Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teachers 10:05 - Jun 15 with 1919 viewsJaySaint

Three months into the pandemic, a UCL study finds 20% of all school children (2 million) are still doing less than an hour of schoolwork a day at home, or none at all.

The average is 2.5 hours. Many well-funded private school kids are doing 6 hours. A generation in regression.

ffs

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Teachers on 10:55 - Jun 15 with 1333 viewsSadoldgit

Not sure that you can blame the teachers more than the parents. Still look on the bright side. Lots more Tory voters in the future. ;)
Teachers on 11:04 - Jun 15 with 1334 viewsVagina_Dentata

Two million people is an horrendously large number and there will be an undeniably large negative impact on them.

Both of you have given reasons why this is happening.

Well funded private schools can afford the technology to do a full day’s zoom timetable or similar. This isn’t viable for many schools, unfortunately.

Most will be receiving work daily, the challenge then is motivation at home. We can incentivise it in lots of ways, but there does have to be some responsibility in this from those at home.

If things are moving forward, then hopefully the government can relax the restrictions it has placed on schools in terms of a covid setup and we can then we come more back to school.

you can drink your weak lemon drink now.

Teachers on 11:07 - Jun 15 with 1331 viewskentsouthampton

The government have had months to make schools a safe place to teach, they have still done nothing and will be in the same place come September.
Teachers on 11:21 - Jun 15 with 1313 viewsSaintsforeverj

This inevitably includes children who are choosing not to work at home (parents can't or won't enforce) , even though they have been given work. We need to get kids back to school, let's start putting up marquees, employ some extra adults and get kids back. Unfortunately, the government is being very cautious in only allowing certain year groups back and then saying that each class can only have up to 15. When most classes are over 30, you need more space. Again no guidance on this, no extra rooms and no extra adults.

Some kids are at home, some are at school. it's chaotic.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 11:24]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Teachers on 12:45 - Jun 15 with 1249 viewsBoris_

Teachers on 11:07 - Jun 15 by kentsouthampton

The government have had months to make schools a safe place to teach, they have still done nothing and will be in the same place come September.

Considering every school is different, don't you think that perhaps some responsibility lies on the actual teachers?

I could spend half a day in any Primary School in Romsey and have them open to all year groups at least 3 days a week by the start of next week whilst following social distancing.

It's not difficult, if you have a 'can do' attitude instead of a 'rather not' .

Poll: Claude Puel

Teachers on 12:46 - Jun 15 with 1250 viewsVagina_Dentata

Teachers on 12:45 - Jun 15 by Boris_

Considering every school is different, don't you think that perhaps some responsibility lies on the actual teachers?

I could spend half a day in any Primary School in Romsey and have them open to all year groups at least 3 days a week by the start of next week whilst following social distancing.

Government says no rota systems.

Teachers on 12:49 - Jun 15 with 1242 viewsBoris_

Teachers on 12:46 - Jun 15 by Vagina_Dentata

Government says no rota systems.

Well that is f*cking stupid of them then.

OK, I could get another 2 years at least back to school then.

Teachers on 12:51 - Jun 15 with 1240 viewsVagina_Dentata

Teachers on 12:49 - Jun 15 by Boris_

All bar one of our classrooms are currently in use.
This is roughly the same across the area I teach. I obviously couldn’t say for certain, but I’d imagine the situation is similar across the country.

I don’t know if the rules and the space issue are the same for secondaries.

Login to get fewer ads

Teachers on 12:52 - Jun 15 with 1239 viewsinthebox

The kids are getting plenty of work, this gives parents who can be bothered the chance to give their own kids some one to one attention which they won't get at school. Private schools are always at an advantage so there's nothing new there. This will give the government a chance to blame the teachers instead of dealing with their own failures, 60,000 dead and counting what a f*cking mess.
Teachers on 12:54 - Jun 15 with 1236 viewsBazza

Teachers on 12:52 - Jun 15 by inthebox

The kids are getting plenty of work, this gives parents who can be bothered the chance to give their own kids some one to one attention which they won't get at school. Private schools are always at an advantage so there's nothing new there. This will give the government a chance to blame the teachers instead of dealing with their own failures, 60,000 dead and counting what a f*cking mess.

Pity you didn't get more school time, or listened a bit more.
Teachers on 12:57 - Jun 15 with 1233 viewsSaintsforeverj

Teachers on 12:49 - Jun 15 by Boris_

Government states that you can't have different year groups in on different days, as that will enable the possible spread of the virus, on equipment, surfaces etc with more people, children, parents coming into contact with each other. So we need more Classrooms and more teachers. That would sort it.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 12:57]

Teachers on 14:41 - Jun 15 with 1143 viewsBoris_

Are they?

What about parents who need to go to work to put food on the table to feed their children? When do you expect them to have the time to do the job of the teachers ( who are still receiving full pay ) ?

