Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD 22:32 - May 2 with 1350 viewscocklebreath

On now. If Matty doesn’t win this I’m putting the remote through the telly

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

MOTD on 22:39 - May 2 with 1344 viewskingslandstand1

Well he's on the list and looking at that list, not a lot there to beat him
MOTD on 22:54 - May 2 with 1328 viewsthis_charming_man

It’s a bit of a nonsense list though as it based on the current top six not when they were playing. Speed and Batty won the league with Leeds, Batty also son it with Blackburn, they both played for Newcastle who around thsy time were finishing in the top 4 and playing regular champions league football we well we breaking the world transfer record. If they can be in it why isn’t shearer? He only played for us Blackburn and Newcastle. Also players like kinkladzie were brilliant, played for men city before they were a top team. Obviously I hope Le Tiss wins.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

MOTD on 22:59 - May 2 with 1322 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD on 22:54 - May 2 by this_charming_man

It’s a bit of a nonsense list though as it based on the current top six not when they were playing. Speed and Batty won the league with Leeds, Batty also son it with Blackburn, they both played for Newcastle who around thsy time were finishing in the top 4 and playing regular champions league football we well we breaking the world transfer record. If they can be in it why isn’t shearer? He only played for us Blackburn and Newcastle. Also players like kinkladzie were brilliant, played for men city before they were a top team. Obviously I hope Le Tiss wins.

Agree re the players, but the teams you've mentioned there haven't consistently been in that top echelon
MOTD on 23:00 - May 2 with 1321 viewskingslandstand1

MOTD on 22:54 - May 2 by this_charming_man

Although you could respond that Spurs and Man City have only neen there over the last few years
MOTD on 23:07 - May 2 with 1312 viewsSaintsforeverj

Le Tiss came second with Ian Wright and Shearer in their list. Rediculous I think, giving the number one spot to arrogant Vardy. For a start Vardy won the PL and plays for a team in the top 4. So he hardly comes in the bracket of player never to have played for a top club. And Gary speed in comparison to the beautiful goals Le Tiss scored! Rediculous!
[Post edited 2 May 2020 23:08]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

MOTD on 23:10 - May 2 with 1298 viewsthis_charming_man

MOTD on 23:07 - May 2 by Saintsforeverj

Le Tiss came second with Ian Wright and Shearer in their list. Rediculous I think, giving the number one spot to arrogant Vardy. For a start Vardy won the PL and plays for a team in the top 4. So he hardly comes in the bracket of player never to have played for a top club. And Gary speed in comparison to the beautiful goals Le Tiss scored! Rediculous!

To be fair Speed was a brilliant player, obviously in terms of skill le tiss is miles ahead but for an all round midfielder there are few better then Speed. How Vardu bests him though is surely only due to Linekar being A Leicester fan.matt is miles better.

MOTD on 23:12 - May 2 with 1296 viewsBicester_North

Le Tissier suffers from the Premier League bias, 89/90 in the first division he was young player of the year and scored 20 goals.
Didn’t think Vardy would win but he has done sensationally well I suppose, the horrible weasel

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

MOTD on 23:16 - May 2 with 1292 viewsSaintsforeverj

MOTD on 23:10 - May 2 by this_charming_man

To be fair Speed was a brilliant player, obviously in terms of skill le tiss is miles ahead but for an all round midfielder there are few better then Speed. How Vardu bests him though is surely only due to Linekar being A Leicester fan.matt is miles better.

Yep, Speed was a great player but the story of a world class player staying at "little" Southampton at The Dell for 16 years, scoring the most incredible goals should surely win "best player to have never played for the big 6". Loyal, talented, extraordinary player--I know I'm biased but staying at a smaller club as a world class player is the obvious winner imo.

Giving it to arrogant Vardy when he has already won trophies is a joke. Le Tiss who never won a trophy in his life who is a great character as well as being a fantastic player doesn't win. What a travesty.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 23:29]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

MOTD on 23:18 - May 2 with 1281 viewsA1079

Not that it really matters at all, but is it just me that feels that Alan Shearer has never really shown much praise or admiration for the club where his career started? It is clear that he is and always has been a Newcastle fan through and through and I get that and playing for your boyhood club must be quite something. I guess at the end of the day we were a stepping stone for his career and he is hardly the only one that has used us for that.

I did not agree with Vardy being chosen, but yes Gary Speed was an brilliant all round player. Wrighty gave a good account of Le Tiss I thought, but again, it is just a bit of fun and opinion.
MOTD on 23:24 - May 2 with 1267 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MOTD on 23:18 - May 2 by A1079

Not that it really matters at all, but is it just me that feels that Alan Shearer has never really shown much praise or admiration for the club where his career started? It is clear that he is and always has been a Newcastle fan through and through and I get that and playing for your boyhood club must be quite something. I guess at the end of the day we were a stepping stone for his career and he is hardly the only one that has used us for that.

