Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My one real concern 00:08 - Oct 3 with 3059 viewsLondondale

I remember some of Coleman's Accy teams being rather 'physical' to say the least when they visited Spotland in the past, and having watched us dominate teams under Hilly while simultaneously winning awards for fair play, I'm a little worried (with the disciplinary record so far, and one or two other incidents (Grant throwing himself to the floor at MK, players being pulled off because they can't be trusted not to get a second yellow) that we may soon earn ourselves a reputation for being dirty/cheats. It's also not a trait I want to see in our teams, so I hope we stamp (pardon the pun) that out as soon as possible.

Would be interesting to canvass the views of others on this...
My one real concern on 00:11 - Oct 3 with 3037 viewssandylaner1

My one real concern on 00:12 - Oct 3 with 3030 viewsBeefCurtain

1. Mcintyre's sending off was hardly dirty
2. Grant is a fiery character and you can't tar the rest of the team with the same brush (and it was a moment of stupidity)
3. We are not a dirty team in any way shape of form and never have been under Coleman or indeed anyone of the modern era
4. Despite the personnel, we are not Accrington Stanley..we are Rochdale A.F.C
5. I don't share any of your concerns or agree with anything you've said

Everyone's had beef with beef curtain.

My one real concern on 00:12 - Oct 3 with 3027 views442Dale

We're definitely collecting too many cards.

19 yellows and 2 reds I think now.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

My one real concern on 00:14 - Oct 3 with 3012 viewsBeefCurtain

My one real concern on 00:11 - Oct 3 by sandylaner1

Frieza > Cell, Androids, Majin Buu etc

My one real concern on 00:14 - Oct 3 with 3011 viewsRoChDaLe

couldn't care less about being known as a dirty team due to the fact were not, we dont usually hoof the ball up all the time and mcintyres red card was crazy, grants was just frustration.. but last year we have a bunch of wuffters who wouldn't get stuck in meaning we'd lose convincingly at least this year we look half decent!

how is anthony elding still in league one?

My one real concern on 00:14 - Oct 3 with 3009 viewsShun

My one real concern on 00:11 - Oct 3 by sandylaner1

Your coolness level is over NINE THOUSAAAAND!
My one real concern on 06:36 - Oct 3 with 2915 viewsphomem

Note that gillingham had yet another player sent off last night
My one real concern on 22:06 - Oct 3 with 2673 viewsShun

My one real concern on 00:14 - Oct 3 by BeefCurtain

Frieza > Cell, Androids, Majin Buu etc

Frieza > Cell > Androids > Vegeta/Nappa > Majin Buu >>>>>>>> Garlick Jr.
Login to get fewer ads

My one real concern on 00:12 - Oct 4 with 2601 viewsDaley_Lama

My own opinion is that we don't have a dirty player in our team at all.

On the same score, I don't class 99.99% of players as dirty.

Under Hilly we had such a good team that we very rarely had games where our players had to do last ditch tackles, deliberate fouls, the sort of thing that makes a team look dirty because we were always on the front foot, it was the opposition forced into doing such things and our clean tag eminated.

We're not at that high level at the mo, most games are tight affairs so we're picking up cards and the occasional (1) red where one has to say that was a bad tackle(under 2012 rules, 10 years ago if he got the ball it was fine)

Dirty players to me are those that use their elbows, constantly break up play through niggly fouls, needle their opposite number etc.

The only one player who slightly puts himself about that way is Dele, but that is very very slightly and only mentioned as my opinion on how un-dirty we are.

