Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts 09:35 - Aug 6 with 1365 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55391/why-danny-ings-bro

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 10:05 - Aug 6 with 1338 viewssaints__fan__73

Why not write something accurate for a change rather than more pro-ownership rubbish?

Here's a headline for you.

"Why Kat Liebherr and Gao broke Southampton Hearts"

Taking a club that had risen from L1 to qualifying for Europe, giving fans memories that will last a lifetime to a squalid and grubby little organisation where Fat Kat cashed in her retirement bonus yet still lingers like a bad smell and where the only aim is to finish 17th and ensure another year of staying with snouts in the PL trough.

What memories have we of the past years? The only ones which will linger are the 9-0s.....

The question you should be asking is not so much why did Ings leave as to why any half decent player we have would want to stay.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2021 10:06]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 11:01 - Aug 6 with 1258 viewsBerber

Maybe the fans are too generous with their "love". Wouldn't any ambitious pro wonder about committing the rest of their career to a team flirting with relegation and regularly getting tonked, (9-0) in a couple of cases? I don't have any big beef with Ings, he is very professional and also very mercenary.

How many of us after a bonus time of earnings thinks, "lovely, that'll do me, I'll remember it for the rest of my life?" The challenge is always to go out and do it again, and again if we can. If it is glory he is after, maybe he just sees a better chance at Villa than at Southampton?
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 12:49 - Aug 6 with 1159 viewsSadoldgit

Apart from it being grossly disrespectful to call her Fat Kat (her father must be turning on his grave), I don’t see what it has got to do with her or Gao for that matter. A player has chosen to leave. Players do it all the time. We still have a club that has plenty of other players who seem happy to stay.
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 13:11 - Aug 6 with 1135 viewsbarry_sanchez

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 12:49 - Aug 6 by Sadoldgit

Apart from it being grossly disrespectful to call her Fat Kat (her father must be turning on his grave), I don’t see what it has got to do with her or Gao for that matter. A player has chosen to leave. Players do it all the time. We still have a club that has plenty of other players who seem happy to stay.

Fat Kat due her making money from this deal, akin to fat cats in London, your prejudice also shows your ignorance.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 13:15 - Aug 6 with 1118 viewsButty101

Plus she is obese

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 13:31 - Aug 6 with 1094 viewsRon11

In my opinion FK and Gao are the ones who are grossly disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the supporters of Saints on whom they depend on a large amount of cash, in return for running the club on the cheap.
They are the the darker side of football, unfortunately they're here.
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 13:56 - Aug 6 with 1043 viewsBerber

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 13:31 - Aug 6 by Ron11

In my opinion FK and Gao are the ones who are grossly disrespectful.
Disrespectful to the supporters of Saints on whom they depend on a large amount of cash, in return for running the club on the cheap.
They are the the darker side of football, unfortunately they're here.

From the club's accounts:

Broadcasting revenue fell to £93.5m (2019: £112.8m) as a consequence of the season ending after 30 June 2020, whilst match day revenue fell to £14.5m (2019: £17.0m) due to matches being played behind closed-doors.

Sorry mate, by your reckoning, their primary focus should be on the media, not the fans. However, a club without local fans is not going to get a lot of "digital" following either if they are just going to play recorded crown noise to liven games up.
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1012 viewsDorsetIan

I could understand the head scratching if Ings had gone to Newcastle or Palace.

But Villa are so obviously a side with far far more ambition than Saints, and that is all down to the current owner, Gao.

Let's see if we can spend the sale proceeds on someone who can score goals like Ings could.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 14:16 - Aug 6 with 1012 viewssaints__fan__73

Are you being intentionally dense? You don't think it has anything to do with her or Gao?

Ings didn't leave to go to Man City, he went to a mid-table club who are showing a bit of ambition to finish in the top 10 and maybe qualify for Europe. i.e. exactly the level of club we were 5 years ago.

If not them then whose fault is our decline down to?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:03 - Aug 6 with 863 viewskingslandstand1

At the risk of further wrath from Nick for maybe sounding negative about this saga, but how pleasing it was to hear the Villa chairman/CEO or whatever he is explaining in detail to the Villa fans totally upset by Grealish moving to the best club in the land and no excuses, just saying it as it was. I'm sure what he said did appease the Villains

Yet we hear nothing other that from Ralph that hopefully he can spend some of the sale money to get a replacement. Surely Semmens can come and make a statement?

Now to counter the above, Villa had good news to follow that sale stating and showing ambition with a 3 decent well established players signing for them. They also must have know the were to get £100 mill to play with!

