Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Assou-Ekotto 19:13 - Dec 21 with 8951 viewsRisborough_r

Had a mare today. . . and to confront Charlie the way he did after fluffing his cross was outrageous

So many times today his crosses and passing were very poor. Is he expecting an imminent call from Spuds?
Assou-Ekotto on 04:28 - Dec 22 with 1854 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Assou-Ekotto on 02:46 - Dec 22 by Trom

Longbottom you are mental!

Fuk me, the chuckle brothers have turned up tooooonight

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Assou-Ekotto on 07:22 - Dec 22 with 1828 viewsdaveB

I thought he did ok yesterday, not sure what people expect.

I don't get the moans about sideways or backwards passing either, if there is no other option it's better to keep the ball than just hoof it
Assou-Ekotto on 13:29 - Dec 22 with 1755 viewslongbottom

Yes I'm mental. It's what comes of watching this club for 52 Years. So maybe I know nothing about football.
Oh and maybe I didn't see Ekotto get skinned and resort to pushing the winger over. A real touch of class that.
Assou-Ekotto on 13:42 - Dec 22 with 1745 viewsNeil_SI

He didn't have the best of matches, but he needed a game like that where he got tested a bit more than normal. We know he can be a bit too casual sometimes, so maybe this will help him focus a bit more in the future.

Those are the sort of games where you learn what you need to learn about your players. I think the match made it obvious that there's still a fair bit of work to be done in terms of style of play and application in certain areas of the pitch. Leicester had more balance to theirs and played more to their own strengths.
Assou-Ekotto on 14:43 - Dec 22 with 1707 viewsstansleftfoot

Style of Play.....There is no movement off the ball ahead of the midfield so the player on the ball is always taking the foot off the gas and making a neutral pass. Because the back four are so deep the play is taking place over far too big a pitch.
The midfield never get past Austin, Austin is always marked by two, if not three players.
Having got possession and passed it, often 15 times, it then goes long into the channel or Barton will try the fantasy ball.
Barton and Carroll are not good enough to dominate games when they are 50 yards away from our only striker.
Policy for any side is to concede the midfield and let QPR fxck about endlessly in front of a back six and then hit us on the break. Worse teams than Leicester have tried this and nearly caught us, the better sides will get results with it.
Our Mackie goal that beat Liverpool is the goal that beats us.
Austin needs one of the midfield 5 to play off or near him, Phillips is a natural to do this, he's big and strong and is effective as what, do to my age, call an inside forward.
A Striker on the bench would give us a chance of changing things but 442 is not necessarily the answer.
The attraction to Tom Carroll, in spite of his failings, is that he is constantly trying to make himself available and he will move the ball on quickly.
We know that the German international team are trying to move the ball on in less than or around one second having achieved a mind boggling 2 seconds or less.
This is only possible because of choice and movement off the ball....QPR don't have that....it's for this reason BAE looks uncommited in the last third, he can't see any options ahead.
Yesterday through his frustration he took a shot from 40 yards stright into a midfield player...his imagination and positivity just failed him, he subsequently did his cross that caused the Austin response....
Get a striker but we need more movement off the ball and we need players to get alongside Austin...he is doing all the work.
I think we have got better, but that maybe just because Blackpool and Leicester just upped the anti by being more proactive in thinking they could get a result....there's now about six clubs we have to play who all have the same ambition, we do need to raise our game.
Austin, I think, does have fitness problems, he's not quick and he is looking a little jaded, he has the heart of a lion, and was literally a toes distance from getting a couple yesterday...
I kinda hope that Danny Rose and Naughton are enough for Spurs at full back for Steve Sherwood...and Danny Rose makes Spuds goal at Southampton to go 2-1 up...
Assou-Ekotto on 15:17 - Dec 22 with 1685 viewsbosh67

Assou-Ekotto on 20:19 - Dec 21 by Landofoz89

I have not seen a left back of his quality, grace the hallowed turf of LR for many a year. He twists and turns the opposition with so little effort.
I am in agreement that the petulance that he showed us, and the millions of tv viewers, does not become him.
No way can he be blamed for the defeat. Although, there may be some dressing room tension that overspilled onto the pitch. I'm sure the management will sort it out over the next few days.

