Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graffiti! Where's it gone? 02:09 - Dec 12 with 4782 viewsPunteR

Must be all the cctv. Good or bad i like it as an art form. I hate the way Banksy has hijacked the notoriety though. The Hammersmith and city line had loads of graffiti. A sub culture that wont be seen again like it was in the 80's and 90;s. QPR was always sprayed somewhere.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 06:37 - Dec 12 with 2950 viewsloftboy

Sorry disagree, it looks appalling.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 06:49 - Dec 12 with 2943 viewsRs_Holy

one of the few disappointments from my holiday in Italy... Its everywhere including churches!
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 07:45 - Dec 12 with 2909 viewsstumbleandfall

Gone mainstream. All street artists now make their work for galleries to make thousands on each release. Very lucrative business. You only have to see the trade and mark ups on eBay to see this.

I can talk though. Got some pieces at home I'm very proud of.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 07:49 - Dec 12 with 2903 viewsstuabd

Galleries are the best place for it.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 08:12 - Dec 12 with 2877 viewsstumbleandfall

Two of the best still doing amazing street art are Roa and Conor Harrington. There stuff is amazing.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 08:46 - Dec 12 with 2852 viewsMrSheen

It's all on people's bodies now. Amazing, they even get paid for it.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 08:59 - Dec 12 with 2837 viewsMonahoop

I like street art when its done properly and in the right place and have admired much of Banksey's works and those from some other street artists. What I really hate though are the needless childish scribblings, signatures and abusive messages scrawled over anything especially historic places. It's vandalism pure and simple. I also object to large threatening political murals, the type of nonsense unique to parts of NI. These are supposed to be tourist attractions now according to the NI Tourist Board!! I don't think so.

I remember reading somewhere that there were only half a dozen regular 'artists' decorating the New York subway. Is this true?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:11 - Dec 12 with 2816 viewsBluce_Ree

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 08:46 - Dec 12 by MrSheen

It's all on people's bodies now. Amazing, they even get paid for it.

Yeah this is true and it's a good thing. Y'see for every decent piece of graffiti there's a hundred rubbish tags that mean nothing. Luckily these pricks have taken to graffiti-ing themselves with rubbish neck and hand tattoos, which is much better.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:12 - Dec 12 with 2816 viewsBasingstokeR

I thought in Italy, they had respected most of the monuments and tourist attractions themselves, whereas places like tran stations etc are absolutely caked in the stuff. And caked in the lowest common denominator tags rather than artworks.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:17 - Dec 12 with 2811 viewsRangerJim

Spent a morning in Wynwood, Miami on the first leg of my honeymoon earlier this year.

Amazing place. Got some great photos. Some huge murals & cool street art.

Recommend it if you are ever in downtown
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:35 - Dec 12 with 2785 viewsCiderwithRsie

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:17 - Dec 12 by RangerJim

Spent a morning in Wynwood, Miami on the first leg of my honeymoon earlier this year.

Amazing place. Got some great photos. Some huge murals & cool street art.

Recommend it if you are ever in downtown

Street art is fine. 99% of graffiti doesn't qualify - its just ugly scribbling, half of it is intended to insult and the other half is just scrawling a name. It's no different to a tom cat pissing on the wall. Tagging was also part of turf wars between gangs.

I used to live in a terrace where the end of terrace house was graffiti'd all over the end wall. The owners used to repaint it whenever they could manage only to have it scrawled over within hours. None of it was art in any way, just swear words and pathetic boasting nicknames.

Its a complete lack of respect for other people's property an the environment they have to live in.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:37 - Dec 12 with 2776 viewssmegma

Maybe the graffiti vandals have grown up. Or are someones bitch on A wing in Wormwood Scrubs.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:42 - Dec 12 with 2775 viewsultramagnetic

I love good graf all part of the hip hop culture not the tagging but real graf.

Hate Banksy he is not real graf artist, team robbo for me.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:49 - Dec 12 with 2766 viewsTheBlob

Someone's made a fortune out of spray paint cans.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:51 - Dec 12 with 2761 viewssmegma

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:42 - Dec 12 by ultramagnetic

I love good graf all part of the hip hop culture not the tagging but real graf.

Hate Banksy he is not real graf artist, team robbo for me.