I am going to try and be more positive, although our first few games don't hold out much hope

But let's see. This is Saints and as a club we should be used to all this cr~p by now. Just wish we could have had a few more years in the sun following those recent glory years

The signing of Armstrong would be a good start, although a potential risk as was Adams when he arrived, although he took a time to settle, time we haven't really got ..................
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:04 - Aug 6 with 864 viewsbarry_sanchez

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 14:16 - Aug 6 by saints__fan__73

Are you being intentionally dense? You don't think it has anything to do with her or Gao?

Ings didn't leave to go to Man City, he went to a mid-table club who are showing a bit of ambition to finish in the top 10 and maybe qualify for Europe. i.e. exactly the level of club we were 5 years ago.

He'll fall back to his default position of when he can't or is able to fully reply, it'll be
"well at least we have a club to support"
"stop moaning we're in the Premier League and we're punching above our weight"

Stock answers shows not only ambivalence but also acceptance of crap, that said Southampton FC is riddled with such "fans", the grateful brigade.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:14 - Aug 6 with 853 viewsSadoldgit

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 14:16 - Aug 6 by saints__fan__73

What has she got to do with our transfers exactly? Gao is looking to sell and clearly just wants out. The board are running the club. They have attracted some decent young talent and we have the basis of a decent team which just needs a bit more depth. There are rumours that Ings left because of falling out with Ralph and the press releases certainly show that both are being evasive. If true, what has that got to do with Kat (and what does her size have to do with anything) or Gao? If things were that bad at the club how come we have any players left here?
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:47 - Aug 6 with 817 viewsSaintsforeverj

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:04 - Aug 6 by barry_sanchez

He'll fall back to his default position of when he can't or is able to fully reply, it'll be
"well at least we have a club to support"
"stop moaning we're in the Premier League and we're punching above our weight"

Stock answers shows not only ambivalence but also acceptance of crap, that said Southampton FC is riddled with such "fans", the grateful brigade.

I think the fans will turn if we have a bad start, after having sold Ings and having such a thin squad,plus we wait to see if the money is reinvested in the team and the ward Prowse situation. You will then ofcourse always get a few fans shouting get behind the team etc (those who don't seem to mind losing every week) and there could be trouble at games. Ings probably fell out with Ralph because Ralph didn't want him to go! It hurts a manager I'm sure, when a player thinks he is better off at Villa.

But why did he go? Because Villa are aiming higher and they pay him more. And who's fault is it that we can't pay him the same and arn't aiming as high as Villa. Ofcourse it's the owners. Ultimately though, people will vote with their feet. Season ticket sales are way down this year, whilst Villa.have sold more than 30 000. And that's because their owners are giving them something to be excited about.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 19:26 - Aug 6 with 762 viewsSadoldgit

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 17:47 - Aug 6 by Saintsforeverj

I think the fans will turn if we have a bad start, after having sold Ings and having such a thin squad,plus we wait to see if the money is reinvested in the team and the ward Prowse situation. You will then ofcourse always get a few fans shouting get behind the team etc (those who don't seem to mind losing every week) and there could be trouble at games. Ings probably fell out with Ralph because Ralph didn't want him to go! It hurts a manager I'm sure, when a player thinks he is better off at Villa.

But why did he go? Because Villa are aiming higher and they pay him more. And who's fault is it that we can't pay him the same and arn't aiming as high as Villa. Ofcourse it's the owners. Ultimately though, people will vote with their feet. Season ticket sales are way down this year, whilst Villa.have sold more than 30 000. And that's because their owners are giving them something to be excited about.

I don’t know if it is true or not but I did read that we were prepared to match whatever he was offered elsewhere. We also made him an offer which was a club record.
As for Villa being more ambitious. Is it ambitious to sell you best player? They are a mid table side who will probably still be a mid table side. What kind of ambition is that?
Ings has gone from wanting to play CL football to joining a side that will be competing for a mid table place. Ambitious?
Most of the PL are happy just not to get relegated. Villa are amongst those. You might not see that as ambition but given the tv money involved it is no bad thing is it?
Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 21:32 - Aug 6 with 692 viewsButty101

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 19:26 - Aug 6 by Sadoldgit

I don’t know if it is true or not but I did read that we were prepared to match whatever he was offered elsewhere. We also made him an offer which was a club record.
As for Villa being more ambitious. Is it ambitious to sell you best player? They are a mid table side who will probably still be a mid table side. What kind of ambition is that?
Ings has gone from wanting to play CL football to joining a side that will be competing for a mid table place. Ambitious?
Most of the PL are happy just not to get relegated. Villa are amongst those. You might not see that as ambition but given the tv money involved it is no bad thing is it?

It must be depressing being you

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 22:34 - Aug 6 with 652 viewsSadoldgit

Why Danny Ings Broke Southampton Hearts on 21:32 - Aug 6 by Butty101

It must be depressing being you

Thanks for your contribution.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024