This. Got caught once for pace in the second half and ended up winning the ball back. That's how bad he was. Silly to lose it with a team mate. Simpson lost it totally with Phillips in the first half as well. I prefer to see passion out there and frustration than the couldn't give a f*ck attitude we saw last season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Assou-Ekotto on 15:40 - Dec 22 with 1657 viewsQPunkR

Assou-Ekotto on 20:35 - Dec 21 by ItalianR

That's a bit of an overreaction, isn't it? he's been great all season, and if you don't want to see him anymore because of that, what should we all think of I-came-to-QPR-for-money-bigget-mistake-of-my-life, nowadays known as the king of LR, mr Joey Barton?
Personally I think BAE is class, Barton is exactly at the level he deserves to be, only at the wrong club.

This, this, and thrice this

QPR - "shit but local"

Assou-Ekotto on 15:50 - Dec 22 with 1648 viewskensalriser

Agree with that Bosh. It's good to see that this team doesn't like losing. Austin threw a strop at BAE and clearly shouted F-Off at him. Funny to think that if Taarabt had done something similar he'd be getting slaughtered for it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Assou-Ekotto on 21:08 - Dec 22 with 1563 viewsSussexCityR

Sometimes teams are built by going through "tensions" Pulls a team together in the end as it gets all the "tension" out of the way. Maybe we saw some of that. BAE is a player who has played at the highest level and probably demands more of his colleagues. Nothing wrong with that.......
Assou-Ekotto on 21:14 - Dec 22 with 1551 viewsgobbles

Assou-Ekotto is our best player. Austin should get a better strike rate before he starts telling his team-mates to F off
Assou-Ekotto on 21:16 - Dec 22 with 1547 viewsYorkRanger

Assou-Ekotto on 15:17 - Dec 22 by bosh67

This. Got caught once for pace in the second half and ended up winning the ball back. That's how bad he was. Silly to lose it with a team mate. Simpson lost it totally with Phillips in the first half as well. I prefer to see passion out there and frustration than the couldn't give a f*ck attitude we saw last season.

Agree with this
Assou-Ekotto on 22:02 - Dec 22 with 1509 viewsAntti_Heinola

Assou-Ekotto on 21:14 - Dec 22 by gobbles

Assou-Ekotto is our best player. Austin should get a better strike rate before he starts telling his team-mates to F off

Benny booted a cross at him when a simple pass would have brought a goal. Austin's been our most important player all season. Once Benny provides a single assist, perhaps then he'll have a right to argue back.

Besides, all this talk about Benny being the best LB in years... sorry, he's no Gino ;)

Bare bones.

Assou-Ekotto on 22:21 - Dec 22 with 1487 viewsPunteR

Great player,with a bit of swagger. He always looks up to pass.Not his best game against Leicester though. Good to see him not letting Charlie Austin get to big for his boots.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Assou-Ekotto on 23:10 - Dec 22 with 1458 viewsgobbles

Assou-Ekotto on 22:02 - Dec 22 by Antti_Heinola

Benny booted a cross at him when a simple pass would have brought a goal. Austin's been our most important player all season. Once Benny provides a single assist, perhaps then he'll have a right to argue back.

Besides, all this talk about Benny being the best LB in years... sorry, he's no Gino ;)

I don't agree with all this Austin love. Maybe the formations haven't helped him, but we haven't scored enough goals this season and he normally gets 2-3 good chances a game. He reminds me of Rob Steiner
Assou-Ekotto on 23:36 - Dec 22 with 1442 viewsactonman

As good as benny is, he frustrated the fcuk out of me Saturday !
1st half, the amount of space he had going forward but always stopped about half way and passed the ball into the most crowded part of the pitch.

Get down the line and cross the ball FFS !
Assou-Ekotto on 00:07 - Dec 23 with 1394 viewsRangersAreBack

If he is making a bee-line for White Hart Lane then I suggest he puts in some performances to get noticed. He's not going to be rushed back with performances like that.
Assou-Ekotto on 00:34 - Dec 23 with 1379 viewsHunterhoop

You can't be serious?!

I know you enjoy being contrary, presumably because you like to think you it shows how your analysis is so much more intelligent than the majority of fans, whereas you're a professional (journo).

I used to enjoy your posts but you've gone a bit weird, well, egotistical, in the last year.

Austin was completely within his rights to have a pop. BAE f*cked up. Everyone could see that, so don't dispute that. BAE's reaction was completely over the top and unnecessary. It was childish.

To your other point, Austin has been superb for us. To say otherwise is risible. He's a genuine all round CF who works his socks off and who has delivered. BAE, whilst clearly talented, has done what's expected of him and little more. And yesterday he was not very good.
Assou-Ekotto on 01:01 - Dec 23 with 1374 viewsgobbles

Assou-Ekotto on 00:34 - Dec 23 by Hunterhoop

You can't be serious?!

