Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict 10:10 - Feb 3 with 818 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/51891/saints-at-liverpoo

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 10:56 - Feb 3 with 759 viewsSonicBoom

Nick you mention the defence in that report and I make you right.

I have been waiting with interest to hear your thoughts on our January transfer business. What do you think?
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 12:15 - Feb 3 with 696 viewsericofarabia

Nick, I don't think KWP will be available for The Cup Match .... loan players can't play against their own team, so we are back to square 1 on the RB situation.

As you said , we gave it a damn good go, and this was noticed by many of the home fans we spoke to afterwards, all very complimentary about our efforts ... easy to be good loers I guess, but even Klopp admitted we could have even won the game!!

I don't want to get complacent, but feel we should be ok on the relegation front, but would like to get the points on the board early doors, no last few weeks of the season nail biting .... for me it's all about The FA Cup now .... would love a trip (or 2 if semi's still played there?) to Wembley .
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:20]
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 12:47 - Feb 3 with 664 viewsSaintNick

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 10:56 - Feb 3 by SonicBoom

Nick you mention the defence in that report and I make you right.

I have been waiting with interest to hear your thoughts on our January transfer business. What do you think?

I think we have gambled that we have enough points to mean that we can pull clear without too much problem and so rather than panic buy a central defender we have kept our money ready for the summer.

There is no doubt that they know we need a central defender in the summer as Yoshida has already gone, we are taking a calculated risk

Problem is we are damned if we do and damned if we dont here

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 12:47 - Feb 3 with 663 viewsSaintNick

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 12:15 - Feb 3 by ericofarabia

Nick, I don't think KWP will be available for The Cup Match .... loan players can't play against their own team, so we are back to square 1 on the RB situation.

As you said , we gave it a damn good go, and this was noticed by many of the home fans we spoke to afterwards, all very complimentary about our efforts ... easy to be good loers I guess, but even Klopp admitted we could have even won the game!!

I don't want to get complacent, but feel we should be ok on the relegation front, but would like to get the points on the board early doors, no last few weeks of the season nail biting .... for me it's all about The FA Cup now .... would love a trip (or 2 if semi's still played there?) to Wembley .
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 12:20]

I did say that it would probably be JWP for Wednesday and that KWP will come in after this game

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:01 - Feb 3 with 647 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 12:47 - Feb 3 by SaintNick

I did say that it would probably be JWP for Wednesday and that KWP will come in after this game

if we can sign a player out of contract called Luke Williams Price between now and the game after we can play JWP, then KWP then LWP

Then we need to get Matt Winston Pierce in......

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:02 - Feb 3 with 647 viewsSonicBoom

I think we have gambled that we have enough points to mean that we can pull clear without too much problem and so rather than panic buy a central defender we have kept our money ready for the summer.

There is no doubt that they know we need a central defender in the summer as Yoshida has already gone, we are taking a calculated risk

Do you think the same applies to the fullbacks because RH had said he wanted extra cover there and got a youngster in, but then let Soares go. (although there were reports that the club offered Soares a new contract).
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:58 - Feb 3 with 613 viewsdarthvader

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:01 - Feb 3 by this_charming_man

if we can sign a player out of contract called Luke Williams Price between now and the game after we can play JWP, then KWP then LWP

After which In the summer go for the
German bloke Niklaus Wolfgang Pohlman to compliment the midfield with his undoubted talents.

Then flogg him to Liverpool because that's what we do
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:00]

keep the faith coyr

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 14:48 - Feb 3 with 583 viewsericofarabia

Sorry Nick, must have misread it due to the heavy scouse accent!!

We couldn't find The Halfway House Pub and gave up after asking directions from about 10 different people in LFC clobber, not one of which came from Liverpool of even UK
Login to get fewer ads

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 14:51 - Feb 3 with 577 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:58 - Feb 3 by darthvader

After which In the summer go for the
German bloke Niklaus Wolfgang Pohlman to compliment the midfield with his undoubted talents.

Then flogg him to Liverpool because that's what we do
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:00]

Oliver Wilson Phillips is an outstanding prospect on our youth team I hear, also does a great karoke version f 1990s hit hold on..

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 14:58 - Feb 3 with 564 viewsBuggalugs

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 13:01 - Feb 3 by this_charming_man

We should be looking to re-sign Bradley Wright-Phillips immediately.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 19:19 - Feb 3 with 478 viewsdirk_doone

You say "we have kept our money ready for the summer" but I predict there won't be any carry over and that only some of the money made from further players sales in the summer will be used to buy replacements. We'll see. I'm obviously a lot more sceptical about our owners than you are.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 19:28 - Feb 3 with 463 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 19:19 - Feb 3 by dirk_doone

You say "we have kept our money ready for the summer" but I predict there won't be any carry over and that only some of the money made from further players sales in the summer will be used to buy replacements. We'll see. I'm obviously a lot more sceptical about our owners than you are.

I don't think you're being sceptical as history tells us that's exactly what will happen.

In 2018 when we were so desperate to pocket the cash we sold Van dijk before the window even opened We were linked with loads of names, Shaw, Walcott, Promes, Mawson, didn't sign anyone but Carillo and were told that we'd get them in the summer.

2019 Ralph said he wanted one new signing, we didn't sign anyone and again were told we were saving our money for a summer overhaul. Last summer we signed 2 players which were funded by sales and the pointless Danso on loan

Not really sure why 2020 will be any different.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 19:29]

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 19:38 - Feb 3 with 448 viewsthis_charming_man

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 14:58 - Feb 3 by Buggalugs

I'll drive him here myself!

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 21:59 - Feb 3 with 382 viewsA1079

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 19:28 - Feb 3 by this_charming_man

I don't think you're being sceptical as history tells us that's exactly what will happen.

In 2018 when we were so desperate to pocket the cash we sold Van dijk before the window even opened We were linked with loads of names, Shaw, Walcott, Promes, Mawson, didn't sign anyone but Carillo and were told that we'd get them in the summer.

2019 Ralph said he wanted one new signing, we didn't sign anyone and again were told we were saving our money for a summer overhaul. Last summer we signed 2 players which were funded by sales and the pointless Danso on loan

Not really sure why 2020 will be any different.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 19:29]

Completely agree TCM. I am sceptical that our approach this summer will be any different to the last few. They may make one signing early to make it look like intent and to encourage season ticket sales and membership renewals but then it will melt away like an ice cream in the heat of the sun.
Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 22:17 - Feb 3 with 364 viewsButty101

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 21:59 - Feb 3 by A1079

Completely agree TCM. I am sceptical that our approach this summer will be any different to the last few. They may make one signing early to make it look like intent and to encourage season ticket sales and membership renewals but then it will melt away like an ice cream in the heat of the sun.

Well the accounts are due in March, with Lander having been in control for a full financial year, they could be interesting. Don’t forget the has made 70mill profit over the previous 2 seasons. And they say everything gets re-invested...

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 07:30 - Feb 4 with 293 viewsdarthvader

Saints At Liverpool The Verdict on 14:58 - Feb 3 by Buggalugs

He will have to be on the bench as we are going for alphabetical follow on signings only in this extraordinary *wp transfer window . So looking for a PWP , to play upfront .

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024