Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Day Thread 13:45 - Mar 24 with 15141 viewsSFD

Any team news yet?
Match Day Thread on 16:59 - Mar 24 with 2239 viewsYouTubeDale

FT

Look to next season and build from here.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Day Thread on 17:03 - Mar 24 with 2181 views442Dale

GMR reporter made a point of saying how isolated Symes was. We've already discovered he needs someone up alongside him, and needing wins sending out the same old midfield three was a mistake.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Day Thread on 17:03 - Mar 24 with 2181 viewsoff2div1

Match Day Thread on 16:51 - Mar 24 by YouTubeDale

Your fat lady didn't sing hope mine does
Match Day Thread on 17:07 - Mar 24 with 2150 viewsKenBoon

We need to pick up some wins. A losing streak is bad.

Hopefully this squad is decimated in the summer, like it was last summer, just this time for the better. I don't care who leaves, I just want changes and lots of them. I trust the guy they've appointed for the job he has next season.

We were relegated the night we played Chesterfield in the League Cup. Every manager we've had this season has had an impossible job. I feel bad for Eyre sometimes. He was poor, but he wasn't helped either.
Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Mar 24 with 2131 viewsColDale

Match Day Thread on 17:03 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

GMR reporter made a point of saying how isolated Symes was. We've already discovered he needs someone up alongside him, and needing wins sending out the same old midfield three was a mistake.

until we reach the day that we have central midfielders to play a two man central midfield, then we will always be restricted as to how we set out. It's unfair to single out Jonah as he's contributed more than 80% of our squad this year, but we've not been able to play him in a central duo since 2008-9, and too often a side has been built around him. Getting that central midfield correct has to be Coleman's biggest priority this Summer. Don't know if Kennedy and Tutte have it in them to be the answer.
Match Day Thread on 17:14 - Mar 24 with 2114 views442Dale

Match Day Thread on 17:11 - Mar 24 by ColDale

until we reach the day that we have central midfielders to play a two man central midfield, then we will always be restricted as to how we set out. It's unfair to single out Jonah as he's contributed more than 80% of our squad this year, but we've not been able to play him in a central duo since 2008-9, and too often a side has been built around him. Getting that central midfield correct has to be Coleman's biggest priority this Summer. Don't know if Kennedy and Tutte have it in them to be the answer.

But it borders on ridiculous they've never been tried.

It is unfair on Jones, but while he remains a constant, the managers picking him are heaping that unnecessary criticism on him.

Match Day Thread on 17:23 - Mar 24 with 2068 viewsolympicdale

Match Day Thread on 17:07 - Mar 24 by KenBoon

We need to pick up some wins. A losing streak is bad.

Hopefully this squad is decimated in the summer, like it was last summer, just this time for the better. I don't care who leaves, I just want changes and lots of them. I trust the guy they've appointed for the job he has next season.

We were relegated the night we played Chesterfield in the League Cup. Every manager we've had this season has had an impossible job. I feel bad for Eyre sometimes. He was poor, but he wasn't helped either.

"Hopefully this squad is decimated in the summer, like it was last summer, just this time for the better. I don't care who leaves, I just want changes and lots of them. I trust the guy they've appointed for the job he has next season."

This

Life is a game of fate.

Match Day Thread on 17:32 - Mar 24 with 2050 viewsSuddenLad

Match Day Thread on 17:23 - Mar 24 by olympicdale

"Hopefully this squad is decimated in the summer, like it was last summer, just this time for the better. I don't care who leaves, I just want changes and lots of them. I trust the guy they've appointed for the job he has next season."

This

Ignoring loanees, it's very difficult to think of more than 3 I'd be happy to see in a Dale shirt next season.

Tutte, JLAA, Amankwah, JK .................and that's pushing it to a mighty 4.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Match Day Thread on 17:51 - Mar 24 with 2002 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Day Thread on 17:32 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

Ignoring loanees, it's very difficult to think of more than 3 I'd be happy to see in a Dale shirt next season.

Wot...no Jones !

Match Day Thread on 17:54 - Mar 24 with 1991 viewsYouTubeDale

I am more upset that bury equalised at the death than losing today. Call me twisted.

Match Day Thread on 17:56 - Mar 24 with 1982 viewsolympicdale

Match Day Thread on 17:32 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

JLAA kept as an impact player, not a starter.

Life is a game of fate.

Match Day Thread on 18:01 - Mar 24 with 1961 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Day Thread on 17:56 - Mar 24 by olympicdale

JLAA kept as an impact player, not a starter.

He's exciting to watch but doesn't score enough goals. His decision-making isn't good, for example, today when he should have squared the ball instead of shooting. My heart says yes, my brain is very undecided.

Match Day Thread on 18:30 - Mar 24 with 1915 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Day Thread on 17:51 - Mar 24 by YouTubeDale

Wot...no Jones !

I cant believe the amount of fans who are using the captain as the scapegoat, you were all very quiet last season when he walked off with all the end of season awards !! So, after a 7 week pre-season he is suddenly past it. Did he really self implode during that pre-season break ??

Gary Jones game has suffered in part because of the amount of fires he has tried to extinguish during the course of a game. The ineptitude and often laziness of those around him means he is often charging around like a blue arse fly trying to cover, because of this i believe his own game has suffered.

Lets put it this way, if half the team showed the same passion and desire as Gary Jones and gave the same 100% commitment we wouldnt be in this mess. Work rate is the main ingredient, go through the team and find me a player who works harder, the oldest player in the team and still sweating blood for the team yet still he gets castigated by his own fans.
Match Day Thread on 18:39 - Mar 24 with 1894 viewsArthurDaley

Allright then Ian.

