Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to stick together !! 19:30 - Dec 17 with 3048 viewsTalkingSutty

I reckon somebody is trying to drag this club down and i have a feeling its either somebody within, or somebody who as had prior dealings. I have no proof its just a gut feeling.

I had my meeting with the manager today and he didnt really convince me one way or the other (my main gripe was the percieved disciplinary problems) but i have to say i admire his openess and i believe honesty (although obviously he wont be able to divulge certain information).

Results and performances in general have been pretty poor and JC acknowledges this and is adamant that he will sort out the defensive problems come January. Its easy to over react after what we have been treated to at Spotland this season and i am at the point where going to games is becoming a chore, but having spoken to the man and had a good think i reckon we need to give him a break and get behind him.

I now believe the Accrington connection was one he had to turn too in order to at least give us a starting point this season and to a point it has worked. Having listened to him it became clear that he intends to improve the team over a period of time, starting with the defence in the January transfer window.

What ever happens we have to wait until the end of this season and then look at our position and performances. The man is passionate about what he does, you can tell he hates the position he is in and being a very proud man he would have been feeling embarrassed and angry about what he had to do this afternoon, i wonder how the players feel about what occurred ?

It might not really improve until JC sorts the defence out but we have proved we have a good forward line at this level and our midfield is not too shabby so lets cut JC some slack and view this season as one of consolidation, because that would have been acceptable prior to the season starting.

To all the stay away fans, we need you back at Spotland because your absence will kill the club. Two wrongs dont make a right and although its understandable why fans have voted with their feet nows the time to "give em another chance".
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Time to stick together !! on 19:36 - Dec 17 with 2411 viewsRalphs12

Nicely put TS
Time to stick together !! on 19:45 - Dec 17 with 2364 viewsTalkingSutty

Time to stick together !! on 19:36 - Dec 17 by Ralphs12

Nicely put TS

I think quite a few fans have already made up their mind though and my post is in no way having a go at those folk, we all have choices.
Time to stick together !! on 20:31 - Dec 17 with 2290 viewsmiddyman

Time to stick together !! on 19:45 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

I think quite a few fans have already made up their mind though and my post is in no way having a go at those folk, we all have choices.

But he is still turning to the accrington connection Gornell for example
Time to stick together !! on 20:34 - Dec 17 with 2276 viewsTalkingSutty

Time to stick together !! on 20:31 - Dec 17 by middyman

But he is still turning to the accrington connection Gornell for example

Gornell was stupid to get sent off but just like Grant do you not think he is a decent player at this level ??
Time to stick together !! on 20:36 - Dec 17 with 2267 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Well said T.S. - Clearly there are issues but J.C. meeting with the fans today is for me the best thing the club have done in the last 2 years - at least it shows that the powers that be are taking notice to a point!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Time to stick together !! on 20:55 - Dec 17 with 2228 viewsNinco

Time to stick together !! on 19:45 - Dec 17 by TalkingSutty

We've been through so many bad times in the past though, and if the fans had spat their dummies out and walked away on those occasions, there may not have been a club left now. It has been the loyalty of the fans through sheer difficult times that has kept the club going. This is a time for rallying round and helping the club. People should be bringing a mate along to add to the support, not walking out at the first sign of problems.

You are either a fan, in which case you should follow your team through thick and thin, or you are just someone who jumps on the band wagon and only goes when there are good times, but if you only come for the good times, please don't say that you are staying away because you are helping the club. All you are doing is dragging the club down through depriving them of support and much needed income and no genuine fan would do that to their club.
Time to stick together !! on 21:13 - Dec 17 with 2187 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Although I couldnt go today to meet JC I feel that many of my questions have been addressed, if not really answered. However I really do respect JC for doing what he did.

After TS opening post and funnily enough something sweetcorn said last night i've just got to the point where I hate not loving my club anymore. So I will try my best.

I do think someone is trying to drag our club down, I have my own theory who, but looking at my posts over the last few weeks, I am no better than they are.

We are where we are, not having a pot to p!ss in and hoping we have more good days than bad.........Is it 1984 all over again

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Time to stick together !! on 22:43 - Dec 17 with 2114 viewsYouTubeDale

Time to stick together !! on 21:13 - Dec 17 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Although I couldnt go today to meet JC I feel that many of my questions have been addressed, if not really answered. However I really do respect JC for doing what he did.

After TS opening post and funnily enough something sweetcorn said last night i've just got to the point where I hate not loving my club anymore. So I will try my best.

I do think someone is trying to drag our club down, I have my own theory who, but looking at my posts over the last few weeks, I am no better than they are.

We are where we are, not having a pot to p!ss in and hoping we have more good days than bad.........Is it 1984 all over again

That's the spirit!!!!

That's exactly what's needed - I wish more people could do the same then we could give OURSELVES a better chance of improving our position. We haven't hit rock bottom yet being 4 points off the play-off. We've got a proven manager for the job who WILL sort the defence out. And if this season proves to be a consolidating one then he will go from strength to strength as he did at Accy. Yes, he still needs to change some of his ways and I believe he has had a kick up the bum from fans to make him think about our concerns.
Today we moved forward.Thank you to the fans who took time to air their views and I am glad that many were enthused by Coleman. Let's hope we can keep building on this. Having a forum in January is a must to gain some momentum off the pitch. Chris Dunphy has got to address the marketing issue even if he starts by letting non-paid enthusiastic people get involved re the Think Tank. I believe we should have a full time marketing manager or reassess what Iain Johnstone is doing. This should be up for discussion. But the point is we should be continuously moving this club forwards and marketing is a key tool towards that end.

