Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Ings situation 14:33 - Jun 2 with 3469 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's all very quiet isn't it? So where are we with it?

- so Ings has a year left on his contract. Yes, he is entitled to see it out. But what do we do in the meantime? We have a striker knowing he is going, seeing out time. If he sees out his contract until the end, he will leave on a free. He can also talk to other clubs from January. What a distraction that would be next year.

- If we sell him in the summer, clubs won't pay a lot, knowing he is soon to be free or very cheap in January. We are reportedly looking at Armstrong, but is that because Ings is going or is it because they know Ings will go within the next year? All in all, it's not very helpful to Saints. We could potentially get 25 million plus for him, but could end up with nothing.

If it's true he is going anyway, we might as well sell him for 10 / 15 million now, get a new striker in and move on imo. The alternative is keeping a player who doesn't want to be here, for one more year and then we get nothing. Ings staying here for another year, unhappy wanting to go as soon as he can, is a bit of worry for the squad I think. He could even end up in the reserves, with Armstrong and Adams up front. We wouldn't be left with much choice. We can't play a player that can't wait to leave.

He could of course sign a new contract with a release clause in it to protect the club from gaining nothing. But he would then lose his signing on fee.......
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 14:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Danny Ings situation on 15:16 - Jun 2 with 2905 viewsgrumpy

I have lost the will with all this, thank goodness the season is over.
Danny Ings situation on 15:45 - Jun 2 with 2876 viewsKennington

I’m always in the let them run down their contracts if they want to camp. If we sell him with one year left on a deal, we’ll get probably £20-30m. But it will be all but impossible to replace him with that type of amount; not that we’ll pay that much anyway for a replacement. So might as well be relaxed with him leaving for nothing next year. Least of all if he keeps us up again he’ll be a big part of the club having another season of that huge tv money rolling in. That income will be far more than the money we’ll get for him if he’s sold now. So in my view it’s short sighted to force him to leave if he’s not willing to sign a new deal. Just shake his hand next May and wish him well.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Danny Ings situation on 16:11 - Jun 2 with 2849 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings situation on 15:45 - Jun 2 by Kennington

I’m always in the let them run down their contracts if they want to camp. If we sell him with one year left on a deal, we’ll get probably £20-30m. But it will be all but impossible to replace him with that type of amount; not that we’ll pay that much anyway for a replacement. So might as well be relaxed with him leaving for nothing next year. Least of all if he keeps us up again he’ll be a big part of the club having another season of that huge tv money rolling in. That income will be far more than the money we’ll get for him if he’s sold now. So in my view it’s short sighted to force him to leave if he’s not willing to sign a new deal. Just shake his hand next May and wish him well.

I see your point, but if his recent performances are anything to go by (since contract negotiations stalled in December) he won't be much use to us anyway and the team has obviously been very poor. I would rather get some money at least and move on. If we wait until next year, when we won't have any money to replace him at all, are we not just kicking the can down the road?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 16:31]

Danny Ings situation on 16:39 - Jun 2 with 2806 viewsRon11

Danny Ings situation on 16:11 - Jun 2 by Saintsforeverj

I see your point, but if his recent performances are anything to go by (since contract negotiations stalled in December) he won't be much use to us anyway and the team has obviously been very poor. I would rather get some money at least and move on. If we wait until next year, when we won't have any money to replace him at all, are we not just kicking the can down the road?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 16:31]

Whatever happened to all that 'so pleased to be here, especially as it's my home club and I'm a massive Saints fan'?
He discovered that with the care and attention lavished on him by Southampton FC he got pretty fit again and started scoring goals - and realised there might be a profit in it after all, and has now stalled any contract talks in hope of a move to the top six, stepping on our faces on the way back up.
Now the Bertandesque sulky face while on the pitch has appeared...so predictable.
Danny Ings situation on 17:28 - Jun 2 with 2762 viewsgrumpy

'so pleased to be here'
Wish I had a pound every time I heard that one.
Danny Ings situation on 17:55 - Jun 2 with 2731 viewsRon11

Danny Ings situation on 17:28 - Jun 2 by grumpy

'so pleased to be here'
Wish I had a pound every time I heard that one.

Yeah, VanDijk, Mane and a few others all spewed words to that effect.
Danny Ings situation on 17:57 - Jun 2 with 2728 viewsdwayne_dibley

players like to get to the end of June before they sign a transfer as that means they get their annual loyalty bonus

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Danny Ings situation on 19:55 - Jun 2 with 2660 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings situation on 16:39 - Jun 2 by Ron11

Whatever happened to all that 'so pleased to be here, especially as it's my home club and I'm a massive Saints fan'?
He discovered that with the care and attention lavished on him by Southampton FC he got pretty fit again and started scoring goals - and realised there might be a profit in it after all, and has now stalled any contract talks in hope of a move to the top six, stepping on our faces on the way back up.
Now the Bertandesque sulky face while on the pitch has appeared...so predictable.

