Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank Kershaw 08:31 - Aug 15 with 8516 viewsdaleuxb

It is with sadness that loyal Rochdale fan Frank Kershaw died on Monday with his family around him.
Frank was up till this season a regular in his seat with me in the main stand. Frank used to sit amongst the Players families and recently sat near to Keith Hills mum who he became friends with.
Frank was a butcher in Wardle village and ran several youth football teams, Churchill St and Cook St Pallets before retiring.
Frank was known in the main stand for handing out his "Werthers" to all that sat round him.
He leaves behind a lot of good memories and leaves his dear wife Joan, and daughters Janet and Debbie and son Nick.
his best dale moment was when dale had got to Wembley he said " I am not going , I will go next time they get there!!" He went and loved the game.
A Dale fan and critic, He will be missed by many.
Frank Kershaw on 08:43 - Aug 15 with 7340 viewsaleanddale

RIP Frank.

didnt know him, Sounds like a good fella will be missed.
Frank Kershaw on 09:27 - Aug 15 with 7269 viewsDaley_Lama

RIP to what sounds like a good old Dale fan and a good old chap to boot.

Poll: DF in or out

Frank Kershaw on 09:43 - Aug 15 with 7243 viewsClivert

Very sad news indeed.

I knew Frank through The Church Inn bowls team and he was indeed a really decent and genuine man.

My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Frank.
Frank Kershaw on 10:48 - Aug 15 with 7164 viewsSalwaDale

RIP Frank

TBBT

Frank Kershaw on 11:00 - Aug 15 with 7148 viewsChaffRAFC

RIP Frank

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Frank Kershaw on 12:45 - Aug 15 with 7025 viewsbaroniser

R.I.P Frank.
Only met him a few times but I work with his daughter, and Nick was my old college tutor.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family
Frank Kershaw on 15:57 - Aug 15 with 6894 viewsTomRAFC

R.I.P. FranK

Only knew him from around the football so we weren't close but he was a true daley. He will be sorely missed.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Frank Kershaw on 19:16 - Aug 15 with 6778 viewsRAFC1907

Sad news RIP Frank

Poll: Bottomley...

Login to get fewer ads

Frank Kershaw on 20:14 - Aug 15 with 6731 views100569

I knew Frank for many years, his wife Joan, son Nick and daughter Debbie and this was very sad news indeed. My thoughts are with his family at this time. Frank was a great fella and a true gentleman.

RIP Frank, god bless.
Frank Kershaw on 20:22 - Aug 15 with 6714 viewsstuartcryer

so so sad to hear this news i knew Frank all my life what a great friendly genuine bloke he was RIP FRANK would love to make the funeral but sadly cant i would like to know where the wake is i would like to try and get there

wardle blue

Frank Kershaw on 20:32 - Aug 15 with 6701 viewsdaleuxb

Frank Kershaw on 20:22 - Aug 15 by stuartcryer

so so sad to hear this news i knew Frank all my life what a great friendly genuine bloke he was RIP FRANK would love to make the funeral but sadly cant i would like to know where the wake is i would like to try and get there

thank you all very much!!
Stuart he would be pleased that you could attend. wake at the spotland reform
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 20:42]
Frank Kershaw on 20:39 - Aug 15 with 6679 viewsstuartcryer

Frank Kershaw on 20:32 - Aug 15 by daleuxb

thank you all very much!!
Stuart he would be pleased that you could attend. wake at the spotland reform
[Post edited 15 Aug 2013 20:42]

i will try my up most he was lovely man

wardle blue

Frank Kershaw on 21:42 - Aug 15 with 6613 viewsTalkingSutty

Frank Kershaw on 20:39 - Aug 15 by stuartcryer

i will try my up most he was lovely man

Being an Alderbank lad i remember Frank very well and our family often visited his butchers shop. I also worked alongside his son Nick for a few years and they are a well respected family.

Frank was always a great person to speak too and loved the Dale, its true to say he was a gentleman and will be sadly missed. I also cant make the funeral due to work commitments but pass on my condolences (Reed/Betham family) to the Kershaw family.

RIP Frank.
Frank Kershaw on 21:56 - Aug 15 with 6595 viewsShun

RIP Frank.
Frank Kershaw on 22:32 - Aug 15 with 6555 viewsjamRAFC

Never even heard of him, but RIP Frank
Frank Kershaw on 13:29 - Aug 16 with 6369 viewsMattbdale

RIP Frank

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Kershaw on 19:15 - Aug 16 with 6258 viewsmick2112

Hi all
Knew Frank for many years and the family as i lived in Wardle for many years and my Gran lived on Chapel Street at top of Wardle also i caught the school coach from near Franks Butchers shop and would often go in for a chat on football etc!!
Great guy and i know will be sadly missed by many!!
Deepest sympathies to all of Franks family and does anyone know when the funeral is or have we missed it??
RIP Frank
Mick Thompson
Frank Kershaw on 20:44 - Aug 16 with 6214 viewsRalphs12

RIP
Frank Kershaw on 21:10 - Aug 16 with 6199 viewsstuartcryer

Frank Kershaw on 19:15 - Aug 16 by mick2112

Hi all
Knew Frank for many years and the family as i lived in Wardle for many years and my Gran lived on Chapel Street at top of Wardle also i caught the school coach from near Franks Butchers shop and would often go in for a chat on football etc!!
Deepest sympathies to all of Franks family and does anyone know when the funeral is or have we missed it??
RIP Frank
Mick Thompson

hi mick

not being funny what you know about football you are a city fan long time mate gutted about frank proper chap

wardle blue

Frank Kershaw on 21:20 - Aug 16 with 6192 viewsmick2112

Frank Kershaw on 21:10 - Aug 16 by stuartcryer

hi mick

not being funny what you know about football you are a city fan long time mate gutted about frank proper chap

Yep i am but we are all football fans together when it comes to someone we all thought a lot of passes away!!
I still go to some games at Dale and most know me from when i ran the City supporters branch there.
If anyone does not like me being here then just say so but i am here and on this post for the right reasons!!:-))
Hope you are well Stuart!!
Mick
Frank Kershaw on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 6181 viewsroccydaleian

Frank Kershaw on 19:15 - Aug 16 by mick2112

Hi all
RIP Frank
Mick Thompson

Hi Mick, to answer your question about Frank's funeral, their was an obituary in Wednesdays Ob and it says the funeral was today.
R.I.P. Frank
Frank Kershaw on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 6180 viewsstuartcryer

i know you are long time since we met we need to have a beer let me know next game you at and will meet

wardle blue

Frank Kershaw on 21:50 - Aug 16 with 6171 viewsmick2112

Frank Kershaw on 21:44 - Aug 16 by stuartcryer

i know you are long time since we met we need to have a beer let me know next game you at and will meet

Cheers for that,shame was hoping to make the funeral but only found out today about this!
Will do on the pint Stuart for sure.
Mick
Frank Kershaw on 21:54 - Aug 16 with 6162 viewsstuartcryer

wanted to get there myself frank was great bloke,god bless to all his family

wardle blue

Frank Kershaw on 22:54 - Aug 18 with 6057 viewsNinco

Was he the big feller with white hair who used to sell Golden Gamble tickets years ago?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024