Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's 09:55 - Aug 24 with 3899 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/55579/is-stuart-armstron

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 10:23 - Aug 24 with 3844 viewssaint22

I do hope not, he should start every game in my book, he gives us that extra something we don't have otherwise
If he is homesick then so be it and I would wish him well, if Ralph wants rid then that would be most odd and disappointing
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 10:34 - Aug 24 with 3829 viewsSadoldgit

It seems this rumour was started when his name was wrongly mention about leaving in a tweet. His name was soon removed but by then the rumour mill was in full swing, fuelled by his not starting yet this season. Unless there is some new information I think we can safely assume that he is going nowhere.
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 10:48 - Aug 24 with 3800 viewsVeloSaint

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 10:34 - Aug 24 by Sadoldgit

It seems this rumour was started when his name was wrongly mention about leaving in a tweet. His name was soon removed but by then the rumour mill was in full swing, fuelled by his not starting yet this season. Unless there is some new information I think we can safely assume that he is going nowhere.

According to Alan Nixon the journo, there is a club interested in him. It was him that put Christie together (2+2) in the story at the weekend. So there is potentially legs in this, even more so if he wants to return north and the club interested almost by default is Celtic. Given Armstrong featured in pre-season he would have been on the bench Sunday as he was at Everton, so either he has an injury or he's been unsettled/refusing to play.
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 11:08 - Aug 24 with 3771 viewsSadoldgit

If it is true that he wanted to return north, why wait until the start of the season to throw your toys out of the pram? I think it was Nixon who started the rumour by adding 2+2 and making 3,267.
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 11:20 - Aug 24 with 3752 viewsthissceptredsaint

Has Alan Nixon ever been pro Saints?
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 12:29 - Aug 24 with 3667 viewsSalisburySaint

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 11:20 - Aug 24 by thissceptredsaint

Has Alan Nixon ever been pro Saints?

hope this is just a false rumour, as he is vital to our team IMO

Really miss his drive in midfield and goals when he's not in the team
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 13:41 - Aug 24 with 3586 viewsDorsetIan

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 12:29 - Aug 24 by SalisburySaint

Exactly. He is one of the few players who instinctively pushes forward from midfield.

Some talk recently of pushing Livramento forward to right midfield but then where does Stu Armstrong go? For all that Livramento looks really good, I don't think we are yet at the stage of thinking Armstrong surplus to requirements.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 14:22 - Aug 24 with 3545 viewsSaintNick

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 13:41 - Aug 24 by DorsetIan

Exactly. He is one of the few players who instinctively pushes forward from midfield.

Some talk recently of pushing Livramento forward to right midfield but then where does Stu Armstrong go? For all that Livramento looks really good, I don't think we are yet at the stage of thinking Armstrong surplus to requirements.

I think you are right Armstrong isnt surplus to requirement and if we play both him and Livramento there is the option to play either of them on the left.

The good thing is that we now have some options in all departments

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 14:28 - Aug 24 with 3537 viewsSadoldgit

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 12:29 - Aug 24 by SalisburySaint

I can’t find anything to back up this rumour and think that is all it is. As we know, most rumours are nonsense. Ralph seems to think highly of him too. I really don’t think we need to worry about it.
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 14:37 - Aug 24 with 3529 viewsgrumpy

Back to Celtic?
Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 15:40 - Aug 24 with 3473 viewsDorsetIan

Is Stuart Armstrong Heading Out Of St Mary's on 14:22 - Aug 24 by SaintNick

I think you are right Armstrong isnt surplus to requirement and if we play both him and Livramento there is the option to play either of them on the left.

The good thing is that we now have some options in all departments

More options now, certainly.

We were commenting at the weekend that it always used to be the case that we were more fluid attacking down the left, with Bertrand and Redmond seeming to work well together and it was the right side of the attack that looked the less joined up.

Now it's flipped the other way with a lot of attacking strength on the right and it still being a work in progress on the left.

I was encouraged though by the stuff from Perraud this week saying that he had struck up an off the field friendship with Djenepo and I noticed a couple of times him encouraging Djenepo on Sunday. If those two could build some on field chemistry then I might even have to change my mind about Djenepo! He does put a shift in, I will certainly give him that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024