He might as well go now so we can get on, find a replacement etc but he is entitled to stay. Not helpful to the club he massively supports though is it? I bet he stays to the end, for a free transfer and it won't do us any favours next season- constant speculation disrupting him and the squad, a player not wanting to be here or get injured. And then he goes for nothing.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2021 19:58]

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Ings situation on 22:10 - Jun 2 with 2542 viewsSonicBoom

I mentioned recently he was playing golf at the place I play. Since then someone at the club told us he's a applied to be a member.
Of course he can easily afford to do that and then join somewhere else two months later, but that would seem a little odd.
Make of that what you will....
Danny Ings situation on 22:26 - Jun 2 with 2525 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings situation on 22:10 - Jun 2 by SonicBoom

I mentioned recently he was playing golf at the place I play. Since then someone at the club told us he's a applied to be a member.
Of course he can easily afford to do that and then join somewhere else two months later, but that would seem a little odd.

I suspect he will stay for the final year of his contract. He can go for free next summer and will get a massive transfer bonus being free. Other clubs will know this too, and won't spend millions on a player who will soon be free. So he has another year yet to play golf in the area. If he was going to sign a new contract, he would have signed by now I would have thought.

Danny Ings situation on 22:40 - Jun 2 with 2510 viewsRon11

Danny Ings situation on 22:26 - Jun 2 by Saintsforeverj

I suspect he will stay for the final year of his contract. He can go for free next summer and will get a massive transfer bonus being free. Other clubs will know this too, and won't spend millions on a player who will soon be free. So he has another year yet to play golf in the area. If he was going to sign a new contract, he would have signed by now I would have thought.

Well lets hope he cheers up a bit then.
Danny Ings situation on 22:47 - Jun 2 with 2505 viewsSaintsforeverj

Danny Ings situation on 22:40 - Jun 2 by Ron11

Well lets hope he cheers up a bit then.

Let's hope so but I doubt it! He won't want to get injured before his big move. This ongoing saga will likely be very unhelpful to the Saints next season.

Danny Ings situation on 23:14 - Jun 2 with 2479 viewsA1079

If he really does have any feelings for us as a club but he has no intention of staying with us long term he should leave us now and at least make sure that we reap some benefit of him being a part of SFC. If he winds down his contract and leaves us with nothing then it suggests to me that he does not give a damn about us.

I do believe that he has been one factor (not the only one by a long way) for our decline from January. I am not sure whether I want him to be a part of us if his heart is not in it for another season. If he wants to stay and take us forward then for me he needs to sign a new contract now. I cannot see that happening though.

One of the worst outcomes is that he does leave but it is left until the closing week of the summer transfer window and we have no time to rectify the position.
Danny Ings situation on 10:23 - Jun 3 with 2369 viewskingolaf

Danny Ings situation on 22:10 - Jun 2 by SonicBoom

What course is that?
Danny Ings situation on 11:22 - Jun 3 with 2334 viewsdirk_doone

Another season with Ings' goals will mean we'll get another season in the Premier League, which is worth more than any transfer fee we'd get for him this summer. As we've seen in the past, the money from transfer fees is often frittered away on players we then have to loan out to other clubs, like the £20 million Carrillo or the £15 million Hoedt. There is no guarantee whatsoever that we would find a replacement anywhere near as good or even anyone good enough for the Premier League.

Rather than moan about Ings wanting to see out his contract, which is what Koeman also wanted to do, we should make the most of the time he is here. I still wonder what might have been if Koeman had been allowed to see out his contract rather than being given an ultimatum by Old Les that he had to renew or go. The irony is that when Fonte asked for a new contract, admittedly with an increased salary , which would have kept him here longer, he was told by Old Les to find another club.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 11:32]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Danny Ings situation on 12:11 - Jun 3 with 2295 viewsBerber

Danny Ings situation on 16:39 - Jun 2 by Ron11

Well, he's here, fulfilling his contract, and out top scorer. He'll have the rest of his life to live in the area.

Who looked happy whilst losing all those games? He looked happy enough celebrating any goal we scored, regardless if it was him. I'd prefer him to stay, but the guy is entitled to work to the contract that both parties signed. He's seen enough evidence that the RH way can be p1ss poor as well as excellent. Given the financial situation, that isn't likely to change much next season, or probably the one after. I think he's been value for money whether he goes or stays.
Danny Ings situation on 12:22 - Jun 3 with 2289 viewsVeloSaint

Lets be honest the club can only play this one way, and that's be as positive as possible that he'll be here next season and will at least see out his current contract. All the while Ings hasn't indicated he wants to leave that's all they can do. Both parties entered into his current contract in good faith etc. etc.

That could all change with a big money offer from a club Ings would genuinely want to go too (most likely champions league level). Ings indicates he wants to go, club accept big offer and we have to hope that we find a player with a similar goal return.

We aren't holding the strongest hand, but our bluff is to keep talking up that he'll be here next season, contract is there ready to sign, best paid player and all the rest of it. Will change the moment City or Utd come in... but thats a big if at this stage.