'graf' has been around well before hip hop was invented so shouldn't it be the other way round ??
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:57 - Dec 12 with 2756 viewsloftboy

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 09:35 - Dec 12 by CiderwithRsie

Street art is fine. 99% of graffiti doesn't qualify - its just ugly scribbling, half of it is intended to insult and the other half is just scrawling a name. It's no different to a tom cat pissing on the wall. Tagging was also part of turf wars between gangs.

I used to live in a terrace where the end of terrace house was graffiti'd all over the end wall. The owners used to repaint it whenever they could manage only to have it scrawled over within hours. None of it was art in any way, just swear words and pathetic boasting nicknames.

Its a complete lack of respect for other people's property an the environment they have to live in.

This +1

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 10:33 - Dec 12 with 2731 viewsPommyhoop

Old Skool..

Modern meets Old Skool

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 11:48 - Dec 12 with 2668 viewsgueRRilla

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 12:02 - Dec 12 with 2649 viewspaulparker

Always remember seeing QPR 6 Chelsea 0
On the wall outside the master brewer on the western ave
It was there for years

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 12:03 - Dec 12 with 2647 viewsQPunkR

I also like street art, and also spray my own t-shirts from time to time. Just got back from Warsaw this morning and the entire city (apart from most monuments) is covered with graf. Football stuff in the main, and almost exclusively Legia tags. But there are still quite a few Polonia signs up, even though the club hardly exists in any form any more

QPR - "shit but local"

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 12:24 - Dec 12 with 2626 viewswillis1980

graf is still alive and kicking, its just the nature of it that has changed slightly. the authorities have chosen to prioritising buffing graffiti rather than spending money on more pressing matters. if you look at germany the systems are littered with graf yet public transport doesnt suffer and works a lot better than it does here.

street art and graffiti are two very different creatures, its like lumping football and rugby together. street art is generally done by limp wristed art students etc who at the age of 25 decided they need a subculture to join and learn all they need from the internet.

Banksy and Obey are not graf writers they are street art numpties that pay others to do their artwork illegally and then collect both the cache and money off the backs of people who put their liberty at risk for them in return for a minimal fee.

As for tagging on churches etc, 99.9% of graf writers wouldnt do this as its frowned upon, the same way most qpr fans didnt rock up to goodison with a tool intending to stab a scouser. youll probably find those tags that are on churches are by average joes that decided to write juventus or scrawl ganja leaves on something, these are not graffiti writers.

Personally I dont care if people dislike graffiti as youll find graffiti isnt their to seek approval or please joe bloggs. the majority of people ive encountered have seen its merit and have pointed out its pitfalls, however, at times are probably just as anti social as the graffiti writers they berate.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 17:08 - Dec 13 with 2503 viewsBrazilNutR

The graffiti scene in Brazil, or Sao Paulo is definately strong at the moment.

I have a blog about street art, both in and out of galleries...

<a href=" WWW." target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">http://www.jacktwo.com/">WWW. JACKTWO.COM</a>.

I love it, think its much needed in a city like Sao Paulo.. If your interested in Street art and coming to Sao Paulo, then keep an eye on the blog for tips and shows..
[Post edited 13 Dec 2013 17:13]
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 17:17 - Dec 13 with 2492 viewsPeterHucker

anyone remember "Staying up with Pigeon Gerry" stuff that appeared around W12 near the end of the 98/99 season (round the same time as the 6-0 v Palace win).

Also quality piece of chalk graffiti on the wall opposite the H&C line tube when we had the promotion party in 2004. Got a photo of that somewhere, will try and put it up here later.
Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 23:48 - Dec 13 with 2443 viewsPunteR

I grew up with graffiti around me and i knew a few writers/artists. A lot of it was vandalism and it caused lots of damage. I appreciate that more now that i'm older.
I'm a fan of good graffiti . Its a shame that quite a few young lads have died for that art form. Its strange that people accept Banksy as an artist but think all the other graffiti is unacceptable vandalism. To me its the same thing.
Most of it seems to have gone now anyway. Legal street art has taken over,and thats not a bad thing.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Graffiti! Where's it gone? on 16:27 - Jan 10 with 2365 viewsBrazilNutR

An art suggestion for you London based R's...

http://www.jacktwo.com/saber
[Post edited 10 Jan 2014 16:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024