Poll: DF in or out

My one real concern on 00:32 - Oct 4 with 2592 viewsLondondale

My one real concern on 00:12 - Oct 3 by BeefCurtain

1. Mcintyre's sending off was hardly dirty
2. Grant is a fiery character and you can't tar the rest of the team with the same brush (and it was a moment of stupidity)
3. We are not a dirty team in any way shape of form and never have been under Coleman or indeed anyone of the modern era
4. Despite the personnel, we are not Accrington Stanley..we are Rochdale A.F.C
5. I don't share any of your concerns or agree with anything you've said

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, as I am entitled to mine. I'm not sure what your last point adds other than to reiterate what you said in your previous four points, and undermine your credibility slightly (you don't agree that some of the Accy teams in the past were physical, that we dominated teams under Hilly or that we won fair play awards?) Allow me to respond if poss-

1. Didn't mention McInyre's red, didn't say it was dirty or whether or not I thought it was deserved
2. I didn't tar the team with the same brush because of one incident, I raised other examples (Tutte and Grimes by implication) of players having to be brought off because they were at risk of being red carded
3. That's just an assertion with no evidence to back it up
4. We are, but unless you ignore the fact that managers and coaches tend not to change what has been successful in the past, that we are a different club is neither here nor there.

Admittedly I am being rather facetious in my responses so I do apologise, but felt like I should be entitled to defend my opinion. I was more interested to find what people's views are and make the point that we have a much worse, and in my opinion wholly unnecessary disciplinary record than we have done in the past when we've been successful.

Either way I don't really care so long as we do well.
My one real concern on 08:55 - Oct 4 with 2522 viewsfermin

At MK?? Must have missed that one.

Wimbledon fans do regard us as dirty cheats, as it happens,
My one real concern on 10:30 - Oct 4 with 2466 viewsTVOS1907

My one real concern on 00:32 - Oct 4 by Londondale

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, as I am entitled to mine. I'm not sure what your last point adds other than to reiterate what you said in your previous four points, and undermine your credibility slightly (you don't agree that some of the Accy teams in the past were physical, that we dominated teams under Hilly or that we won fair play awards?) Allow me to respond if poss-

1. Didn't mention McInyre's red, didn't say it was dirty or whether or not I thought it was deserved
2. I didn't tar the team with the same brush because of one incident, I raised other examples (Tutte and Grimes by implication) of players having to be brought off because they were at risk of being red carded
4. We are, but unless you ignore the fact that managers and coaches tend not to change what has been successful in the past, that we are a different club is neither here nor there.

Admittedly I am being rather facetious in my responses so I do apologise, but felt like I should be entitled to defend my opinion. I was more interested to find what people's views are and make the point that we have a much worse, and in my opinion wholly unnecessary disciplinary record than we have done in the past when we've been successful.

I suppose regarding point 3, it depends what people class as 'dirty'.

We've accumulated 20 yellow cards in 12 league and cup games, less than 2 per game on average.

Four of those came at Gillingham last Saturday, including one for time-wasting and one for Lillis kicking the ball away after Gillingham's penalty.

That means the other 11 games have yielded 16 yellow cards, which in the modern game is a very low ratio.

On the other hand, the Football League site shows we have conceded 113 fouls in League 2 this season, the sixth highest in the division. And yet, of the 13 clubs with the most fouls, only four have less yellow cards than us; the other eight all have more!

Accrington have least fouls with 67, but 11 yellow cards, so 46 less fouls than us, but only three yellow cards fewer.

No idea what all this means, mind.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

My one real concern on 12:30 - Oct 4 with 2415 views100notout

My one real concern on 10:30 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

We've accumulated 20 yellow cards in 12 league and cup games, less than 2 per game on average.

Four of those came at Gillingham last Saturday, including one for time-wasting and one for Lillis kicking the ball away after Gillingham's penalty.

That means the other 11 games have yielded 16 yellow cards, which in the modern game is a very low ratio.

On the other hand, the Football League site shows we have conceded 113 fouls in League 2 this season, the sixth highest in the division. And yet, of the 13 clubs with the most fouls, only four have less yellow cards than us; the other eight all have more!

Accrington have least fouls with 67, but 11 yellow cards, so 46 less fouls than us, but only three yellow cards fewer.

