Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse 09:55 - Aug 4 with 1166 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55374/derisory-bid-shows

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 1151 viewssaints__fan__73

More Pravda drivel.

So JWP should only go to a club that doesn't negotiate on price and comes in with their best offer right from the offset? WALOB.

If he does got to Villa he will get far higher wages than we pay him and will have a better chance of European football and thus also getting into the England side.

The question should more be why should he stay?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 11:13 - Aug 4 with 1086 viewsButty101

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 10:04 - Aug 4 by saints__fan__73

More Pravda drivel.

So JWP should only go to a club that doesn't negotiate on price and comes in with their best offer right from the offset? WALOB.

If he does got to Villa he will get far higher wages than we pay him and will have a better chance of European football and thus also getting into the England side.

I have to say Villas initial offer was pretty insulting.
Reportedly getting 100mill for Grealish inflates JWP price. Plus he has a long contract. I would suggest they need to pay 60mill to get him. Having started at 25mill you probably wouldnt expect them to get near that price.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 11:42 - Aug 4 with 1069 views1teeminants

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 10:04 - Aug 4 by saints__fan__73

More Pravda drivel.

Simple really Villa have only been here 5 minutes recently even though they are a bigger club whatever that means. I can’t remember Villa recently getting four top eight finishes in the premier league which included sixth . Anyone that leaves us should only join a regular top 6 club as we are just as likely to get Europe or win a cup as any of the others outside top six. I guess if they are greedy buggers then wages comes into it that’s where we can’t compete with Villa/ Everton etc

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 14:50 - Aug 4 with 954 viewsDorsetIan

Let's assume we get £40m+ for JWP.

Hopefully we're going to spend that on a replacement. Who?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 15:36 - Aug 4 with 914 viewssaints__fan__73

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 14:50 - Aug 4 by DorsetIan

Let's assume we get £40m+ for JWP.

Hopefully we're going to spend that on a replacement. Who?

Harry Winks?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 15:53 - Aug 4 with 899 viewsDorsetIan

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 15:36 - Aug 4 by saints__fan__73

Harry Winks?

Is he any good at free kicks?!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:00 - Aug 4 with 839 viewskingslandstand1

Just thinking. Supposing, only supposing, Grealish does a Le Tiss, what are the chances of City coming in for JWP? He's not that far behind Grealish and would get in to the City B team quite comfortably which would do well in the Prem, and they would come in with a 50 mill bid I'd guess the club would take it and no way would JWP turn that down?

Or shall I get back off the juice .............................
Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:01 - Aug 4 with 839 viewsSinned

More Pravda drivel.

There is a report out there suggesting that Villa would expect to pay him £75k per week. Which I would suggest is not a lot more than we are currently paying since his new contract
Login to get fewer ads

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:04 - Aug 4 with 833 viewsJaySaint

I guess it also means Saints are not the club for Alun Armstrong?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:04 - Aug 4 with 834 viewsKennington

Don’t we normally start our offers to Celtic with something like £500k and a family pack of Irn Brew when we take their players? So I really don’t think saints can have the moral high ground on derisory offers.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:31 - Aug 4 with 807 viewsMonksway

Any reference to the amount of the VIlla bid by Saints encourages a higher bid. If 25 million is derisory it suggests that 35 or 40 might be acceptable. If JWP wasn't for sale a simple statement to that effect would have sufficed.
Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:40 - Aug 4 with 800 viewsVeloSaint

Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 17:31 - Aug 4 by Monksway

Any reference to the amount of the VIlla bid by Saints encourages a higher bid. If 25 million is derisory it suggests that 35 or 40 might be acceptable. If JWP wasn't for sale a simple statement to that effect would have sufficed.

There hasn't been a statement. We've had the derisory line which I think came from The Athletic and we've had Blackmore basically suggesting there isn't an offer Saints would accept.
Derisory Bid Shows Why Aston Villa Are Not the Club For James Ward Prowse on 19:01 - Aug 4 with 726 views1ASIN12

But they are just the right club for Danny Ings
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024