Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! 17:00 - Oct 27 with 1216 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53228/saints-explain-why

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:41 - Oct 27 with 1031 viewsgreen

No doubt this will be reported negatively in the mainstream news but this is a sensible decision to think a bit more carefully about what exactly we're signing up to.
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:54 - Oct 27 with 1019 viewsSaintsforeverj

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:41 - Oct 27 by green

No doubt this will be reported negatively in the mainstream news but this is a sensible decision to think a bit more carefully about what exactly we're signing up to.

Exactly. We could end up being forced to recruit a player and a coach because they are black or Asian, even if they are rubbish. We will have to paint Ings face black and give him balloons to put on his nipples just to keep within the equality targets.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:31 - Oct 28 with 826 viewssaint22

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:41 - Oct 27 by green

Or it’s rather embarrassing that in a time of change we are the ONLY club who disagree this is required
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:43 - Oct 28 with 816 viewsRon11

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:31 - Oct 28 by saint22

Or it’s rather embarrassing that in a time of change we are the ONLY club who disagree this is required

'In 2020 Southampton Football Club achieved the Premier League's advanced equality standard at the first time of asking, the ONLY club to have achieved this to date'.
Your constant high level of negativity must render living near you comparable with Winnie the Pooh having to put up with Eeyore.
Naturally you'll no doubt come up with some fantasist argument that this cannot be possible because A A Milne was a far right nazi because there were no Black Bears in the Hundred Acre Wood.
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:25 - Oct 28 with 791 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:31 - Oct 28 by saint22

If you bothered to read the article you’ll see there is a perfectly valid reason for not signing up to this right away and in fact Saints have a great record in this area.

Knee Jerk or what....

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:26 - Oct 28 with 783 viewssaint22

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:25 - Oct 28 by Chesham_Saint

If you bothered to read the article you’ll see there is a perfectly valid reason for not signing up to this right away and in fact Saints have a great record in this area.

Knee Jerk or what....

I did read it and yes I agree we have a good record in this area and maybe it is right we didn't sign up, but don't you think it a little odd every other club signed up but we didnt?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 9:27]
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:28 - Oct 28 with 784 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:26 - Oct 28 by saint22

I did read it and yes I agree we have a good record in this area and maybe it is right we didn't sign up, but don't you think it a little odd every other club signed up but we didnt?

Nope. Those that sign up to anything like a shot are often paying lip service. It’s good to know SFC are taking a serious issue in a considered way.

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 10:08 - Oct 28 with 761 viewsPoirot

The whole diversity thing being forced is a load of old tosh. You should get a job on merit and qualifications not the colour of your skin.
Login to get fewer ads

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:57 - Oct 28 with 713 viewsSaintNick

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:26 - Oct 28 by saint22

But every other club didn't sign up, yes the 19 Premier League clubs did but what about approximately 50 clubs that also haven't

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 12:07 - Oct 28 with 708 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 10:08 - Oct 28 by Poirot

The whole diversity thing being forced is a load of old tosh. You should get a job on merit and qualifications not the colour of your skin.

True Poroit, but you also have to factor in an element of equality of opportunity.

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 661 viewsPoirot

The club have dropped a clanger here because whoever is doing the PR at the club should have been aware of this 'only club' situation and put out a media brief to highlight their stance before mud was thrown at SFC. I see tryone mings is suggesting, black players wont sign for us because we're not signed up. What a load of nonsense, hes got a chip on his shoulder because we released him at youth level.
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 13:22 - Oct 28 with 658 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 13:20 - Oct 28 by Poirot

The club have dropped a clanger here because whoever is doing the PR at the club should have been aware of this 'only club' situation and put out a media brief to highlight their stance before mud was thrown at SFC. I see tryone mings is suggesting, black players wont sign for us because we're not signed up. What a load of nonsense, hes got a chip on his shoulder because we released him at youth level.

Didn’t he play for Bournemouth as well?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 15:11 - Oct 28 with 623 viewsRednWight

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 13:20 - Oct 28 by Poirot

Or perhaps black players will sign for us because they know we want them to play and not to make up a quota
When will we need a certain amount of gay players ?
Or come to that why stop at skin colour. Hair and eye colour could be included in this bullcrap

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:38 - Oct 28 with 563 viewsPoirot

Not a truer word spoken that this 'quota' actually discrimnates against people becayse they will be known as the token black / asian person.

I got a job at a football club and it ticked a diversity box, how awful
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 17:52 - Oct 28 with 553 viewsSaintsforeverj

No problem. We can drop Ings and Adams to bring in Obafemi and Tella: they are both black. Yoshida can come and be chairman and Guli do Prado can be chief executive. Mary Berry can run the reserve team and Nadiya Hussain can take Ralph's place. Quota achieved and boxes ticked. Although who can be the gay one?
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 17:57]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:35 - Oct 29 with 435 viewsJaySaint

Hold on. Saints are ahead of the game when it comes to 'diversity' in the team.
When we say diversity, we mean black people. Middle/Far Eastern don't get a look in.

Keeper - White. Im sure we could do better here. Must be a mixed race keeper somewhere that we can sign. Regardless of ability

Defence - KwP, Bed, Vest, Berty - 50/50 of not only black and white but English and European. TICK.