Give it to Stephen Hawkins for his homework

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

My one real concern on 12:56 - Oct 4 with 2381 viewsBeefCurtain

My one real concern on 00:32 - Oct 4 by Londondale

1. Mcintyre got sent off so that would add to the 'poor disciplinary record' you spoke of..however this had absolutely nothing to do with being 'dirty' or even 'physical.'
2. Players on bookings being taken off is commonplace. Neither Tutte or Grimes are dirty players. Tutte is an industrious midfielder who doesn't shy away from a tackle and Grimes is just a petulant sod.
3. As someone has said previously, we've had an average of 2/3 yellow cards per game which certainly isn't a ridiculous amount and we've had one sending off that can be classed as completely reckless and unncessary.
4. Of course it matters that we're a different club, different resources and players creates different situation. Take the quality of playing surface for example, perhaps a physical approach was a necessity on a pitch like the one at Accy.

Yes you are being facetious...there's nothing wrong with having an opinion just the same as there's nothing wrong with stating that I don't agree with anything you've said. I honestly can't see any reason why anyone would surmise that we are/are turning into a dirty team or one with a poor disciplinary record based on what we've seen up to this point.

My one real concern on 13:47 - Oct 4 with 2342 viewsBobbyjoe

My one real concern on 10:30 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

Shaky moral ground here, TVOS. You can't just ignore half the evidence. People will take you for a statistician if you're not careful!
My one real concern on 15:52 - Oct 4 with 2289 viewsTVOS1907

My one real concern on 13:47 - Oct 4 by Bobbyjoe

Shaky moral ground here, TVOS. You can't just ignore half the evidence. People will take you for a statistician if you're not careful!

I hope they do.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

My one real concern on 19:05 - Oct 4 with 2218 viewsphomem

My one real concern on 15:52 - Oct 4 by TVOS1907

I hope they do.

Statto Statto
My one real concern on 22:57 - Oct 4 with 2164 viewsRotherhamDale

Don't think 'dirty' is the word. I'd say more 'niggly'. Touching the ball away, little fouls, always arguing etc.

One culprit I've noticed, is Putterill. Always yapping at the opposition (Barnsley keeper, Rotherham away when we won the penalty, he turned to their player straight away).

Not nice to play against.

Possession with progression.

My one real concern on 23:00 - Oct 4 with 2157 views442Dale

My one real concern on 22:57 - Oct 4 by RotherhamDale

Don't think 'dirty' is the word. I'd say more 'niggly'. Touching the ball away, little fouls, always arguing etc.

One culprit I've noticed, is Putterill. Always yapping at the opposition (Barnsley keeper, Rotherham away when we won the penalty, he turned to their player straight away).

Spotted that Rotherham incident too. He likes to wind people up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

My one real concern on 23:01 - Oct 4 with 2154 viewsphomem

My one real concern on 22:57 - Oct 4 by RotherhamDale

Nathan Stanton admitted to being a 'pincher' at corners. Sly nips to opposition forwards
My one real concern on 00:57 - Oct 5 with 2119 viewsLondondale

My one real concern on 12:56 - Oct 4 by BeefCurtain

1. Mcintyre got sent off so that would add to the 'poor disciplinary record' you spoke of..however this had absolutely nothing to do with being 'dirty' or even 'physical.'
2. Players on bookings being taken off is commonplace. Neither Tutte or Grimes are dirty players. Tutte is an industrious midfielder who doesn't shy away from a tackle and Grimes is just a petulant sod.
3. As someone has said previously, we've had an average of 2/3 yellow cards per game which certainly isn't a ridiculous amount and we've had one sending off that can be classed as completely reckless and unncessary.
4. Of course it matters that we're a different club, different resources and players creates different situation. Take the quality of playing surface for example, perhaps a physical approach was a necessity on a pitch like the one at Accy.

Yes you are being facetious...there's nothing wrong with having an opinion just the same as there's nothing wrong with stating that I don't agree with anything you've said. I honestly can't see any reason why anyone would surmise that we are/are turning into a dirty team or one with a poor disciplinary record based on what we've seen up to this point.

Fair play beefy, let's agree to disagree. I think dirty is the wrong choice of words and agree petulent/naughty streak may be more accurate.

TVOS thanks for the stats! As you say, no idea what they mean. But interesting nonetheless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024