But the very basics are, I agree, sticking together through tough times,attending matches and putting much,much needed cash through the turnstiles.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Time to stick together !! on 22:48 - Dec 17 with 2099 viewssandylaner1

Time to stick together !! on 22:43 - Dec 17 by YouTubeDale

That's the spirit!!!!

That's exactly what's needed - I wish more people could do the same then we could give OURSELVES a better chance of improving our position. We haven't hit rock bottom yet being 4 points off the play-off. We've got a proven manager for the job who WILL sort the defence out. And if this season proves to be a consolidating one then he will go from strength to strength as he did at Accy. Yes, he still needs to change some of his ways and I believe he has had a kick up the bum from fans to make him think about our concerns.
Today we moved forward.Thank you to the fans who took time to air their views and I am glad that many were enthused by Coleman. Let's hope we can keep building on this. Having a forum in January is a must to gain some momentum off the pitch. Chris Dunphy has got to address the marketing issue even if he starts by letting non-paid enthusiastic people get involved re the Think Tank. I believe we should have a full time marketing manager or reassess what Iain Johnstone is doing. This should be up for discussion. But the point is we should be continuously moving this club forwards and marketing is a key tool towards that end.

But the very basics are, I agree, sticking together through tough times,attending matches and putting much,much needed cash through the turnstiles.

10/10 post
Time to stick together !! on 22:50 - Dec 17 with 2087 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Time to stick together !! on 22:43 - Dec 17 by YouTubeDale

That's the spirit!!!!

Marketing manager has approached the club - nothing ever came of it YTD.

In fact the lack of interest was suprising - formal interview or meeting with the board was not offered - even though the guy apparently had a good track record - just what I have heard so dont take that as red!!!

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Time to stick together !! on 23:22 - Dec 17 with 2044 viewsDale_Iain

This is the best thread on here lately by a very long way. Absolutely spot on.

Obviously there are various reasons why people can't attend sometimes, I respect that, but if you choose not to attend just because things aren't going well then you cannot call yourself a supporter. You're a fan, but not a supporter. Literally.

Rochdale through thick and thin!
Time to stick together !! on 23:24 - Dec 17 with 2040 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Time to stick together !! on 23:22 - Dec 17 by Dale_Iain

Obviously there are various reasons why people can't attend sometimes, I respect that, but if you choose not to attend just because things aren't going well then you cannot call yourself a supporter. You're a fan, but not a supporter. Literally.

I though Fans and Supporters were the same thing fancier name

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Time to stick together !! on 23:29 - Dec 17 with 2028 viewsroccydaleian

Time to stick together !! on 23:24 - Dec 17 by DaleAwaydayBot

Wtf?
Time to stick together !! on 23:31 - Dec 17 with 2026 viewsDale_Iain

Time to stick together !! on 23:24 - Dec 17 by DaleAwaydayBot

No. Think about the definition of the word 'support'.
Time to stick together !! on 23:37 - Dec 17 with 2010 viewsrochdale1987

Time to stick together !! on 23:22 - Dec 17 by Dale_Iain

Agreed, even if we were in the Blue Square North i'd still get my season ticket and turn up, it's a like love affair that i simply cannot stop, no matter how bad things get.
Time to stick together !! on 23:38 - Dec 17 with 2009 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Time to stick together !! on 23:31 - Dec 17 by Dale_Iain

No. Think about the definition of the word 'support'.

i will do but were all Dale even if people make us angry and we get bad press about the town we still get on with our lifes

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Time to stick together !! on 23:44 - Dec 17 with 1995 viewsroccydaleian

Time to stick together !! on 23:38 - Dec 17 by DaleAwaydayBot

i will do but were all Dale even if people make us angry and we get bad press about the town we still get on with our lifes

Again, wtf?
Time to stick together !! on 23:45 - Dec 17 with 1997 viewsrochdale1987

Time to stick together !! on 23:38 - Dec 17 by DaleAwaydayBot

You do talk some shit.
Time to stick together !! on 23:46 - Dec 17 with 1995 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Time to stick together !! on 23:45 - Dec 17 by rochdale1987

You do talk some shit.

Thats unfair 1987 - it would be fairer to say on occasion he talks some sense!

Time to stick together !! on 23:48 - Dec 17 with 1990 viewsroccydaleian

Time to stick together !! on 23:46 - Dec 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

Go on then. Name it?
Time to stick together !! on 00:08 - Dec 18 with 1973 viewsmizfit

Time to stick together !! on 23:46 - Dec 17 by Thacks_Rabbits

No he friging doesn't
Time to stick together !! on 00:11 - Dec 18 with 1967 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Time to stick together !! on 00:08 - Dec 18 by mizfit

No he friging doesn't

I think he once said the gravy was good on his Yorkshire Pudding!!!

Time to stick together !! on 00:17 - Dec 18 with 1957 viewsroccydaleian

Time to stick together !! on 00:11 - Dec 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

I think he once said the gravy was good on his Yorkshire Pudding!!!

Ha. You win
Time to stick together !! on 00:29 - Dec 18 with 1942 viewsTVOS1907

Time to stick together !! on 23:48 - Dec 17 by roccydaleian

Go on then. Name it?

He said he'd put you on ignore.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Time to stick together !! on 00:33 - Dec 18 with 1940 viewsroccydaleian

Time to stick together !! on 00:29 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

He said he'd put you on ignore.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024