If he stays but doesn't sign a new deal we can expect a strong first half of next season and then a massive tailing off from Jan (as he and his agent will likely have already sorted out a bumper pay day move).
Danny Ings situation on 15:25 - Jun 3 with 2201 viewsRon11

Danny Ings situation on 11:22 - Jun 3 by dirk_doone

Another season with Ings' goals will mean we'll get another season in the Premier League, which is worth more than any transfer fee we'd get for him this summer. As we've seen in the past, the money from transfer fees is often frittered away on players we then have to loan out to other clubs, like the £20 million Carrillo or the £15 million Hoedt. There is no guarantee whatsoever that we would find a replacement anywhere near as good or even anyone good enough for the Premier League.

Rather than moan about Ings wanting to see out his contract, which is what Koeman also wanted to do, we should make the most of the time he is here. I still wonder what might have been if Koeman had been allowed to see out his contract rather than being given an ultimatum by Old Les that he had to renew or go. The irony is that when Fonte asked for a new contract, admittedly with an increased salary , which would have kept him here longer, he was told by Old Les to find another club.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2021 11:32]

Two among the best people we've ever had at the club in recent times.
Of course dictator Reed wanted to exert his authority over two characters that were far superior to him in many ways...so he got them out of the way. And then began his scintillating choices of managers and players.
And it was Nigel Pearson that got Saints back in the Premier League...
Danny Ings situation on 12:40 - Jun 10 with 1717 viewsPoirot

From what i see he looks content on seeing out his contract, so greed can kick in and he can maximise ££££ somewhere with covid hopefully gone.

He has history for this stitching up burnley.
Danny Ings situation on 14:03 - Jun 10 with 1642 viewsBuenosSaint

Danny Ings situation on 12:40 - Jun 10 by Poirot

From what i see he looks content on seeing out his contract, so greed can kick in and he can maximise ££££ somewhere with covid hopefully gone.

He has history for this stitching up burnley.

As someone said on another thread. How exactly is ings stitching us up? Or stitched Burnley up before?

He has a contract. He has an option to extend which he can exercise or not. I've had overseas contracts which I've had an option to extend or not. Turning the extension down and going somewhere else wasn't stitching my employer up as long as I honoured and worked through the current contract fairly as agreed by both parties.

He'll only stitch sfc if he pulls a sulk next season like some others. I'd like to say he doesn't seem the type. Otherwise fair play to him, knock the goals in for saints next year and get a final dream move. Nice if we get a fat transfer fee or he decides to stay and sfc still want him but it is not the be all and end all.

Poll: The Long Future

Danny Ings situation on 14:42 - Jun 10 with 1608 viewsBison

When his football career ends I would expect he will settle in the South. I don't think he will 'stitch' us up , he is probably just as worried about Saint's current situation as many of us , he is a fan of Saints that happens to be playing for us which is much more than most we have sold on.

I dont not blame Danny , I blame our management. If he goes good on him , if he stays he will still give it his all in my opinion. He will still be supporting Saints when he is living in Hythe at 40 after his career is over. He's 28 so let him decide whats best for his career and family right now.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Danny Ings situation on 15:32 - Jun 10 with 1582 viewsPoirot

Danny Ings situation on 14:03 - Jun 10 by BuenosSaint

As someone said on another thread. How exactly is ings stitching us up? Or stitched Burnley up before?

He has a contract. He has an option to extend which he can exercise or not. I've had overseas contracts which I've had an option to extend or not. Turning the extension down and going somewhere else wasn't stitching my employer up as long as I honoured and worked through the current contract fairly as agreed by both parties.

He'll only stitch sfc if he pulls a sulk next season like some others. I'd like to say he doesn't seem the type. Otherwise fair play to him, knock the goals in for saints next year and get a final dream move. Nice if we get a fat transfer fee or he decides to stay and sfc still want him but it is not the be all and end all.

He financially stitches us up after we saved his career.

Im against the bosman stuff, especially in this day and age as the clubs get shafted.
Danny Ings situation on 22:44 - Jun 10 with 1400 viewsBerber

Danny Ings situation on 15:32 - Jun 10 by Poirot

Im against the bosman stuff, especially in this day and age as the clubs get shafted.

So you think he couldn't have got fit with any other PL club? I'd say that HE saved his career and the club did no more than provide a competent professional service as they would to any player on their books. He didn't need to sign for us after his loan period. As to financially stitching up the club, are you suggesting that he has not delivered value for money? His goals in the 19/20 season pretty much kept us in the PL. The Bosman rule applies to the whole of European football. Under the law, sticking to a contract freely entered into by both parties would never be interpreted as "stitching" anybody up. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but your reasoning seems somewhat vague.
Danny Ings situation on 00:03 - Jun 11 with 1355 viewsSadoldgit

Danny Ings situation on 15:32 - Jun 10 by Poirot

How exactly has he “financially stitched us up”? He signed a contract and if he stays until next year has has fulfilled that contract.
Danny Ings situation on 14:59 - Jun 11 with 1152 viewsPoirot

Danny Ings situation on 00:03 - Jun 11 by Sadoldgit

How exactly has he “financially stitched us up”? He signed a contract and if he stays until next year has has fulfilled that contract.

So we sell for nothing or peanuts and cant afford a replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024