Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fabio Silva & Cheating 08:38 - Feb 12 with 1404 viewsSaintNick

It is sad how cynical an 18 year old is, everytime he was touched he threw himself down screaming and clutching one part or another of himself, half the time not the actual part he had been "touched" on.

A lot of people talk about VAR ruining the game, but for me it is the cheats that are ruining it, constantly throwing themselves to the floor and seeking to get opponents sent off or booked or win free kicks and penalties.

If Var sorted out these cheats both at the time and then retrospectively, it would be banished from the game almost immediately making life a lot easier for referees

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:42 - Feb 12 with 1397 viewsBerber

Over the past few weeks, the incidents as described seem to be increasing. Time for the refs to crack down and give some yellows. However, I can understand that players are getting more tired under the relentless schedule, and young, lighter players will be struggling increasingly with the physicality. Not and excuse, but understandable.
Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:52 - Feb 12 with 1366 views1teeminants

John Moss was excellent last night he wasn’t having any of the rolling around screaming nonsense. It wasn’t just Silva doing it, a few Wolves players were rolling around like they’d been hit by a bus. I agree it’s ruining the game .

Grealish is an excellent player but spends half the time on the deck looking for fouls and probably one of the worst is Mo Salah who is always diving . It’s Blatant cheating and needs to be stamped out.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:58 - Feb 12 with 1358 viewsSaintNick

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:52 - Feb 12 by 1teeminants

John Moss was excellent last night he wasn’t having any of the rolling around screaming nonsense. It wasn’t just Silva doing it, a few Wolves players were rolling around like they’d been hit by a bus. I agree it’s ruining the game .

Grealish is an excellent player but spends half the time on the deck looking for fouls and probably one of the worst is Mo Salah who is always diving . It’s Blatant cheating and needs to be stamped out.

When asked the managers just shrug and claim they dont tell the players not to do it, yet they do nothing to stop them.

Stve Sidwell whilst commentating on a Brighton game admitted he had been employedby the club to lecture the younger players n what he called the dark arts, the FA did nothing

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 09:32 - Feb 12 with 1320 viewsRon11

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:58 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

When asked the managers just shrug and claim they dont tell the players not to do it, yet they do nothing to stop them.

Stve Sidwell whilst commentating on a Brighton game admitted he had been employedby the club to lecture the younger players n what he called the dark arts, the FA did nothing

Should be immediate yellow card.
Remember the days were footballers were men and got up and played on.
These days the likes of Raheem Sterling even run like little girls...
Fabio Silva & Cheating on 10:20 - Feb 12 with 1272 viewsdirk_doone

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:58 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

"Steve Sidwell whilst commentating on a Brighton game admitted he had been employed by the club to lecture the younger players n what he called the dark arts."

You can see several clubs where the players have not only been trained how to cheat and get away with it but also how to injure opposition players and also get away with it. Dean Smith's Villa team are one of the worst at it. Mourinho had his Man United team trained to surround the referee as an outraged mob at every opportunity to try get opponents red carded. Since Solskjaer has gone there, I haven't noticed it so much.

One new example of the dark arts I've noticed this season is 'accidentally' kicking the side of an opponent's foot when it is in the air, which, if it's done hard enough, can not only bruise the foot but also jar and twist the knee. If you kick it from behind or when it is on the ground, you will get at least a yellow card but not when it is in the air. Also 'accidentally' stamping on opponents' feet at every opportunity has increased a lot this season, and in most cases the players get away with it.

Rolling on the ground, clutching the face, pretending an opponent has punched you there, has decreased though as players know VAR will reveal what happened. But, the screaming after any contact has increased because players know they can still impress the ref with it and it's not something that VAR will do anything about.

Deliberately trailing a leg in the penalty area to make contact with a defender behind you has been the direct cause of numerous penalties over the last 2 seasons. I think players cottoned on to the fact that the MOTD pundits would always say, "There was contact!"

One thing that's surprised me though is that there haven't been more attempts to deliberately kick the ball at a defender's arm in the penalty area. Of course, there have been a few but the way the rules are now, you'd expect players to be doing it all the time. It's also quite easy to head the ball against a defender's raised arm. I recall we conceded a penalty because of that and it was obvious the striker knew what he was doing.

