Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bournemouth 23:55 - Jan 21 with 857 viewsSaintNick

Not sure how they beat Brighton but 800 short of capacity tonight, you have to worry about Brighton, they could be the team dragged into it if they are not careful

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bournemouth on 08:17 - Jan 22 with 698 viewsA1079

Anyone could be dragged in this year Nick. Anyone from 8th downwards as the points difference is so small and condensed. All sides are showing the ability to have a little good run and then a poor run. I think you need 40 plus to be certain of avoiding the drop - ultimately it may be less, but to play safe you need to head for 40 plus. Partly the reason Liverpool are so ahead on points is that this year, the whole league with the exception of Liverpool are inconsistent - including Man City.
Bournemouth on 09:53 - Jan 22 with 607 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth on 08:17 - Jan 22 by A1079

Anyone could be dragged in this year Nick. Anyone from 8th downwards as the points difference is so small and condensed. All sides are showing the ability to have a little good run and then a poor run. I think you need 40 plus to be certain of avoiding the drop - ultimately it may be less, but to play safe you need to head for 40 plus. Partly the reason Liverpool are so ahead on points is that this year, the whole league with the exception of Liverpool are inconsistent - including Man City.

I would say that Sheffield United would be more liable to go down than Saints now, they have taken only 4 points from their last 5 Premier League games and are not an in form team, having said that they play Palace, Bournemouth, Brighton, Villa, Norwich and Newcastle in their next 6 games, if they come through that then they will be safe, if they have a run like Bournemouth they could be in trouble.

The league is inconsistent but City and Liverpool arent too far off what they both had a year ago at this stage in terms of points.

City had 56 and Liverpool 61 although this season they have played two games left, Liverpool have run away with it because they dropped only 2 points so far, I don't think any team has done that well before to start a season.

I think that once you get over the 30 points mark you are in the home straight, this time last year we had 23 so we are a lot better off this year, back then Cardiff where 3rd from bottom on 19, so only 4 worse off than Bournemouth are in that position now.

A year ago the bottom two relegated clubs barely got a point after this stage, this year it will be a bit different and that means that the points will be more spread out, I think around 38 maybe 39 will be enough to stay up with as to stay up the bottom three will have to beat the pack above them and that in turn will drag those clubs down.

So two more wins from Saints will see us home along with a few draws, so I would say that the top 13 clubs all of whom have 30 or more points should be safe unless they have a major blip, Burnley culd reach 30 if they win at Man Utd tonight, but if they lose they will be looking over their shoulders again.

Bournemouth on 10:01 - Jan 22 with 595 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

To be honest, we shouldn't be talking about "points for survival", we should be looking at how many we could get on current form. This team seems energised in a way I didn't expect - that loss to Wolves would've carried on to a few more losses last year, but this team seems to have a lot more about them - that was convincing last night.

I hope, but don't expect a result against Liverpool, but then the following 7 fixtures could easily see several wins and draws (no losses), on current form. Having said that you just know that Burnley and Newcastle will be the inevitable terrible matches with no entertainment and 2 losses. It is Saints after all.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Bournemouth on 10:12 - Jan 22 with 584 viewsthis_charming_man

The relegated team went down with 16, 26 and 34 points

Norwich already have more than that and 4 teams are within 3 points or less of 26 already with 14 games to go. Think it'll be a higher than usual tally to stay up this season. More like 38-40. Saints will be fine, we'd need a ridiculously poor run now to not stay up, we should really be looking for a top 10 finish now, once we've got Liverpool out of the way we only have 2more top 6 side and only 4 of the current top 10 to play in our last 13 games.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Bournemouth on 10:15 - Jan 22 with 576 viewsTheMoog

Bournemouth on 10:12 - Jan 22 by this_charming_man

Norwich already have more than that and 4 teams are within 3 points or less of 26 already with 14 games to go. Think it'll be a higher than usual tally to stay up this season. More like 38-40. Saints will be fine, we'd need a ridiculously poor run now to not stay up, we should really be looking for a top 10 finish now, once we've got Liverpool out of the way we only have 2more top 6 side and only 4 of the current top 10 to play in our last 13 games.

The fixture list from here on in is very favourable.

There's even a chance to put the final nail in Bournemouth's coffin in the penultimate match.

Standby to standby

Bournemouth on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 547 viewsSaintNick

Bournemouth on 10:12 - Jan 22 by this_charming_man

Sine we have been back in the Premier League it has mostly been 34/35 points that you have had to beat to stay up, the highest total was the 37 Newcastle got in 2016.

Difference this season is everyone is beating everyone else, I don't think you will need more than 38, but there will be a lot of clubs around that total

Bournemouth on 11:51 - Jan 22 with 496 viewsericofarabia

Bournemouth on 10:40 - Jan 22 by SaintNick

Sine we have been back in the Premier League it has mostly been 34/35 points that you have had to beat to stay up, the highest total was the 37 Newcastle got in 2016.

Difference this season is everyone is beating everyone else, I don't think you will need more than 38, but there will be a lot of clubs around that total

Could be a hell of a cat fight for the last relegation spot ..... but of course the TV Cameras will be at where ever Liverpool are playing even though they will have probably mathmatically won the title in April.
Bournemouth on 12:00 - Jan 22 with 485 viewsthis_charming_man

Bournemouth on 10:40 - Jan 22 by SaintNick

on current form it's going to need 38, teams in 18th and 19th averaging just below a point per game. I wouldn't have thought Bouremouths terrible run or Watfords great run to continue but no reason why either cant pick up a point per game on average. There is not much between any of the bottom half so can see this being the highest points total for relegation for some time.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024