Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? 19:00 - Apr 11 with 5903 viewsTomRAFC

given relegation is almost mathematically inevtiable on saturday do you feel you should be there to see the fall as a dale fan or do you just want to stay away and have it over and done with?

despite being an exile at the moment i felt a strange need to definantly be there for the sad event.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 1001 viewskirbys

I was present for both our promotions and present at the last relegation in a season that was far worse than the current disappointing one. Through thick and thin I will be there.
Incidently I fancy Dale to turn Exeter over on Saturday and give us all something to cheer about.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 13:07 - Apr 12 with 950 viewsmizfit

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:20 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

The class thing to do would be to turn up and support the lads for 90+ minutes.

I just hope the side that JC selects is worthy of it!

Hilly tried his best to get rid of the "little Rochdale" mentality, but for me that was more about his own ego than about what our reality is. Plus it stood us in good stead for several decades and I reckon we need to see ourselves for what we are - a team from a poor town with a loyal but small fanbase that has just had a great run for our money over the past 5 years.

We can rise again, but we'll never be able to compete with the Sheffields of the football league world. The odd victory once in a while, such as the 2-0 against the wendies last season, somehow makes it all worthwhile.

memories cant be that fond as i recall it being 2-1 when we played wednesday
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 13:30 - Apr 12 with 939 viewspioneer

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:25 - Apr 11 by sweetcorn

Well your last paragraph is wrong. We can compete with them, maybe not by fanbase or financially, but on the pitch we certainly can as we showed last season, one by beating them, two by finishing above them.

Dead right, last season showed what was possible, hanging on to the 'liitle Rochdale' tag is just an excuse for not achieving.

The potential was there to go on and achive more but an untimely (and very late in the day) departure by the managerial team, a completey screwed up appointment process for the succesor and a failure to address the marketing/promotion side of the club was responsible for us not going forward from there. The first was out of our hands and now in the past, the second has been admitted/accepted by those reponsible, nothing has happened on the third.

Yes, its back to little Rochdale, because its a convenient excuse for not doing what is needed to create sustainable progress.

Ill stop typing now and try to find my flat cap and clogs.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 20:51 - Apr 12 with 865 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 13:30 - Apr 12 by pioneer

Dead right, last season showed what was possible, hanging on to the 'liitle Rochdale' tag is just an excuse for not achieving.

The potential was there to go on and achive more but an untimely (and very late in the day) departure by the managerial team, a completey screwed up appointment process for the succesor and a failure to address the marketing/promotion side of the club was responsible for us not going forward from there. The first was out of our hands and now in the past, the second has been admitted/accepted by those reponsible, nothing has happened on the third.

Yes, its back to little Rochdale, because its a convenient excuse for not doing what is needed to create sustainable progress.

Ill stop typing now and try to find my flat cap and clogs.

Wrong Wrong Wrong!!

Having a "little Rochdale" mentality means nothing more than that the taste of success is even sweeter when it happens!!

If we can beat the likes of the Sheffield clubs once in a while and even finish above them for a season (or two), that's a fabulous achievement for a club with an average gate of around 20% of theirs!!

I really despair at the pernickety points some of you boring gets find yourselves having to make when you're not even understanding what I'm posting- but ffs its clear enough to most!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:04 - Apr 12 with 852 viewsChaffRAFC

I'll be there as per any other home game.

This season has been worse than most predicted but we're bottom because we deserve to be. There's no need for an inquest as to why, we could, and have discussed it for months. We need to regroup, say goodbye to the out of contract players that aren't good enough and rebuild a side to stay in League Two next season.

I'm very much looking forward to next season and looking forward to seeing the "R" next to our name come 5pm on Saturday. The Sheffield United match was poor from a footballing perspective but it's one of the few times I've genuinely enjoyed a home match with all the songs for past players, good and awful, and singing relegation songs. More of the same on Saturday!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 01:58 - Apr 13 with 804 viewsDiddyDave