One of the funniest things I saw this season was when we played Villa. Ward-Prowse had seen Grealish win several free-kicks with his flops so he tried the same thing, although not quite so convincingly, and Grealish immediately rushed up to the ref, with a big grin on his face, and said, "He dived!"
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 11:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 11:05 - Feb 12 with 1202 viewssaint22

Agreed and as i posted last night Moss was onto it and fair play to him he reffed it well last night

Seemed like all the Wolves players had a little of that Portuguese flair for going down like a sack of sh it at the merest touch

Graham Scott Sunday....not the best but not the worst, had stinker against Newcastle last season when djenepo got a red
Fabio Silva & Cheating on 12:41 - Feb 12 with 1127 viewsTimSaint

It was refreshing to see Gibbs-White get booked for his blatant dive.
The only problem was it came too late in the game and had it happened earlier, it may well have prevented a lot of the earlier 'gamesmanship' !!

Hopefully the officials for Sunday's game will now be wise to their antics.

TimSaint

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 12:53 - Feb 12 with 1110 viewsSaintNick

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 08:52 - Feb 12 by 1teeminants

Jon Moss did have a good game , although I think he has gone downhill a little since his time as the drummer in Culture Club

Login to get fewer ads

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 12:56 - Feb 12 with 1107 viewsSaintNick

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 12:53 - Feb 12 by SaintNick

Jon Moss did have a good game , although I think he has gone downhill a little since his time as the drummer in Culture Club

I loved this quote about Jon Moss the referee

Moss was employed by the Westbrook Lane Primary School in Leeds as a physical education teacher, where he taught future Premier League midfielder James Milner; Milner was later shown a red card by Moss in a Premier League match in 2019.

Revenge is sweet

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 00:44 - Mar 2 with 719 viewsdirk_doone

Fabio Silva & Cheating on 10:20 - Feb 12 by dirk_doone

"Steve Sidwell whilst commentating on a Brighton game admitted he had been employed by the club to lecture the younger players n what he called the dark arts."

You can see several clubs where the players have not only been trained how to cheat and get away with it but also how to injure opposition players and also get away with it. Dean Smith's Villa team are one of the worst at it. Mourinho had his Man United team trained to surround the referee as an outraged mob at every opportunity to try get opponents red carded. Since Solskjaer has gone there, I haven't noticed it so much.

One new example of the dark arts I've noticed this season is 'accidentally' kicking the side of an opponent's foot when it is in the air, which, if it's done hard enough, can not only bruise the foot but also jar and twist the knee. If you kick it from behind or when it is on the ground, you will get at least a yellow card but not when it is in the air. Also 'accidentally' stamping on opponents' feet at every opportunity has increased a lot this season, and in most cases the players get away with it.

Rolling on the ground, clutching the face, pretending an opponent has punched you there, has decreased though as players know VAR will reveal what happened. But, the screaming after any contact has increased because players know they can still impress the ref with it and it's not something that VAR will do anything about.

Deliberately trailing a leg in the penalty area to make contact with a defender behind you has been the direct cause of numerous penalties over the last 2 seasons. I think players cottoned on to the fact that the MOTD pundits would always say, "There was contact!"

One thing that's surprised me though is that there haven't been more attempts to deliberately kick the ball at a defender's arm in the penalty area. Of course, there have been a few but the way the rules are now, you'd expect players to be doing it all the time. It's also quite easy to head the ball against a defender's raised arm. I recall we conceded a penalty because of that and it was obvious the striker knew what he was doing.

One of the funniest things I saw this season was when we played Villa. Ward-Prowse had seen Grealish win several free-kicks with his flops so he tried the same thing, although not quite so convincingly, and Grealish immediately rushed up to the ref, with a big grin on his face, and said, "He dived!"
[Post edited 12 Feb 2021 11:03]

"Also 'accidentally' stamping on opponents' feet at every opportunity has increased a lot this season, and in most cases the players get away with it."

"The screaming after any contact has increased because players know they can still impress the ref with it and it's not something that VAR will do anything about."

Everton have certainly mastered the art of cheating. Most of their players have learned how to do the Grealish flop every time they get in a good position for a free-kick. It looked like they had been practising it in training.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024