Midfield - JwP, Redmond, Rom, Armstrong/Walcott. Tricky one here. JwP is the skipper. Rom does a unique job AND is from the EU. Redmond is black so untouchable. Sorry Stu, subs bench for your (if racially diverse enough). Theo is in

Strikers - Ings & Adams - TICK

One area to improve on. I feel the first 14 players are just too damn English/British and therefore, too racist. SORT IT!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:37]

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:01 - Oct 29 with 419 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 08:35 - Oct 29 by JaySaint

Hold on. Saints are ahead of the game when it comes to 'diversity' in the team.
When we say diversity, we mean black people. Middle/Far Eastern don't get a look in.

Keeper - White. Im sure we could do better here. Must be a mixed race keeper somewhere that we can sign. Regardless of ability

Defence - KwP, Bed, Vest, Berty - 50/50 of not only black and white but English and European. TICK.

Midfield - JwP, Redmond, Rom, Armstrong/Walcott. Tricky one here. JwP is the skipper. Rom does a unique job AND is from the EU. Redmond is black so untouchable. Sorry Stu, subs bench for your (if racially diverse enough). Theo is in

Strikers - Ings & Adams - TICK

One area to improve on. I feel the first 14 players are just too damn English/British and therefore, too racist. SORT IT!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2020 8:37]

How gingerIst is that?

You drop Armstrong without a moment’s thought about his red-headed heritage!

I swear that gingerism is one of the last bastions of ism-ism and no one seems to give a shit....

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:03 - Oct 29 with 418 viewsSadoldgit

You have got to love this country. I one breath we are told how tolerant a country we are and in the next everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over equality. Before you have equality you have to start with a level playing field. We clearly do not have that and that is what some people are trying to achieve. At the point when perhaps you rate of pay doesn’t depend on your sex or your job opportunities depend on your abilities alone, then we have a level playing field. How many Old Etonians have we had as PM’s for example? We still have some way to go.
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:14 - Oct 29 with 413 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:03 - Oct 29 by Sadoldgit

You have got to love this country. I one breath we are told how tolerant a country we are and in the next everyone is getting their knickers in a twist over equality. Before you have equality you have to start with a level playing field. We clearly do not have that and that is what some people are trying to achieve. At the point when perhaps you rate of pay doesn’t depend on your sex or your job opportunities depend on your abilities alone, then we have a level playing field. How many Old Etonians have we had as PM’s for example? We still have some way to go.

I’d be more then hoppy if there was a black Prime Minister, especially if he or she came from Eton. 🙏🏾

If it was a Tory they’d then have the hat trick (an equivalent of a right foot, left for and header if you will) - the first Jew, the first woman and the first non-white. You have to admit that would be funny....

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:27 - Oct 29 with 380 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:28 - Oct 28 by Chesham_Saint

Nope. Those that sign up to anything like a shot are often paying lip service. It’s good to know SFC are taking a serious issue in a considered way.

What if these percentages that are supposed to be achieved don't actually turn up for the interview or those that do aren't actually up to the job. Do we employ purely because of their race, gender, sexuality etc?

The club have done the right thing and not followed the sheep for some good PR and as you say, are reading between the lines as well as what they are being asked to sign up to

Looking from the outside, I think the club have a pretty good record with their diversity values
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:30 - Oct 29 with 378 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 15:11 - Oct 28 by RednWight

Or perhaps black players will sign for us because they know we want them to play and not to make up a quota
When will we need a certain amount of gay players ?
Or come to that why stop at skin colour. Hair and eye colour could be included in this bullcrap

I've just said much the same elsewhere having not read your post, sorry about that RnW
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:34 - Oct 29 with 377 viewsBison

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:27 - Oct 29 by kingslandstand1

What if these percentages that are supposed to be achieved don't actually turn up for the interview or those that do aren't actually up to the job. Do we employ purely because of their race, gender, sexuality etc?

The club have done the right thing and not followed the sheep for some good PR and as you say, are reading between the lines as well as what they are being asked to sign up to

Looking from the outside, I think the club have a pretty good record with their diversity values

I presume it doesn't take location into the equation as well for instance would Bradford , Birmingham , southampton or Truro City all have the same targets when their populations have different diversities ?

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:57 - Oct 29 with 369 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:34 - Oct 29 by Bison

I presume it doesn't take location into the equation as well for instance would Bradford , Birmingham , southampton or Truro City all have the same targets when their populations have different diversities ?

Another valid point!!

This whole thing is getting fkng ridiculous. All of this cr@p ongoing at the moment is genuinely creating division rather than "harmony" between us all, I mean, look at what happens on here!!!
Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 12:13 - Oct 29 with 360 viewsChesham_Saint

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 11:57 - Oct 29 by kingslandstand1

Another valid point!!

This whole thing is getting fkng ridiculous. All of this cr@p ongoing at the moment is genuinely creating division rather than "harmony" between us all, I mean, look at what happens on here!!!

As I think Woody Allen once said, he wasn’t offended by the lack of middle aged male Jews in the top basketball teams... but then he wasn’t offended at the thought of shagging his own step daughter... People, eh?

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 14:53 - Oct 29 with 345 viewskingslandstand1

Saints Explain Why They Have Not Signed Up To Diversity Code ! on 09:01 - Oct 29 by Chesham_Saint

How gingerIst is that?

You drop Armstrong without a moment’s thought about his red-headed heritage!

I swear that gingerism is one of the last bastions of ism-ism and no one seems to give a shit....

Who was the carrot top (or known as a whotsit?) that really used to get some serious sh1t at SMS a few years ago? He used to hate coming down here
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024