We all knew Dale were on borrowed time in this division,the departure of Hillcroft only bringing it forward,but the important thing is that Dale will have a team next year because the club`s being well looked after financially,unlike a few I could mention. Clubs like Dale are always in a Catch 22 situation,any decent players get sold on to help the club survive,and managers will always treat the club as a stepping stone to better things,but that`s the way of the world.
The appointment of Steve Eyre was no more a gamble than the appointment of Keith Hill,one came off,the other didn`t. Same with the players,but look at who have played for Dale in the last few years and are all playing top tier football now; Holt,Buckley,Murray,Lambert,Le Fondre,Gilks,Bywaters,Dawson,McArdle,McCourt,Wiseman,Done and I`ve probably forgotten a few.
Yep,not a bad club when you look at it that way even if Saturday will unquestionably see Dale`s demise confirmed. Though it`s impossible for me to attend games living on the other side of the world,I`ll certainly be looking forward to the first game of the 2012/13 season and to listening to progress scores on the BBC World Service early on Sunday mornings when I`m driving around northern New South Wales in my security job. I guess there are plenty around the world like me,but win,lose or draw,as long as I still hear Dale`s name in the football results every week,I`ll be happy.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 10:53 - Apr 13 with 767 viewsdownunder

"I guess there are plenty around the world like me,but win,lose or draw,as long as I still hear Dale`s name in the football results every week,I`ll be happy".

Second that.
The worrying thing about the early part of your post is, where are the next bunch of starlets? Eyre, despite being such a high flyer in City youth coaching, does not seemed to have progressed any young players. OK, Beech is still there doing his job, but he may have lost enthusiasm following this seasons fun and games. Reece Gray is the only name I have heard mentioned on here. On loan to Hyde?
Anybody know where our next money earner is?
The "war chest" will need replenishing at the end of next season.
That is a worry IMO
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 10:54 - Apr 13 with 767 viewsmacro

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:07 - Apr 11 by olympicdale

not missed many home games in my 11 supporting years but sadly got to a stage were I am saving my money for next season, too painful at the moment.

your hardly been at any games from what i understand
Login to get fewer ads

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 12:34 - Apr 13 with 741 viewsKenBoon

I've seen us get relegated numerous times this season, once more won't do any harm.

Chesterfield (League Cup) was the first relegation.
Bradford City (FA Cup) was the 2nd *a few days after when Eyre hadn't been sacked
Tranmere (Home)

Then the "this is certainly Rochdale - R"...
Walsall (Home)

This Saturday is just paperwork. A tachograph in the emergency loan market of life. A short questionnaire with one question "Are you shit?: Yes or Yes".
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 12:39 - Apr 13 with 736 viewsDale_Iain

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 12:34 - Apr 13 by KenBoon

I've seen us get relegated numerous times this season, once more won't do any harm.

Chesterfield (League Cup) was the first relegation.
Bradford City (FA Cup) was the 2nd *a few days after when Eyre hadn't been sacked
Tranmere (Home)

Then the "this is certainly Rochdale - R"...
Walsall (Home)

This Saturday is just paperwork. A tachograph in the emergency loan market of life. A short questionnaire with one question "Are you shit?: Yes or Yes".

Am I missing something here? How was the 2nd game of the season, which we won, an indication that we'll be relegated?
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 12:53 - Apr 13 with 718 viewsDaley_Lama

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 10:54 - Apr 13 by macro

your hardly been at any games from what i understand

In the same score, can I also point out that us season ticket holders don't have the option to save for next season on such games as we've already staked our money and our hearts and souls into the club long before a ball has been kicked and do not have the option to be fickle and the like?

Hoooo Yes! That feels good, it's ages since I've had a season ticket holders versus non season ticket holders rant.

Poll: DF in or out

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 13:02 - Apr 13 with 704 viewssandylaner1

i will be there in the sandy tomorrow, crying

(not serious)

semi-serious
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:52 - Apr 13 with 611 viewsDySporting

I've been at games seeing Norwich relegated (twice) once like sale this season where it's sure fire and once on the last day where they could have stayed up, there was a difference in the games. The black humour at the first, sheer gut ache at the second
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 01:17 - Apr 14 with 578 viewsblakeyj

Going tomorrow hoping that we don't come the humiliating bottom of the league and with Chesterfield still to play tomorrow I think that we must win tomorrow to make sure we don't come bottom
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 09:59 - Apr 14 with 550 viewsDalenet

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 01:17 - Apr 14 by blakeyj

Going tomorrow hoping that we don't come the humiliating bottom of the league and with Chesterfield still to play tomorrow I think that we must win tomorrow to make sure we don't come bottom

All your tomorrows came at once.

I will be there today despite the long drive. It will feel somewhat bizarre I feel. I doubt we will get 1800 gate today and there will be no atmosphere at all. I just hope we show some fight and don't go down in last place
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024