A large VAT Dave

Match Day Thread on 18:40 - Mar 24 with 1892 viewssweetcorn

Match Day Thread on 18:30 - Mar 24 by TalkingSutty

I cant believe the amount of fans who are using the captain as the scapegoat, you were all very quiet last season when he walked off with all the end of season awards !! So, after a 7 week pre-season he is suddenly past it. Did he really self implode during that pre-season break ??

Gary Jones game has suffered in part because of the amount of fires he has tried to extinguish during the course of a game. The ineptitude and often laziness of those around him means he is often charging around like a blue arse fly trying to cover, because of this i believe his own game has suffered.

Lets put it this way, if half the team showed the same passion and desire as Gary Jones and gave the same 100% commitment we wouldnt be in this mess. Work rate is the main ingredient, go through the team and find me a player who works harder, the oldest player in the team and still sweating blood for the team yet still he gets castigated by his own fans.

I absolutley agree and although i do think Jones is due a rest, i would without doubt keep him next season, i agree with what you're saying about him working harder to try and make up for whats around him.

Jones will once again be in JC's plans next season and when surrounded by good players we'll see the old Jonah.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match Day Thread on 18:46 - Mar 24 with 1879 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Day Thread on 18:40 - Mar 24 by sweetcorn

I absolutley agree and although i do think Jones is due a rest, i would without doubt keep him next season, i agree with what you're saying about him working harder to try and make up for whats around him.

Jones will once again be in JC's plans next season and when surrounded by good players we'll see the old Jonah.

Well Sweetcorn, you have posted some absolute diarrhoea over the last month or so but its nice to see that you have the capabilities of actually posting a reasoned response. Well done, keep it up !!
Match Day Thread on 18:51 - Mar 24 with 1871 viewssweetcorn

Match Day Thread on 18:46 - Mar 24 by TalkingSutty

Well Sweetcorn, you have posted some absolute diarrhoea over the last month or so but its nice to see that you have the capabilities of actually posting a reasoned response. Well done, keep it up !!

A constructive post is easy, seeing peoples reactions entertains me much more.

Match Day Thread on 18:53 - Mar 24 with 1864 viewsTalkingSutty

Match Day Thread on 18:51 - Mar 24 by sweetcorn

A constructive post is easy, seeing peoples reactions entertains me much more.

You want to get a bird (sorry, girlfriend)
Match Day Thread on 19:02 - Mar 24 with 1849 viewssweetcorn

I have one, don't worry. However when i'm at work it keeps me entertained.

Match Day Thread on 19:02 - Mar 24 with 1849 viewsColDale

could you imagine the likes of Giggs or Scholes playing every minute of every single game throughout the season, and then still performing to the best of their ability? The fact that Eyre, Beech and Coleman have continued to do so (like Hill before them) either suggests that we as supporters do not recognise the work Jonah does and his influence on a game and his team mates, or it is a reflection on the lack of alternatives within the squad, after all I doubt Coleman is someone to bow down to player power. There's an over reliance on Jones, and I hope that there's not an assumption that the drop down a division will mean that we can do the same again next year.
Match Day Thread on 19:06 - Mar 24 with 1840 viewsSuddenLad

Someone 'jokingly' suggested a while ago on these boards that Jonah's contract has a clause that he plays every game (if fit).

I'm beginning to think it's perhaps not a joke after all.

Match Day Thread on 19:07 - Mar 24 with 1833 viewssweetcorn

Match Day Thread on 19:06 - Mar 24 by SuddenLad

Someone 'jokingly' suggested a while ago on these boards that Jonah's contract has a clause that he plays every game (if fit).

I'm beginning to think it's perhaps not a joke after all.

Surely not?!?

Only in rochdale.

Match Day Thread on 19:28 - Mar 24 with 1807 views442Dale

How many have come out and really "castigated" Jones though?

There's a difference between thinking he shouldn't be a first choice midfielder and saying he's not good enough to contribute anymore.

You're right to say he's suffered because of others, and that includes a succession of managers who haven't given him a rest.

Match Day Thread on 19:35 - Mar 24 with 1793 viewsSuddenLad

I have nothing but the highest praise for Jonah, but I honestly believe too great a burden has been placed on his shoulders, by team-mates, supporters ans managers.

There's only so much one man can do within a team, and there can be no questioning the attitude, drive, commitment and passion that Jonah displays for 90 minutes, EVERY week.

As others have said, I think he should have been used more sparingly this season, and the fact that he hasn't been has contributed to his lack of form - but not effort.

The season went t!ts up very early on, and has never recovered. I don't envy John Coleman at the moment, though in no way do I place any blame at his door for the predicament we are in.

Match Day Thread on 21:37 - Mar 24 with 1721 viewsYouTubeDale

Don't get me wrong too, I am a Jonah fan and echo the sentiments that he isn't the Dale captain for nothing. There is no player harder working for the team. But these last two games in particular (it sounded like today - I wasn't there) he has fallen below his own good standard. You have got to be honest and not try kidding yourself. And when a captain is failing with basic passing then it spreads like wildfire throughout the team. Yes, it does say that the manager has played him too much and to play him has become an unintended disservice to a Dale legend. He seems to be trying too hard - and that sounds silly.
I believe he will lead us out next season, possibly his last at the "top", and I really, really hope that he leads us onto victory in a play-off at Wembley. Now that would be a fitting end to Gary Jone's Dale career.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024