Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge disappointment 14:55 - Feb 14 with 994 viewssaint22

Those last two games were massive for our season
Two wins or a draw and a win and we were pretty much safe
Now we have a struggle ahead!
Huge disappointment on 15:02 - Feb 14 with 966 viewsSadoldgit

I’d rather we won the cup game than this given a choice. We have a good chance of a cup semi final and aren’t going down.
Huge disappointment on 15:18 - Feb 14 with 931 viewssaint22

Huge disappointment on 15:02 - Feb 14 by Sadoldgit

I’d rather we won the cup game than this given a choice. We have a good chance of a cup semi final and aren’t going down.

That’s not really my point we should be beating both Newcastle and wolves and certainly not losing twice
Huge disappointment on 16:21 - Feb 14 with 846 viewskingslandstand1

Huge disappointment on 15:18 - Feb 14 by saint22

That’s not really my point we should be beating both Newcastle and wolves and certainly not losing twice

Unfortunately we have no right to beat any team - do Liverpool have a right to beat us, or Man Utd to beat Sheff Utd or draw against the Baggies today?
Huge disappointment on 16:57 - Feb 14 with 812 viewsSadoldgit

Huge disappointment on 15:18 - Feb 14 by saint22

We did beat Wolves though in the game that was most important to many of us. Wolves had more in the tank in the second half probably because they played a weakened team the other night.
If Newcastle had managed to keep 11 men on the pitch we probably could have come back and win that game. Who knows? We probably should have lost to Liverpool, but won it. That’s life!
Huge disappointment on 18:11 - Feb 14 with 766 viewsTripleNiemi

Were you about in the 90's when we actually encountered some 'massive' games?

I say bolöx to the league anyway and let's try and get to the cup Semi / final.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Huge disappointment on 18:17 - Feb 14 with 756 viewssaint22

Huge disappointment on 18:11 - Feb 14 by TripleNiemi

Were you about in the 90's when we actually encountered some 'massive' games?

I say bolöx to the league anyway and let's try and get to the cup Semi / final.

Yeah I mean who cares if we set new records of losing I mean we hated it earlier in the season when we went top didn’t we......
Ffs
Huge disappointment on 18:24 - Feb 14 with 750 viewsTripleNiemi

Huge disappointment on 18:17 - Feb 14 by saint22

Yeah I mean who cares if we set new records of losing I mean we hated it earlier in the season when we went top didn’t we......
Ffs

You were probably still dripping when we were top of the league....ffs

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Huge disappointment on 18:54 - Feb 14 with 712 viewsSadoldgit

Huge disappointment on 18:17 - Feb 14 by saint22

Ffs

If we were playing like we did against United every week you might have a point. Yes it sucks but we have beaten Liverpool, Wolves and Arsenal in the same period so is it a reason to start slitting our wrists?
Login to get fewer ads

Huge disappointment on 19:58 - Feb 14 with 648 viewsIngskneeslide

Huge disappointment on 18:24 - Feb 14 by TripleNiemi

You were probably still dripping when we were top of the league....ffs

He/she was.
Huge disappointment on 20:00 - Feb 14 with 642 views1885_SFC

The trouble with us Saints fans is... we think we're better than we actually are. When it comes down to it, we're pretty average. We have a few really good players & we're capable of stringing a few good results together occasionally - but top 10 we certainly aren't.

We'll finish somewhere between 12th and 14th - meaning the FA Cup run is where we should be focusing all of our efforts in what is left of a very strange season.

Old School is Cool

Huge disappointment on 20:36 - Feb 14 with 604 viewsDorsetIan

Huge disappointment on 20:00 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

The trouble with us Saints fans is... we think we're better than we actually are. When it comes down to it, we're pretty average. We have a few really good players & we're capable of stringing a few good results together occasionally - but top 10 we certainly aren't.

We'll finish somewhere between 12th and 14th - meaning the FA Cup run is where we should be focusing all of our efforts in what is left of a very strange season.

You're right, but the wider question is how can we be so fragile/brittle/flakey - top of the league one minute, losing 9-0 and 6 on the bounce the next?

This is more than thinking we are better than we actually are, to me it suggests something much more fundamentally dysfunctional about the squad and the club, and that is the longer term worry.

With all the good results in 2020, you'd have thought that we could have concluded that we were heading in the right direction after so many years of struggle, really laying down some solid foundations as a team.

Does anyone believe that now?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Huge disappointment on 20:40 - Feb 14 with 595 viewsgrumpy

Huge disappointment on 20:00 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

We should be' focusing all of our efforts 'on picking up points.
Huge disappointment on 20:56 - Feb 14 with 569 views1885_SFC

Huge disappointment on 20:40 - Feb 14 by grumpy

Well yes we should - but if we do beat Bournemouth - then quite rightly we should place more significance on winning a piece of silverware and a way back into Europe.

We aren't going to go down - not this season. We're on a bad run yes - but I'm quite sure we will win a few more games yet & certainly enough to keep us well outside the bottom three.

Old School is Cool

Huge disappointment on 22:50 - Feb 14 with 479 viewsCenturion

Huge disappointment on 20:56 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

Well yes we should - but if we do beat Bournemouth - then quite rightly we should place more significance on winning a piece of silverware and a way back into Europe.

We aren't going to go down - not this season. We're on a bad run yes - but I'm quite sure we will win a few more games yet & certainly enough to keep us well outside the bottom three.

Fulham only 11 points behind us now...
Huge disappointment on 23:12 - Feb 14 with 457 viewsBicester_North

Huge disappointment on 20:40 - Feb 14 by grumpy

I don’t understand this viewpoint. We have a championship team in the QF which we should be able to win.

Then 2 matches from only our second major trophy in history. What do we want as football supporters.

Most likely outcome is Man City win the double but always that little chance of a scabby win.

I thought the premier league obsession was for the soccer am newbie generation, not die hard fans who’ve been going for years.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Huge disappointment on 23:21 - Feb 14 with 452 views1885_SFC

Huge disappointment on 22:50 - Feb 14 by Centurion

Fulham only 11 points behind us now...

There's still Palace, Burnley, Brighton & Newcastle between us and Fulham.

Old School is Cool

Huge disappointment on 07:25 - Feb 15 with 395 viewssaint22

Huge disappointment on 23:21 - Feb 14 by 1885_SFC

There's still Palace, Burnley, Brighton & Newcastle between us and Fulham.

Yes but palace aside the others are actually winning games
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024