Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fans 22:29 - Dec 13 with 1362 viewskingslandstand1

Was anyone on here one of the 2000?

Just wondered if there was an atmosphere there? It sounded pretty good with some more often sung songs rather than the pre-recorded stuff we get to hear (though not sure what else they could do
The fans on 06:41 - Dec 14 with 1255 viewsSalisburySaint

I was there, thought atmosphere was good, think it helped that regular away fans are prioritised for tickets, as most away fans sing during games, so for yesterday and all other restricted games there will always be a guaranteed hardcore that will sing
The fans on 08:37 - Dec 14 with 1174 viewsBerber

The fans on 06:41 - Dec 14 by SalisburySaint

I was there, thought atmosphere was good, think it helped that regular away fans are prioritised for tickets, as most away fans sing during games, so for yesterday and all other restricted games there will always be a guaranteed hardcore that will sing

I don't sing at football games, never have, but I'm sure I'll do m,y bit if and when my seat number comes up.
The fans on 12:52 - Dec 14 with 1059 viewsTripleNiemi

The fans on 06:41 - Dec 14 by SalisburySaint

Really? I have been to a fair few away games over the last few seasons where the singing has been pretty poor to be honest. Whilst i agree that the away support / volume levels beats the St. Marys atmosphere that ain't much to write home about is it.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

The fans on 13:11 - Dec 14 with 1033 viewsSaintsforeverj

The fans on 12:52 - Dec 14 by TripleNiemi

Really? I have been to a fair few away games over the last few seasons where the singing has been pretty poor to be honest. Whilst i agree that the away support / volume levels beats the St. Marys atmosphere that ain't much to write home about is it.....

I don't think that's fair. I went to most, and the away support is normally good. There were a few grounds that don't help with singing etc, like Spurs and Newcastle but Pompey away, Chelsea away, Brighton away, Palace away were superb just to name a few.

To put it another way, our support including the ole's with Ralph when we win, is a lot more atmospheric than a lot of grounds nowadays. I went to Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and it was silent until they got a few goals.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 13:14]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The fans on 13:13 - Dec 14 with 1031 viewsBicester_North

The fans on 12:52 - Dec 14 by TripleNiemi

Depends on the fixture, usually good at cup matches away or less glamorous grounds, but at big premier league clubs, especially in London, seems to be fairly bad.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

The fans on 13:16 - Dec 14 with 1021 viewsSaintsforeverj

The fans on 13:13 - Dec 14 by Bicester_North

Depends on the fixture, usually good at cup matches away or less glamorous grounds, but at big premier league clubs, especially in London, seems to be fairly bad.

Yep, Spurs away at their new ground, which sold out in 2 days, attracted all the fair weather, tourist type fans, who wanted a picture. But some of the away games are really good from the Saints fans.

The fans on 14:14 - Dec 14 with 951 viewsSalisburySaint

The fans on 13:11 - Dec 14 by Saintsforeverj

I don't think that's fair. I went to most, and the away support is normally good. There were a few grounds that don't help with singing etc, like Spurs and Newcastle but Pompey away, Chelsea away, Brighton away, Palace away were superb just to name a few.

To put it another way, our support including the ole's with Ralph when we win, is a lot more atmospheric than a lot of grounds nowadays. I went to Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool and it was silent until they got a few goals.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 13:14]

Leicester, Villa and Sheff Utd, also very good last season
The fans on 14:33 - Dec 14 with 921 viewsSaintsforeverj

The fans on 14:14 - Dec 14 by SalisburySaint

Yep. Went to Villa and Sheff Utd. Took 3000 to both, won both and the fans were loud and proud.

Login to get fewer ads

The fans on 16:20 - Dec 14 with 842 viewsgrumpy

In my opinion ,and I have been supporting Saints for a very long time, Saints fans are as good as most other clubs.
They can be as loud and as quiet as any other. The Dell used really rock for some games and for some others be very quiet.
When we moved to St. Marys the atmosphere was great but as we moved through so many managers it became quieter.
Under Ralph the atmosphere has returned and that is great because you feel his passion and the team is responding to his guidance.
Our fans are drawn from all over Hampshire and is probably why they are not aggressive as some but they are none the less passionate.
The fans on 20:26 - Dec 14 with 727 viewsdirk_doone

The fans on 16:20 - Dec 14 by grumpy

In my opinion ,and I have been supporting Saints for a very long time, Saints fans are as good as most other clubs.
They can be as loud and as quiet as any other. The Dell used really rock for some games and for some others be very quiet.
When we moved to St. Marys the atmosphere was great but as we moved through so many managers it became quieter.
Under Ralph the atmosphere has returned and that is great because you feel his passion and the team is responding to his guidance.
Our fans are drawn from all over Hampshire and is probably why they are not aggressive as some but they are none the less passionate.

I don't know about all over Hampshire, This map is a few years out of date now, but to the east of us they support Arsenal so our next match is something of a local derby:

https://interactive.twitter.com/premierleague/#?mode=team&teamId=all&cou

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

The fans on 20:35 - Dec 14 with 718 viewscocklebreath

Have to disagree about sheff Utd last season. I took my kids for their 1st away game and bar a bit of singing in the concourse I thought it was really flat considering we won and had 3000

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024