Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? 19:00 - Apr 11 with 5902 viewsTomRAFC

given relegation is almost mathematically inevtiable on saturday do you feel you should be there to see the fall as a dale fan or do you just want to stay away and have it over and done with?

despite being an exile at the moment i felt a strange need to definantly be there for the sad event.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:18 - Apr 11 with 1030 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:12 - Apr 11 by Clivert

That last paragraph will pretty much sum us all up who post on here. It's way that most of the players have just gone through the motions over the last few months that hurts the most. During the final few weeks of the Eyre era I kept banging on about how we had to get rid as we were going down with a whimper, Eyre then went and Beech came in, it became apparent that Beech couldn't lift the players, we then saw Coleman arrive and after a slight upturn and probably our most consistant spell of decent performance the same players reverted to 'couldn't give a toss' mode again.

I'd say that the players deserved to be booed when relegation is confirmed but it won't happen (the booing I mean not the relegation!).

Speak for yourself.

Can't possibly imagine what you think booing will achieve?

The players on the pitch this Saturday will not include any of those who've let us down this season. JC has either got rid or excluded them from the matchday squad.

Name me one of those XI from Tuesday night who deserves to be boo-ed?

Go on!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:20 - Apr 11 with 1023 viewsClivert

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:18 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Speak for yourself.

Can't possibly imagine what you think booing will achieve?

The players on the pitch this Saturday will not include any of those who've let us down this season. JC has either got rid or excluded them from the matchday squad.

Name me one of those XI from Tuesday night who deserves to be boo-ed?

Go on!

Lucas.

I said that they deserved to be booed, I didn't say that I would boo (if that makes any sense?).
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:23 - Apr 11 with 1017 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:20 - Apr 11 by Clivert

Lucas.

I said that they deserved to be booed, I didn't say that I would boo (if that makes any sense?).

It does.

But your criteria for booing is that "the same players reverted to 'couldn't give a toss' mode again."

Is that what Lucas has done? OK, he's been crap, but that's a very different thing to not giving a toss.

Start again. Who deserves to be boo-ed?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:31 - Apr 11 with 1000 viewsClivert

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:23 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

It does.

But your criteria for booing is that "the same players reverted to 'couldn't give a toss' mode again."

Is that what Lucas has done? OK, he's been crap, but that's a very different thing to not giving a toss.

A team that hasn't given value for money all season, a team that has let three managers down in one season, a team that have continued to let their heads drop and give in as soon as they've gone a goal down, a team that has let it's fans down by caving in in so many games.

They deserved to be booed but won't be.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:34 - Apr 11 with 990 viewsroccydaleian

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:31 - Apr 11 by Clivert

A team that hasn't given value for money all season, a team that has let three managers down in one season, a team that have continued to let their heads drop and give in as soon as they've gone a goal down, a team that has let it's fans down by caving in in so many games.

You going to the end of season do, by any chance Clivert?
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:35 - Apr 11 with 984 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:31 - Apr 11 by Clivert

Devastated as you are, and I am, by how this season has panned out, which players - which individuals who are likely to finish the season under JC, do you think deserve to be boo-ed as they walk past after the final whistle?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:36 - Apr 11 with 979 viewsClivert

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:34 - Apr 11 by roccydaleian

You going to the end of season do, by any chance Clivert?

I'm doing my grey bits that night .
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:48 - Apr 11 with 951 viewspedrodale

Battle?? The players have been a disgrace all season theyre supposed to be proffesionals but havent performed under any manager all season and just seem to feel sorry for themselves.Gary Jones who has been my all time favourite Dale player looks a pathetic shaddow of himself and needs to give up the arm band to someone who wants to fight.
I just hope the club will back up JC over the summer so he can have a complete clear out at the end of the season and start afresh.
Anyone who thinks we'll finish with more than 35 pts is just kidding themselves surely were not going to start performing now were relegated.
Anyway Im certain Ill be there on Saturday but hate myself for doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:48 - Apr 11 with 951 viewsClivert

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:35 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

Devastated as you are, and I am, by how this season has panned out, which players - which individuals who are likely to finish the season under JC, do you think deserve to be boo-ed as they walk past after the final whistle?

They should be booed as a team for their 'achievements' during the course of the season.

I know it wouldn't do any good and theres no point to it as the booing at the end of the end Stevenage game proved but how else would you show how let down you feel?

