaken then Ormerod's the week after?

As far as I am aware yes.
Starting XI under Coley on 20:34 - Jan 26 with 2536 viewspl56

Starting XI under Coley on 17:10 - Jan 26 by TomRAFC

kurucz
bogdanovic ormerod

or

kurucz
kennedy tutte
adams

I suspect your more likely to see a flexible 4-2-3-1 formation that he played at Accrington to good effect . It wouldn't surprise me either to see Holness back if Long does play ; I think Marcus has been badly let down this season by the failure to sign a big commanding centre half , which he isn't . He does however complement one very effectively as he did with Dawson last season . If his confidence is rebuilt by Coleman and Bell this week , they'll be well aware , I'm sure , of his abilities when alongside a strong centre back .
Starting XI under Coley on 20:38 - Jan 26 with 2517 views442Dale

If it is the 4-2-3-1, the 2-3-1 would quite possibly be

Jones, Kennedy
Adams, Tutte, Grimes/JLAA
Bogdanovic/Ormerod

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI under Coley on 21:03 - Jan 26 with 2477 viewsjoneill

simple 4-4-2

lucas
darby holness jordan wids
JLAA kennedy jones adams
grimes bogdan
Starting XI under Coley on 21:10 - Jan 26 with 2465 viewsnordenblue

Starting XI under Coley on 20:34 - Jan 26 by pl56

I suspect your more likely to see a flexible 4-2-3-1 formation that he played at Accrington to good effect . It wouldn't surprise me either to see Holness back if Long does play ; I think Marcus has been badly let down this season by the failure to sign a big commanding centre half , which he isn't . He does however complement one very effectively as he did with Dawson last season . If his confidence is rebuilt by Coleman and Bell this week , they'll be well aware , I'm sure , of his abilities when alongside a strong centre back .

Not just a reply to you but a general comment.I think you'll find bob has been let down by his own poor performances consistently this season, the lads full of mistakes and to blame others is poor form! Anybody would look like Canavaro playing next to Dawson at our level, I don't buy into this idea he needs a certain player next to him, his sole purpose as a defender is pretty simple and that's to defend, a "skill" he is sadly lacking in for long periods!If he's not a ball winning strapping centre half what is he as he certainly falls miles short of a ball playing gifted on the deck kind of player? For me bob got away with it in league 2 but falls way short at this level
Starting XI under Coley on 21:12 - Jan 26 with 2459 viewsAtThePeake

I am not John Coleman. But if I was this is what I'd pick.

Kurucz
Darby Jordan Long Widdowson
Adams Kennedy Jones JLAA
Bogdanovic Grimes

Lucas
Amankwaah
Tutte
Thompson
Ormerod

Tangled up in blue.

Starting XI under Coley on 21:33 - Jan 26 with 2434 viewsofficialdale

Starting XI under Coley on 21:10 - Jan 26 by nordenblue

Not just a reply to you but a general comment.I think you'll find bob has been let down by his own poor performances consistently this season, the lads full of mistakes and to blame others is poor form! Anybody would look like Canavaro playing next to Dawson at our level, I don't buy into this idea he needs a certain player next to him, his sole purpose as a defender is pretty simple and that's to defend, a "skill" he is sadly lacking in for long periods!If he's not a ball winning strapping centre half what is he as he certainly falls miles short of a ball playing gifted on the deck kind of player? For me bob got away with it in league 2 but falls way short at this level

Couldn't agree more. As far as I see it, this was Holness' year to dictate and take commandment of the back line. He hasn't took it. Dawson made Holness look a lot better than he is if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, he puts in 100% every game but it just isn't working out as he planned I don't think
Starting XI under Coley on 21:44 - Jan 26 with 2415 views442Dale

Starting XI under Coley on 21:10 - Jan 26 by nordenblue

But he did actually look better in League 1 than League 2, but yes this was possibly due to the assurance Dawson provided.

That his fellow players voted him as their player of the year last season illustrates he's rated and has it in him, but he's allowed his displays to drop spectacularly this time around.