I know you enjoy being contrary, presumably because you like to think you it shows how your analysis is so much more intelligent than the majority of fans, whereas you're a professional (journo).

I used to enjoy your posts but you've gone a bit weird, well, egotistical, in the last year.

Austin was completely within his rights to have a pop. BAE f*cked up. Everyone could see that, so don't dispute that. BAE's reaction was completely over the top and unnecessary. It was childish.

To your other point, Austin has been superb for us. To say otherwise is risible. He's a genuine all round CF who works his socks off and who has delivered. BAE, whilst clearly talented, has done what's expected of him and little more. And yesterday he was not very good.

So I don't agree with you because of my ego? Yeah, right.
Maybe I am just allowed to give my own opinion.
What I'm a bit tired of is the torrents of abuse aimed at every player at our club that has dared to come from a Premier League club or, God forbid, played international football.
As for Austin, I notice he has the ninth highest average rating on this website this season, so I guess most don't believe he is carrying this team
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 1:08]
Assou-Ekotto on 01:18 - Dec 23 with 1358 viewsTrom

Assou-Ekotto on 13:29 - Dec 22 by longbottom

Yes I'm mental. It's what comes of watching this club for 52 Years. So maybe I know nothing about football.
Oh and maybe I didn't see Ekotto get skinned and resort to pushing the winger over. A real touch of class that.

Yes calling you mental was a touch over the top. But he's just quality and makes it look so easy. Yes Saturday wasn't his best but to call for him to be dropped is extreme. One of the best players in that position that we've seen for many a year (my season ticket only goes bak 24 years not your 52). BAE has been a highlight form me.
Assou-Ekotto on 08:43 - Dec 23 with 1317 viewsJonDoeman

It was the performance & 'don't give a fck' attitude of a man who knew he wasn't long for this parish. Good riddance.

It Is What It Is !!

Assou-Ekotto on 08:50 - Dec 23 with 1310 viewssimmo

There are some right bell end comments on this thread.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Assou-Ekotto on 09:49 - Dec 23 with 1275 viewsHunterhoop

Assou-Ekotto on 01:01 - Dec 23 by gobbles

So I don't agree with you because of my ego? Yeah, right.
Maybe I am just allowed to give my own opinion.
What I'm a bit tired of is the torrents of abuse aimed at every player at our club that has dared to come from a Premier League club or, God forbid, played international football.
As for Austin, I notice he has the ninth highest average rating on this website this season, so I guess most don't believe he is carrying this team
[Post edited 23 Dec 2013 1:08]

Nonsense. Grow up.

I hadn't even posted on this thread so how can you be simply disagreeing with me?!

You can't possibly be calling Austin out on that unless you're simply trying to get a rise. You're being contrary because, I can only presume, you enjoy it. All I did was call it out.

Of course we're all allowed opinions, but people posting nonsense clearly intended to put the cat among the pigeons is going to get commented on. Don't post if you don't like it.

I agree with you about the needless "ex-Prem" abuse being thrown at BAE and, to an extent, others. It is frustrating. But BAE is not our best player. And Austin was perfectly entitled to have a rant at him and then, when BAE gave it back, tell him to "F*ck Off". BAE screwed up. Hold your hand up and admit it, don't argue the toss. And then you certainly don't react like he did. It was petulant and childish.
Assou-Ekotto on 10:14 - Dec 23 with 1254 viewsJonDoeman

www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/armand-traore-attitude-football84233

QPR outcast ‘a different person’ — Redknapp

23/12/2013 By David McIntyre

QPR outcast Armand Traore could be set for a recall and has become “a different person” according to Harry Redknapp.

Rangers face the prospect of losing Benoit Assou-Ekotto next month because a clause in his season-long loan deal means he can be called back to Tottenham, where he was frozen out by sacked manager Andre Villas-Boas.

It means Traore — a player Redknapp was keen to get rid of last summer — may soon be needed at left-back.

But the R’s boss is warming to the idea, having noticed a change in Traore since a number of last season’s squad, including his training-ground ally Adel Taarabt, have been shipped out.

“He’s been good — excellent. He’s been a different boy,” Redknapp explained.

“He’s not played, but his attitude around the place has been completely different to what it was last year.

“He’s suddenly with a good group of lads now and so he’s a different person.”

It Is What It Is !!

Assou-Ekotto on 10:23 - Dec 23 with 1242 viewsJamie

Good old Harry.
Assou-Ekotto on 10:31 - Dec 23 with 1228 viewslongbottom

I was sitting twelve feet away from that incident and I never heard Austin tell him to fxxk off.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024