Perhaps I'm wrong, I usual am aren't I?
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:03 - Apr 11 with 934 viewsdalenumber2

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:12 - Apr 11 by Clivert

That last paragraph will pretty much sum us all up who post on here. It's way that most of the players have just gone through the motions over the last few months that hurts the most. During the final few weeks of the Eyre era I kept banging on about how we had to get rid as we were going down with a whimper, Eyre then went and Beech came in, it became apparent that Beech couldn't lift the players, we then saw Coleman arrive and after a slight upturn and probably our most consistant spell of decent performance the same players reverted to 'couldn't give a toss' mode again.

I'd say that the players deserved to be booed when relegation is confirmed but it won't happen (the booing I mean not the relegation!).

I wouldn't boo the players. Some of them have been trying, although in vain. Who would you choose to boo? I can only think of two or three myself.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:05 - Apr 11 with 930 viewsDale_Iain

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:48 - Apr 11 by Clivert

They should be booed as a team for their 'achievements' during the course of the season.

I know it wouldn't do any good and theres no point to it as the booing at the end of the end Stevenage game proved but how else would you show how let down you feel?

I'm with you on this one Clivert. I doubt I'll boo (unless something particularly bad happens on Saturday - which we can't rule out!) because it's just not me, I've only booed Dale once and regretted it. However, I think beyond any doubt that as a group of players, they deserve to be booed. In fact that's the nicest thing they deserve.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:06 - Apr 11 with 925 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:48 - Apr 11 by Clivert

It's not about being right or wrong, and I'm the last person to say that fans shouldn't vent their feelings, but at least some of those lads will be expected to run through brick walls next season to get us back on the road to success.

Every man on the pitch will be feeling totally crap. You could see that after the Walsall equalizer. Just what is the point of demoralising them any further?

It's not possible to boo a team - each player will feel it as an individual, and it's something they will carry with them throughout the summer. I sometimes get carried away during games and give an individual a bit of stick, but its in the heat of the moment, not pre-meditated, and the next minute I'm trying to find reason to applaud them. That's part and parcel of being a fan.

I accept that you won't actually be booing them, it's just the time for expressing that kind of frustration has passed - probably following the Tranmere game.

Lets all just try to show we can take relegation in our stride - not accepting it, simply recognising we weren't good enough - and give JC and those lads who'll be staying on a taster of what they can expect if they take up the fight on our behalf next August

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:28 - Apr 11 with 901 viewsSuddenLad

The players who I would boo have already left the club. Those who had no heart, no passion, no interest, no guts and who never had a future at Rochdale Football Club.

There are often threads on here about Dale's worst ever players, but I don't EVER remember so many demics turning up on one coach.

John Coleman has done the best he can with the rag-tag bunch he has had at his disposal. He isn't a miracle worker, and his REAL job was almost certainly going to begin in May, despite him being appointed in January. The salvage operation hasn't worked, and I dare say he's as disappointed as anybody, but I think we all realised long ago that he was flogging a dead horse.

We'll win on Saturday, because there's no pressure to win (apart from avoiding bottom place).

I hope there are players on show from the fringes of the squad who can stake a claim for a place.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:33 - Apr 11 with 888 viewsTVOS1907

Bonus points for the first use of the word 'demics' on this board, SL.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:34 - Apr 11 with 887 viewsTalkingSutty

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:06 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

It's not about being right or wrong, and I'm the last person to say that fans shouldn't vent their feelings, but at least some of those lads will be expected to run through brick walls next season to get us back on the road to success.

Every man on the pitch will be feeling totally crap. You could see that after the Walsall equalizer. Just what is the point of demoralising them any further?

It's not possible to boo a team - each player will feel it as an individual, and it's something they will carry with them throughout the summer. I sometimes get carried away during games and give an individual a bit of stick, but its in the heat of the moment, not pre-meditated, and the next minute I'm trying to find reason to applaud them. That's part and parcel of being a fan.

I accept that you won't actually be booing them, it's just the time for expressing that kind of frustration has passed - probably following the Tranmere game.

Lets all just try to show we can take relegation in our stride - not accepting it, simply recognising we weren't good enough - and give JC and those lads who'll be staying on a taster of what they can expect if they take up the fight on our behalf next August

I know what you are saying about the booing and agree but i am with Clivert on this one. Its a team game and they win and lose as a team so i dont think anybody comes out of the season with credit really.

Some of the performances this season have been shocking and they all have to take the blame for that, none of them deserve any sort of praise for this seasons exploits. Its obvious we havent been good enough but at times we have either bottled the game (Tranmere) or thrown the towel in, which realy is a reflection on the lack of team spirit within the squad.

