Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Villa 19:36 - Sep 13 with 656 viewssaint22

Spending some serious cash, addressing their issues, will it be enough?
Villa on 21:29 - Sep 13 with 594 viewsgreen

To be fair to them it's a good response to surviving on the last day and it looks as though they'll keep Grealish as well. Reckon they'll do okay.
Villa on 13:59 - Sep 14 with 455 viewsTimSaint

Villa on 21:29 - Sep 13 by green

To be fair to them it's a good response to surviving on the last day and it looks as though they'll keep Grealish as well. Reckon they'll do okay.

I was going to ask if they are already spending the Grealish money !!

May be proved wrong, but £28m rising to £33m seems an awful lot to spend on an unproven Championship striker.

We were also linked with Cash, the Forest right back, as a back up if KWP fell through. £15m for an unproved Championship full back seems a bit steep.

£20m on the Arsenal reserve Keeper also seems pricey, but certainly he looks an improvement on what they had in goal last season.

TimSaint

Villa on 11:43 - Sep 15 with 379 viewsTimSaint

Grealish has just signed a new 5 year deal, so it looks like is staying - unless he is doing a VvD.

Big investment from them then and still looking to bring another couple in.

We really need to offload before any more can come in.

TimSaint

Villa on 12:09 - Sep 15 with 367 viewsPatfromPoole

Villa on 13:59 - Sep 14 by TimSaint

I was going to ask if they are already spending the Grealish money !!

May be proved wrong, but £28m rising to £33m seems an awful lot to spend on an unproven Championship striker.

We were also linked with Cash, the Forest right back, as a back up if KWP fell through. £15m for an unproved Championship full back seems a bit steep.

£20m on the Arsenal reserve Keeper also seems pricey, but certainly he looks an improvement on what they had in goal last season.

He’s a decent keeper.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Villa on 12:10 - Sep 15 with 367 viewsDorsetIan

Villa on 11:43 - Sep 15 by TimSaint

Grealish has just signed a new 5 year deal, so it looks like is staying - unless he is doing a VvD.

...but what I bet they haven't got is a self-sustaining business model.

The quiet comfort I get from knowing that we've got that, is worth a thousand times more than any flash-in-the-pan big money signings.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Villa on 12:39 - Sep 15 with 332 viewssolent_toffee

Villa on 11:43 - Sep 15 by TimSaint

I don’t think anyone would be in for him this season, so he may as well sign a new contract. Isn’t Watkins on big wedge, he’d now get parity.

Still think he will be on the move if he has a good season and isn’t a whopper in his personal life.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2020 12:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024