Eyre's obvious lack of confidence in him from day one didn't help, nor did the constant stream of centre halves that arrived, none of whom have consistently impressed. However, it's Holness himself who needs to take responsibility and improve in many areas of his game.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Starting XI under Coley on 22:49 - Jan 26 with 2341 viewsD_Alien

Starting XI under Coley on 20:16 - Jan 26 by TimmyC

But I would argue that Kurucz is nothing of the sort! - i.e. good shot stopper

Exhibit A: the awful fumble at his near post for Stevenage's first goal. Not that the result would have been any different in the end, but what a confidence-drainer that was!

Lucas or Edwards for me on Saturday; I'd marginally favour Lucas

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Starting XI under Coley on 23:22 - Jan 26 with 2311 viewspl56

Starting XI under Coley on 20:38 - Jan 26 by 442Dale

If it is the 4-2-3-1, the 2-3-1 would quite possibly be

Jones, Kennedy
Adams, Tutte, Grimes/JLAA
Bogdanovic/Ormerod

I suspect you're very close there . Interestingly , and I might be wrong here , Ormerod owes JC big time for his start on a very lucrative professional football career .
Starting XI under Coley on 23:26 - Jan 26 with 2305 viewspl56

Starting XI under Coley on 21:33 - Jan 26 by officialdale

Couldn't agree more. As far as I see it, this was Holness' year to dictate and take commandment of the back line. He hasn't took it. Dawson made Holness look a lot better than he is if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, he puts in 100% every game but it just isn't working out as he planned I don't think

That's why "everyone starts with a clean sheet" is an important philosophy . If the lad gives 100% and recovers his confidence , then why not a "second coming" under a new management regime ?
Starting XI under Coley on 23:57 - Jan 26 with 2275 viewsSaxonDale

Undeniably Holness' game was made easier by the assurance of Dawson as his defensive partner, however anyone who thinks Holness could only play alongside Dawson need only remember Bournemouth away last season.Holness was the best defender on the park by a mile, with Dawson in the stand. PL56 is right in saying that Holness needs a dominant defender to play alongside him. In League 2 Holness always looked fantastic when stepping in for Stanton to play alongside McArdle ( eg MK Dons away) however never really looked comfortable when paired alongside Stanton.
Starting XI under Coley on 01:10 - Jan 27 with 2253 viewsNotEyreClue

Starting XI under Coley on 23:57 - Jan 26 by SaxonDale

Undeniably Holness' game was made easier by the assurance of Dawson as his defensive partner, however anyone who thinks Holness could only play alongside Dawson need only remember Bournemouth away last season.Holness was the best defender on the park by a mile, with Dawson in the stand. PL56 is right in saying that Holness needs a dominant defender to play alongside him. In League 2 Holness always looked fantastic when stepping in for Stanton to play alongside McArdle ( eg MK Dons away) however never really looked comfortable when paired alongside Stanton.

So because Holness had one good game in League 2 that completely negates the opinion that he could only play consistently play well alongside Dawson? Holness may have looked decent at times in League 2 but League 1 is a completely different kettle of fish. I also doubt that he looked 'fantastic every time he played alongside McCardle' but maybe I have a selective memory. I'm not a Holness 'hater' at all but I cringe everytime I see him in the starting line-up and I don't think my blood pressure or sanity will be able to stand another mistake from him.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~46810,00.html

One of the worst defensive performances I've ever seen - up there with Stockport away when Boardman and McArdle graced us with their presence. I realise this seems slightly contradictory, citing one performance and then judging a player based on this but the defensive performance at Forest Green wouldn't have looked out of place at the paralympics.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Starting XI under Coley on 05:59 - Jan 27 with 2228 viewsfrenzied

Holness has also suffered from having a dodgy keeper behind him at times...keane ,what was he 6 ft 4 and couldnt catch the ball ?...every time the ball was swung in panic broke out
Starting XI under Coley on 07:50 - Jan 27 with 2185 viewssweetcorn

"but the defensive performance at Forest Green wouldn't have looked out of place at the paralympics."

F**KING LOL. up there with any fifa forum quote. Quite right though, holness has been dreadful this year, I don't know why holness suddenly thinks he's become the re-incarnation of paul scholes and can play inch perfect long balls, which only end up at opposition feet, but thats what he thinks when he plays. you say he needs to play alongside a dominant defender, if hes not the type that dominates, then what is he? no disrespect, but he's not what i'd call a footballer.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024