Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happened? 05:22 - Feb 7 with 1433 viewsareasix

The last two games against top 5 predicted teams we played away from home played some of the best football we have played all season stats say we had more goal attempts than the home teams and we let in 7 and scored two goals isn’t football a funny old game ?

I still believe Ralph is so close to have a very good team to challenge 5,6,7 positions next year with around three of four key purchases needed in the summer.
What happened? on 06:37 - Feb 7 with 1393 viewsPatfromPoole

Yeah, and how many will we lose in the summer?

Ings?
Pierre?
Bertrand?
Shane?
Ralph????

If the likes of Chelsea, Spurs or United do not bid for Ings in the summer, I will be amazed.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What happened? on 06:41 - Feb 7 with 1390 viewssaint22

It all depends on if he can keep our best players and sign 4 or 5 good ones
Bertrand may go I think
and as we all know we need 2 CBs, another LB, RB, Cdm and AM
What happened? on 06:42 - Feb 7 with 1388 viewsPatfromPoole

As I said on here a couple of weeks ago, Saints need to qualify for Europe this season to have a strong chance of keeping our top players and our manager.

It’s why not strengthening a wafer-thin squad in January was madness. But entirely in keeping with the “strategy” of Gao, who clearly has no interest in ambition for the football side of the operation.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

What happened? on 07:54 - Feb 7 with 1362 viewsTripleNiemi

What happened? on 06:42 - Feb 7 by PatfromPoole

As I said on here a couple of weeks ago, Saints need to qualify for Europe this season to have a strong chance of keeping our top players and our manager.

It’s why not strengthening a wafer-thin squad in January was madness. But entirely in keeping with the “strategy” of Gao, who clearly has no interest in ambition for the football side of the operation.

Sorry guys but the 'next level' you are aspiring to is not that to whuch the club are.

The days of 'when one of the big six slip up we want to be the team to nick that European spot' are long gone and one of Reed's ambitions.

Even Nick has downgraded us from one of those middle tier clubs now to a low end PL club with a relatively small / medium sized stadium whom spends nothing in the region of say WHU, Everton or Wolves.

We are slowly settling into Equilibrium of the Gao / Kat 'Next Level'.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

What happened? on 08:23 - Feb 7 with 1324 viewsthis_charming_man

as I said many times during our run. It changes nothing in terms of the players long term ability. Stephens hasn’t suddenly become a great defender, he’s an average at best defender playing above his level, which he can’t do forever. We’ve got one reasonable left back, 2 average and 2 crap centre backs and who knows about the right backs. Until that changes to steal one of nicks mantras sometimes we’ll get away with it sometimes we won’t, against the better teams you usually dont

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

What happened? on 08:46 - Feb 7 with 1298 viewsRustyhelmet

What happened? on 06:42 - Feb 7 by PatfromPoole

I wouldn't necessarily say we need to qualify for Europe to keep hold of therm, but we need to show some serious ambition to keep hold of them - spend money on known decent players (we know its extremely unlikely we will attract any proven 'top' players) and stop hedging our bets on young unknowns to prove to the likes of Ings and RH that we WANT to compete. Otherwise i agree, the mass exodus will begin and we will disappear again (which, again, as i have previously stated before wouldn't be a complete shambles; more competitive football, a chance for the deadwood to finally pi55 off and collect wages from another gullible mid level team etc etc)
What happened? on 08:59 - Feb 7 with 1290 viewsSonicBoom

What happened? on 06:41 - Feb 7 by saint22

It all depends on if he can keep our best players and sign 4 or 5 good ones
Bertrand may go I think
and as we all know we need 2 CBs, another LB, RB, Cdm and AM

Which team in the premier league wouldn't be better if they sign 4 or 5 better players. That's nearly half the team.

It's odd about Stephens. Like TCM, I have little faith in him. He always looks like he's about to miss the ball or panic to me and his passing isn't great. Yet, I've seen plenty of comments saying that in the last 8 games he's been brilliant and has changed into the complete centre back. Apparently he should be called up for England.
Personally I'd bin him tomorrow and get in someone reliable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024