I did not agree with Vardy being chosen, but yes Gary Speed was an brilliant all round player. Wrighty gave a good account of Le Tiss I thought, but again, it is just a bit of fun and opinion.

Wrong - every week Shearer talks about Saints in a positive way and he does love the club, but he's first and foremost a Geordie, so you can't begrudge him that. He never really talks about Blackburn positively though ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

MOTD on 23:29 - May 2 with 1249 viewsthis_charming_man

MOTD on 23:24 - May 2 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Wrong - every week Shearer talks about Saints in a positive way and he does love the club, but he's first and foremost a Geordie, so you can't begrudge him that. He never really talks about Blackburn positively though ...

He was only truly a first team player for saints for 2-3 years, he had 10 years at Newcastle in the prime of his career so can’t really blame that. I’ve always felt he spoke positively about saints but end of the day he spent most of his career at his home town club who he also supported so no wonder he talks them up more than us.

MOTD on 23:31 - May 2 with 1245 viewsA1079

MOTD on 23:24 - May 2 by Gennaro_Contaldo

That's fair enough Gennaro and happy to be proved wrong, may be I just haven't really picked it up. Good point about Blackburn. No matter what I think really because there is no doubting he has been a great player wherever he has been and for England.
MOTD on 23:40 - May 2 with 1234 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

MOTD on 23:31 - May 2 by A1079

That's fair enough Gennaro and happy to be proved wrong, may be I just haven't really picked it up. Good point about Blackburn. No matter what I think really because there is no doubting he has been a great player wherever he has been and for England.

Plus didn't he marry a woman from Southampton??

Awesome player though, if he was allowed to be in that top 10 list, he'd be number 1 no question.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

MOTD on 23:42 - May 2 with 1230 viewsbattler

MOTD on 23:16 - May 2 by Saintsforeverj

Yep, Speed was a great player but the story of a world class player staying at "little" Southampton at The Dell for 16 years, scoring the most incredible goals should surely win "best player to have never played for the big 6". Loyal, talented, extraordinary player--I know I'm biased but staying at a smaller club as a world class player is the obvious winner imo.

Giving it to arrogant Vardy when he has already won trophies is a joke. Le Tiss who never won a trophy in his life who is a great character as well as being a fantastic player doesn't win. What a travesty.
[Post edited 2 May 2020 23:29]

Of course you are biased , but you are still absolutely correct. Matt was very much the big fish in a very small pond and with due respect to all his team mates over the years, he carried the them all one time or another.
I dont think any of the other players on the list had to play with such mediocre team mates at times as Matt did and he still managed to do the business on so many occasions.
As for Vardy winning, what a croc of sh!te, and as already been mentioned Shearer should of certainly been on the list.
MOTD on 02:05 - May 3 with 1183 views1885_SFC

Vardy won because Lineker, Wright & Shearer were all out-and-out fellow strikers... whereas Matt was an attacking midfielder.

Le Tiss is still the only player I've ever known over many years that I have paid money to watch - just to see him play. I can't say that about anyone else in football... ever.

Old School is Cool

MOTD on 02:36 - May 3 with 1180 viewscocklebreath

Vardy is better than Matty . 😐 tellys broke

MOTD on 07:51 - May 3 with 1113 viewssaint22

MOTD on 23:07 - May 2 by Saintsforeverj

And Vardy is the epitome of all that’s wrong with the modern footballer
MOTD on 14:04 - May 3 with 945 viewscocklebreath

Matty won the public vote. Well done the public you got it right

MOTD on 14:45 - May 3 with 919 viewsSadoldgit

MOTD on 02:05 - May 3 by 1885_SFC

Vardy won because Lineker, Wright & Shearer were all out-and-out fellow strikers... whereas Matt was an attacking midfielder.

Le Tiss is still the only player I've ever known over many years that I have paid money to watch - just to see him play. I can't say that about anyone else in football... ever.

There are a few more on my list of paying to watch them alone, but I know exactly what you mean. In a game at Selhurst Park I remember the ball dropping to him in his own penalty area. He killed it stone dead, beat 2 players with a swivel of his hips, ran the length of the pitch and shaved the far post with a diagonal shot from about 20 yards. I remember thinking at the time that that moment was worth the price of admission on its own. He made the most difficult things look effortless, which is maybe why his genius often gets downplayed. We might not have won a great deal, but we have had some wonderful players over the years and in Matt, one of the Premiership greats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024