Blaming previous managers doesnt really wash neither, when they cross the line the players should play with professional pride and give their all, i havent seen much of that this season. Two words to sum the season up, "Total Shambles".
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:40 - Apr 11 with 835 viewsTVOS1907

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:34 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

I know what you are saying about the booing and agree but i am with Clivert on this one. Its a team game and they win and lose as a team so i dont think anybody comes out of the season with credit really.

Some of the performances this season have been shocking and they all have to take the blame for that, none of them deserve any sort of praise for this seasons exploits. Its obvious we havent been good enough but at times we have either bottled the game (Tranmere) or thrown the towel in, which realy is a reflection on the lack of team spirit within the squad.

Blaming previous managers doesnt really wash neither, when they cross the line the players should play with professional pride and give their all, i havent seen much of that this season. Two words to sum the season up, "Total Shambles".

I'm also not sure how you can single out someone you are going to boo, short of walking up to them and doing it to their face.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:49 - Apr 11 with 824 viewsTalkingSutty

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:40 - Apr 11 by TVOS1907

I'm also not sure how you can single out someone you are going to boo, short of walking up to them and doing it to their face.

Booing is what kids do at "pantomimes"......come to think of it .

Cancelling the end of season awards would be a fitting tribute, failure shouldnt be rewarded. I honestly believe not one of the players would want to attend if it was their own choice anyway, they have to be embarrassed surely !!
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:09 - Apr 11 with 803 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:49 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

Cancelling the end of season awards would be a fitting tribute, failure shouldnt be rewarded. I honestly believe not one of the players would want to attend if it was their own choice anyway, they have to be embarrassed surely !!

Cancelling any awards - or not turning up in support - is a more mature form of protest which I've already advocated.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:13 - Apr 11 with 795 viewsClivert

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 22:49 - Apr 11 by TalkingSutty

.........and there was countless times earlier on in the season when The TDS as a whole was shouting 'HE'S BEHIND YOU!' at Trotman but to no avail.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:25 - Apr 11 with 781 viewssweetcorn

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 19:20 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

The class thing to do would be to turn up and support the lads for 90+ minutes.

I just hope the side that JC selects is worthy of it!

Hilly tried his best to get rid of the "little Rochdale" mentality, but for me that was more about his own ego than about what our reality is. Plus it stood us in good stead for several decades and I reckon we need to see ourselves for what we are - a team from a poor town with a loyal but small fanbase that has just had a great run for our money over the past 5 years.

We can rise again, but we'll never be able to compete with the Sheffields of the football league world. The odd victory once in a while, such as the 2-0 against the wendies last season, somehow makes it all worthwhile.

Well your last paragraph is wrong. We can compete with them, maybe not by fanbase or financially, but on the pitch we certainly can as we showed last season, one by beating them, two by finishing above them.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:36 - Apr 11 with 768 viewsD_Alien

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:25 - Apr 11 by sweetcorn

Well your last paragraph is wrong. We can compete with them, maybe not by fanbase or financially, but on the pitch we certainly can as we showed last season, one by beating them, two by finishing above them.

For one season only, yes.

A club with an average gate of 3200 (after last night) might finish above a club with an average gate of 15-20,000 once every so often, but to think we could compete with them season after season is pure fantasy.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:51 - Apr 11 with 749 viewsolympicdale

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 21:23 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

It does.

There is a clear difference to players being simply not good enough, and players simply not trying/caring, one you can forgive to an extent, but the other is truely unforgivable.

If it turns out they get booed i wouldnt be one to say that was harsh on them for what they've provided us with this year, im not a boo'er myself, but if there was ever a time for it, this would be, most of them wont even be here anyway next season.

Life is a game of fate.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:54 - Apr 11 with 743 viewssweetcorn

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 23:36 - Apr 11 by D_Alien

For one season only, yes.

A club with an average gate of 3200 (after last night) might finish above a club with an average gate of 15-20,000 once every so often, but to think we could compete with them season after season is pure fantasy.

but your words were we could 'never' compete.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 07:37 - Apr 12 with 695 viewsJumeirahDale

100% agree with D'Alien here, as well as the other posters who have pointed out the 5 good seasons to go alongside the 1 bad.

We've had 1 relegation in the last 40-odd years. Let's just thank our f*cking lucky stars that we were in League One when it happened!

Looking forward to the new season and the fresh start. Just hoping York manage to drag themselves up.

Up the Dale.
will you be going to see the axe fall on saturday? on 10:39 - Apr 12 with 654 viewsSFD

I dont thinking booing wil achieve anything and hopefully the players will leave the pitch staight after the last game without contemplating walking around.
The awards evening should definitely be cancelled, saving embarrassment all round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024