Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
400 free tickets 11:43 - Nov 22 with 20495 viewsBravoJack

For the Valencia home fixture gone to DVLA staff
400 free tickets on 10:09 - Nov 24 with 2304 viewsexiledclaseboy

400 free tickets on 10:03 - Nov 24 by Uxbridge

Think yourself lucky us taxpayers are even employing you!

Do you reckon the DVLA paid for these tickets or is it a payoff for cancelling a few driving offences?

I'm loathe to point this out but the big building in Clase has no power to dish out or remove points off anyone's driving licence. They simply add them on when told to by the courts.

As to whether someone paid for them, I neither know nor care.

Poll: Tory leader

400 free tickets on 10:33 - Nov 24 with 2250 viewsbermudajack

400 free tickets on 10:09 - Nov 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'm loathe to point this out but the big building in Clase has no power to dish out or remove points off anyone's driving licence. They simply add them on when told to by the courts.

As to whether someone paid for them, I neither know nor care.

Wouldn't this have been a lovely gesture to give a hospitality " thank you day" to the loyal fans who turfed out hard earned money from their bank accounts on a monthly basis to keep the club going during the dark days of Petty?

Just a thought like...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

400 free tickets (n/t) on 10:34 - Nov 24 with 2246 viewsdgt73

400 free tickets on 10:33 - Nov 24 by bermudajack

Wouldn't this have been a lovely gesture to give a hospitality " thank you day" to the loyal fans who turfed out hard earned money from their bank accounts on a monthly basis to keep the club going during the dark days of Petty?

Just a thought like...

Ffs that was over 10 years ago.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 10:35]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

400 free tickets (n/t) on 10:39 - Nov 24 with 2235 viewsbermudajack

400 free tickets (n/t) on 10:34 - Nov 24 by dgt73

Ffs that was over 10 years ago.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2013 10:35]

Yes,

10 years ago, which helped build the foundations of today's successes :-)

I often wonder how many fans actually did this? 100's, 1000's ???

Dark times indeed, these people at least deserve some sort of recognition don't you think?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

400 free tickets on 11:41 - Nov 24 with 2188 viewsBig_Phil

Not sure if it's been posted before, but the club have also done some deals with local schools for Thursday.

I'll get stacks of abuse I know but if it's a choice between 400 spare seats and 400 to the DVLA then I'm all for the latter...even if 10% get hooked it makes good commercial sense.

And yes,I bought the 3 game package....life is a bitch sometimes but move on shall we boys

I'm no great fan of Mr DIneen but I can sort of see why the club have done this if the tickets were not shifting
400 free tickets on 11:50 - Nov 24 with 2177 viewsUxbridge

400 free tickets on 11:41 - Nov 24 by Big_Phil

Not sure if it's been posted before, but the club have also done some deals with local schools for Thursday.

I'll get stacks of abuse I know but if it's a choice between 400 spare seats and 400 to the DVLA then I'm all for the latter...even if 10% get hooked it makes good commercial sense.

And yes,I bought the 3 game package....life is a bitch sometimes but move on shall we boys

I'm no great fan of Mr DIneen but I can sort of see why the club have done this if the tickets were not shifting

The deals for schools were discounted not free tickets. No issue with giving away spare tickets but it's an awful choice of recipient.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

400 free tickets on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 2139 viewsShins

My younger son, who's still in school, proudly bought the three game package out of his pocket money and savings relishing the thought of watching his local League club playing in such an esteemed competition.

Now that he's seen how his local League Club treat new/borderline/plastic fans he's back supporting Man Utd.
Pity because I've been taking him down the Vetch since 2001 and his older brother, sister and I am ST holders.

Premier League on the field, Sunday League off it... or is that insulting to Sunday League clubs?

#ISTAYFORTHE90

400 free tickets on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 2126 viewsEuropaJack

400 free tickets on 12:26 - Nov 24 by Shins

My younger son, who's still in school, proudly bought the three game package out of his pocket money and savings relishing the thought of watching his local League club playing in such an esteemed competition.

Now that he's seen how his local League Club treat new/borderline/plastic fans he's back supporting Man Utd.
Pity because I've been taking him down the Vetch since 2001 and his older brother, sister and I am ST holders.

Premier League on the field, Sunday League off it... or is that insulting to Sunday League clubs?

How old is your son?

Blog: Diplomatic - But Time To Bin International Friendlies

Login to get fewer ads

400 free tickets on 12:38 - Nov 24 with 2109 viewsShins

400 free tickets on 12:33 - Nov 24 by EuropaJack

How old is your son?

He's 17.
Just said 'fcuk them'... his words, not mine.

