Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question for Dale Fans 11:48 - Sep 6 with 7530 viewsRubbernecker

Is the game tomorrow against your biggest rivals?

Do you view Bury as your main derby and the main team you love to hate?

I seem to remember Dale scarves with 'we hate Burnley' on them or did I just imagine that?

Looking forward to your answers and a cracking game tomorrow.
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:08 - Sep 6 with 6452 viewsAtThePeake

Nope, Bolton are our biggest rivals.

Tangled up in blue.

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:09 - Sep 6 with 6445 viewsD_Alien

1) Nearest rivals, full stop

2) Main derby through sheer proximity and number of times we play you, but that could change

3) The scarves said "We ate Burnies" *

* cakeshop

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:13 - Sep 6 with 6431 viewsdeeplishblue

I suppose it all boils down to who you least like to lose to? - and for me this probably is bury.

Allthough seeing bury lose on the results is not as satisfying as seeing say Stockport, Notts County or Rotherham lose for some reason.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:15 - Sep 6 with 6424 viewssandylaner1

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:08 - Sep 6 by AtThePeake

Nope, Bolton are our biggest rivals.

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:38 - Sep 6 with 6374 viewssandylaner23

I think it depends on your age, the older fans are more likely to say Burnley, but we haven't played them much in the past 20 years so you could argue that the rivalry has dropped off.
If you ask younger fans it will definently be bury just because of the distance and banter etc and the fact we have been around the same level for 10 years or so.
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 12:56 - Sep 6 with 6334 viewsMattbdale

I for one would class Oldham as our biggest rival and Bury as our 2nd biggest rival

When i first started following Dale it was Burnley and Halifax

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 13:08 - Sep 6 with 6311 viewsboromat

Bury are probably our biggest rival at the moment. Due to the proximity, banter and amount of times we've played one another. I think Accy would be a bigger rivalry if they brought more support to the games.

On the scarf I have an old green scarf that says 'Better than Burnley' on it, maybe it's that one?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 14:05 - Sep 6 with 6236 viewsRubbernecker

So I hadn't imagined the Burnley scarves!

Accrington as big rivals? It's a bad day if you class them as rivals, they brought 150 to Gigg a few weeks ago which is truly abysmal.

As a Shaker I'm sorry but it will always be Bolton I truly hate however most of our fans 25 and under would go for your lot. That said I enjoy our rivalry and I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I just hope the numpty element on both sides isn't out in full force.
Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 14:24 - Sep 6 with 6192 viewsChaffRAFC

From a personal POV it's Oldham Athletic. I live in Shaw, work in Royton and have far too many BIFFO's telling me how much of a bigger club they are than us on a daily basis.

Bury are a close second for me because I'm a tad young to remember all the Burnley rivalry.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 14:49 - Sep 6 with 6149 viewsFred_Talbot

Stockport

Where's Fred?

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 15:14 - Sep 6 with 6105 viewsMattbdale

I know quite a few dale fans in Littleborough still carry on the rivalry of Burnley as there a good few Burnley fans in the Borough

I agree with Chaff i have a real hatred of all things Oldham and i get great pleasure out of them getting beat.

I find our rivalry with Bury to be more of a jovial rivalry filled with banter and pisstaking

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 15:35 - Sep 6 with 6071 viewsjokerthief

Should be a huge against Bury..Absolutely no games in Lancashire, looks like the nearest football game on a Saturday 3pm start is Bradford v Brentford...maybe many floating fans around..thank god its not all ticket..
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 15:40 - Sep 6 with 6065 viewsRubbernecker

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 15:35 - Sep 6 by jokerthief

Should be a huge against Bury..Absolutely no games in Lancashire, looks like the nearest football game on a Saturday 3pm start is Bradford v Brentford...maybe many floating fans around..thank god its not all ticket..

I knew there were obviously no Prem games but if we are the only fixture in Lancs what kind of attendance do you think we can expect? I expect us to bring 2200 ish.
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 15:59 - Sep 6 with 6026 viewsMattbdale

I think the gate will be between 4-5k
Think quite a few floating fans will be attending Non League Day and going to there nearest Non League Game

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 16:09 - Sep 6 with 6003 viewsfitzochris

When I started going to Dale in the late 80s, Burnley were definitely the main rivals. However, they disappeared upwards and then Bury seemed to take their place with Mark Carter and co!

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 19:58 - Sep 6 with 5808 viewsShun

I definitely see you as our main rivals. Like others have said though, it's a jovial rivalry and there's definitely no hatred there. You're the only consistent rivalry I've seen in my Daley-life. As for who I hate losing to most, definitely Notts Cvnty.
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 21:06 - Sep 6 with 5758 viewssandylaner1

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 19:58 - Sep 6 by Shun

I definitely see you as our main rivals. Like others have said though, it's a jovial rivalry and there's definitely no hatred there. You're the only consistent rivalry I've seen in my Daley-life. As for who I hate losing to most, definitely Notts Cvnty.

I hate Bury
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 21:42 - Sep 6 with 5727 viewsChaffRAFC

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 19:58 - Sep 6 by Shun

Wouldn't go that far Shun, I still hate Bury with a passion and everything to do with them, just hate Oldham more. Hate Manchester City more than any other club on Earth though.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 22:13 - Sep 6 with 5681 viewsPDIDDY

All this hatred, get a grip

Gissa job

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 22:52 - Sep 6 with 5645 viewsDomDale

I don't get the hatred. . Not into the hoolie yoof bollocks. Just a piss take really isn't it?

I'd imagine Wanderers are like our Burnley? The Bolton fans i've met don't consider you as rivals any more. More so Blackburn.

I'm a bit too young to 'get' Burnley so for me it's Bury, Stockport, Oldham. Up there is Notts Kunty though - and any team Lee Hughes turns up at.

Really looking forward to this game, let's hope it's a gooden.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 00:29 - Sep 7 with 5592 viewsDale_Pea

I grew up loving our games at The Shay and always saw Halifax as our main rival, but I suppose Bury would have to take that title now.

I love to hate Stockport though.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 01:13 - Sep 7 with 5566 views_dezzy

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 00:29 - Sep 7 by Dale_Pea

I grew up loving our games at The Shay and always saw Halifax as our main rival, but I suppose Bury would have to take that title now.

I love to hate Stockport though.

I Don't hate bury, but like the new rivalry, I grew up in the 80's to so my hatred is towards burnley stockport and halifax

KHBA

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 07:38 - Sep 7 with 5529 viewsPDIDDY

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 01:13 - Sep 7 by _dezzy

I Don't hate bury, but like the new rivalry, I grew up in the 80's to so my hatred is towards burnley stockport and halifax

Still don't get the hate? Since I've stopped drinkin, moved to Scotland and found Christianity my life is great

Gissa job

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 08:14 - Sep 7 with 5500 viewsThreeLions

Oldham and Stockport
Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 08:35 - Sep 7 with 5481 viewsTVOS1907

Genuine Question for Dale Fans on 07:38 - Sep 7 by PDIDDY

Still don't get the hate? Since I've stopped drinkin, moved to Scotland and found Christianity my life is great

A Christian wouldn't tell lies.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024