Teachers on 14:45 - Jun 15 with 1139 viewsBoris_

Teachers on 12:57 - Jun 15 by Saintsforeverj

Government states that you can't have different year groups in on different days, as that will enable the possible spread of the virus, on equipment, surfaces etc with more people, children, parents coming into contact with each other. So we need more Classrooms and more teachers. That would sort it.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2020 12:57]

That's f*cking ridiculous. Bit of cleaning at the end of the day would get rid of the risk.

But more classrooms is easy enough. Plenty of wedding marquees and temporary buildings sitting around doing nothing. Use the school assembly halls etc.

All the time remembering that 2 kids under the age of 16 have died from this virus with no diagnosed medical conditions. In the same time, 30 kids will have died from Pneumonia.

It is not highly dangerous for kids and still there is no evidence that they are infectious.

Teachers on 14:55 - Jun 15 with 1130 viewsRon11

Teachers on 10:55 - Jun 15 by Sadoldgit

Not sure that you can blame the teachers more than the parents. Still look on the bright side. Lots more Tory voters in the future. ;)

Quoting you elsewhere on this forum - 'Why do you feel it necessary to turn this into another political thread? Don't we have enough already'.
Don't do as I do, do as I say, are you?
Teachers on 14:59 - Jun 15 with 1127 viewsBoris_

Teachers on 14:55 - Jun 15 by Ron11

Quoting you elsewhere on this forum - 'Why do you feel it necessary to turn this into another political thread? Don't we have enough already'.

He's a f*cking bellend, Ron.

Teachers on 16:00 - Jun 15 with 1099 viewskentsouthampton

Teachers on 12:45 - Jun 15 by Boris_

Doesn't work like that, if they did it off their own bat they'd be legally liable for anything that went wrong.
Teachers on 16:05 - Jun 15 with 1093 viewscocklebreath

You do realise that some parents work from home, it’s not easy trying to teach 2 kids whilst having to do work calls like my wife is currently doing. The kids need to go back, Sod the 2 metre rule.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Teachers on 16:22 - Jun 15 with 1079 viewsSaintsforeverj

Teachers on 14:45 - Jun 15 by Boris_

That's f*cking ridiculous. Bit of cleaning at the end of the day would get rid of the risk.

But more classrooms is easy enough. Plenty of wedding marquees and temporary buildings sitting around doing nothing. Use the school assembly halls etc.

All the time remembering that 2 kids under the age of 16 have died from this virus with no diagnosed medical conditions. In the same time, 30 kids will have died from Pneumonia.

It is not highly dangerous for kids and still there is no evidence that they are infectious.

So maybe the government should just say, all kids back with no social distancing. It's either that or splitting them all up. If you split them all up you need more rooms, marquees or whatever but then you need more teachers for each room.

The problem is this - the government are asking schools to ensure social distancing with 15 max per room, without providing extra rooms or adults. So a lot a schools can't manage under those restrictions.

Teachers on 16:29 - Jun 15 with 1068 viewsSadoldgit

Teachers on 14:59 - Jun 15 by Boris_

He's a f*cking bellend, Ron.

And you are a right wing, thuggish knuckle dragger.

See, I can call people names too. It’s not big and it’s not clever is it?
Teachers on 16:33 - Jun 15 with 1065 viewsSadoldgit

Teachers on 14:55 - Jun 15 by Ron11

It’s hardly the most full on political comment ever made on a football forum thread is it? But if it really upsets you, I will edit it out.
Teachers on 17:37 - Jun 15 with 1034 viewsBoris_

Teachers on 16:00 - Jun 15 by kentsouthampton

Doesn't work like that, if they did it off their own bat they'd be legally liable for anything that went wrong.

All the excuses, huh...

Teachers on 17:59 - Jun 15 with 1021 viewsthissceptredsaint

No state school child should go back until the private school ones do. It doesn't really matter how much work private school children do, I don't think that's the point of private schools is it.
Teachers on 18:01 - Jun 15 with 1020 viewskentsouthampton

Teachers on 17:37 - Jun 15 by Boris_

All the excuses, huh...

It's not an excuse, it's a fact of life.
Teachers on 18:11 - Jun 15 with 1015 viewscocklebreath

Teachers on 17:59 - Jun 15 by thissceptredsaint

No state school child should go back until the private school ones do. It doesn't really matter how much work private school children do, I don't think that's the point of private schools is it.

Bollox they should go back now, if you can wander round sports direct buying new nike tracksuits then you can go to school

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Teachers on 19:14 - Jun 15 with 987 viewsVagina_Dentata

Please quote your sources in future Jay, especially if you’re just going to copy and paste and pass it off as your own.

Unless you are Tom Newton-Dunn, in which case, fair play for wasting so much time on here and still doing your job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024