Perhaps these freebies should have been kept quiet. It was bad enough that the Club changed the Ts & Cs after many had bought the original package without this sort of thing being banded about.
Those who come on here announcing such things should shut the fcuk up and stop rubbing people's faces in it.
Just a thought ;)

#ISTAYFORTHE90

400 free tickets on 19:13 - Nov 24 with 1989 viewsouttolunch

400 free tickets on 11:41 - Nov 24 by Big_Phil

Im lost here. What has it to do with dineen ? He was brought up because he didnt answer a tweet. I doubt he has done this. If there are free tickets being given out it will be a board thing not an idividual. After all these years some still dont understand how this club is run. The board make this sort if descision not one person
400 free tickets on 19:18 - Nov 24 with 1972 viewsEuropaJack

400 free tickets on 19:13 - Nov 24 by outtolunch

Im lost here. What has it to do with dineen ? He was brought up because he didnt answer a tweet. I doubt he has done this. If there are free tickets being given out it will be a board thing not an idividual. After all these years some still dont understand how this club is run. The board make this sort if descision not one person

you tell em Leigh

400 free tickets on 19:19 - Nov 24 with 1968 viewsNeath_Jack

I'll go £2.50 each way, you are Huw Cooze or Leigh Dineen.

Kerching.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

400 free tickets on 19:21 - Nov 24 with 1960 viewsexiledclaseboy

400 free tickets on 19:19 - Nov 24 by Neath_Jack

I'll go £2.50 each way, you are Huw Cooze or Leigh Dineen.

Kerching.

Definitely one or the other. My money's on it being Mr Dineen.

400 free tickets on 19:22 - Nov 24 with 1954 viewsNeath_Jack

400 free tickets on 19:21 - Nov 24 by exiledclaseboy

Aye, had my suspicions after he made a comment after something i posted up about "jobs for the boys" in one of these threads.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

400 free tickets on 19:27 - Nov 24 with 1938 viewsEuropaJack

400 free tickets on 19:21 - Nov 24 by exiledclaseboy

It wont be cooze its dineen - this reply earlier in the thread

A little bit of an exaggeration don't you think ? Just checked and he has tweeted twice today. Does he have to reply to every tweet btw ?
Personally i would be asking our Supporter director.

gave it away

makes you wonder if it was the supporter directors idea that maybe dineen didnt agree with?

400 free tickets on 19:29 - Nov 24 with 1928 viewsDr_Winston

It's kinda sad really. Awful lot of good will being pissed against the wall lately.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

400 free tickets on 19:47 - Nov 24 with 1892 viewsChief

The biggest European game in our history and we cant sell out (even at discounted prices) - DISGRACEFUL

The loyal fans who are going bought tickets weeks ago had to actually pay while others (who cant be proper swans fans anyway, otherwise they would already have bought tickets for this game) get them for free - DISGRACEFUL

I'm all for trying to increase the fan base, but if adults no matter where they were work in the Swansea area haven't been bitten by the swans bug yet and aren't already buying tickets, the sad basterds certainly wont now. these free tickets are surely going to be taken up by people going to watch Valencia, not Swansea City.

Ridiculous decision by the club.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

400 free tickets on 19:53 - Nov 24 with 1877 viewsmonmouth

I'm all in favour of supporting charities. That's what the DVLA is isn't it? A charity giving jobs to folk that would have no chance of getting one anywhere else?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

400 free tickets on 19:55 - Nov 24 with 1870 viewsexiledclaseboy

400 free tickets on 19:53 - Nov 24 by monmouth

I'm all in favour of supporting charities. That's what the DVLA is isn't it? A charity giving jobs to folk that would have no chance of getting one anywhere else?

Oof. A blow to the solar plexus.

400 free tickets on 21:59 - Nov 24 with 1771 viewsScoobyWho

400 free tickets on 10:33 - Nov 24 by bermudajack

Just a thought like...

How would they determine the rightful recipients ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

400 free tickets on 22:08 - Nov 24 with 1744 viewsDarran

400 free tickets on 21:59 - Nov 24 by ScoobyWho

How would they determine the rightful recipients ?

If I had my way I'd get a charitable organisation like Oxfam or Ty Hafan that kind of thing to distribute them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

400 free tickets on 22:32 - Nov 24 with 1710 viewsraynor94

400 free tickets on 12:26 - Nov 24 by Shins

If he's been put off by something as trivial this, in all honesty he's no great loss, at least you know what to get him for christmas...

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

400 free tickets on 22:50 - Nov 24 with 1684 viewsSwanjaxs

Dineen is a board member is he not? Dineen is on twitter is he not? So do you not think "tweeting" Dineen for an explanation is not an obvious alternative ?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

400 free tickets on 09:03 - Nov 25 with 1602 viewsmonmouth

400 free tickets on 22:50 - Nov 24 by Swanjaxs

Dineen is a board member is he not? Dineen is on twitter is he not? So do you not think "tweeting" Dineen for an explanation is not an obvious alternative ?

Isn't he also a paid 'commercial director' these days? In which case he may have a passing opinion on commercial matters.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

400 free tickets on 09:10 - Nov 25 with 1592 viewsUxbridge

400 free tickets on 09:03 - Nov 25 by monmouth

Isn't he also a paid 'commercial director' these days? In which case he may have a passing opinion on commercial matters.....

Ticketing is under LD's area of responsibility. Well I assume so given he answered all ticketing questions at the Fans Forum and in the absence of any official announcement from the club that he's now a salaried member of staff (relying on the Trust's minutes here).

The thing with social media is you can't just ignore the questions you don't like and answer things that shine you in a good light. I'm far more interested in things like this than whatever Ian Beale thinks this week.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024