Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yan Valery 09:38 - Apr 17 with 1390 viewsSaintNick

I know he did a sloppy back pass, but overall I think he is getting back to the form he has a few years ago when we all thought he was going to be brilliant, I would say worth a new deal in the summer, as he offers options in several positions

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Yan Valery on 09:48 - Apr 17 with 1336 viewsPatfromPoole

I think he’s quite a bit like Jack Stephens.

You’re always nervous when he’s playing, as he invariably has a mistake in him.

But he isn’t that bad overall.

We could do worse.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Yan Valery on 09:54 - Apr 17 with 1313 viewsSaintNick

Yan Valery on 09:48 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I think he’s quite a bit like Jack Stephens.

You’re always nervous when he’s playing, as he invariably has a mistake in him.

But he isn’t that bad overall.

We could do worse.

He is a good squad player for a club of our size, yes he has a mistake in him, but that could be because he has played so little football in the last 3 years

Yan Valery on 11:46 - Apr 17 with 1216 viewsCity_boy

Squad player at best. Has too many (big) mistakes in him and switches off at key moments.

He got away with it twice yesterday.
Yan Valery on 12:27 - Apr 17 with 1182 viewsSaintsforeverj

Not sure what to say about Valery. He does a steady job, but he is a bit dodgy at times, and nearly cost us a goal yesterday from a dreadful mistake. Not sure about him playing centre back to be honest. Lyanco I thought looked good and is a real character.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 12:27]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Yan Valery on 14:37 - Apr 17 with 1100 viewsDorsetIan

He’s never been brilliant and I can’t remember anyone thinking he was.

I agree that he’s getting better though. He’s put in some good performances this season.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Yan Valery on 16:58 - Apr 17 with 1014 viewsdarthvader

Ive read somewhere hes on 2k a week so im sure he would welcome a new deal .

Keep up the performances he will be on 20 times as much .

Something has been afoot in his private life though so hopefully that is straightend out so he can get back to his best

keep the faith coyr

Yan Valery on 18:38 - Apr 17 with 930 viewsPatfromPoole

Yan Valery on 16:58 - Apr 17 by darthvader

Ive read somewhere hes on 2k a week so im sure he would welcome a new deal .

Keep up the performances he will be on 20 times as much .

Something has been afoot in his private life though so hopefully that is straightend out so he can get back to his best

£2k a week?

How can he survive on that???

He must pretend to have to tie his shoelaces when it’s his round at the bar….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Yan Valery on 19:09 - Apr 17 with 890 viewsBerber

Yan Valery on 09:54 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

He is a good squad player for a club of our size, yes he has a mistake in him, but that could be because he has played so little football in the last 3 years

It was because of his mistakes that he got dropped so often. He is faster than Stephens though, and overall, I agree that he is a decent squad player. Maybe time for Jack to move on.
Login to get fewer ads

Yan Valery on 21:18 - Apr 17 with 814 viewsBicester_North

Yan Valery on 12:27 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

Not sure what to say about Valery. He does a steady job, but he is a bit dodgy at times, and nearly cost us a goal yesterday from a dreadful mistake. Not sure about him playing centre back to be honest. Lyanco I thought looked good and is a real character.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 12:27]

I’m not sure about this “character” stuff. Lovren was a bit of a “character”, and gave it the big one about Saints until the first sniff of something better. Prefer a quiet pro who gets his head down like Romeu.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Yan Valery on 21:21 - Apr 17 with 810 viewsSaintsforeverj

Yan Valery on 21:18 - Apr 17 by Bicester_North

I’m not sure about this “character” stuff. Lovren was a bit of a “character”, and gave it the big one about Saints until the first sniff of something better. Prefer a quiet pro who gets his head down like Romeu.

Fair point. And Ward-Prowse ofcourse. Lyanco dancing to the music yesterday though with the crowd was quite funny
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 21:22]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Yan Valery on 21:29 - Apr 17 with 794 viewsBicester_North

Yan Valery on 21:21 - Apr 17 by Saintsforeverj

Fair point. And Ward-Prowse ofcourse. Lyanco dancing to the music yesterday though with the crowd was quite funny
[Post edited 17 Apr 2022 21:22]

Yes and him. The dressing room needs a few shouters and lively lads of course but as long as they have some integrity. I do think a bit that Saints lack a real vocal leader which they could do with when chips are down eg the Chelsea match

Case for instance was quiet but always reliable, Ruddock a loon but backed it up on the pitch. Just these lads that are around now seem more mercenary than ever, especially those that come from foreign leagues. Lyanco could be great of course but just saying I’m a bit suspicious when they go OTT on social media etc

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Yan Valery on 10:19 - Apr 18 with 569 viewsSaintNick

Yan Valery on 19:09 - Apr 17 by Berber

It was because of his mistakes that he got dropped so often. He is faster than Stephens though, and overall, I agree that he is a decent squad player. Maybe time for Jack to move on.

With respect to everyone here, some need to check their stats before making assumptions.

Yan Valery made his league debut for the club in December 2018 against Manchester united in a 2-2 draw and was a revelation, he went on to play pretty much all the games for the remainder of the season , scoring two goals, the first a scorcher at Old Trafford and the second an equaliser against Spurs at St Mary's that sparked a 2-1 victory.

He started the next season in the first team and then fell out of favour after 3 games and has been a bit player ever since, due to issues with his off field lifestyle allegedly.

So to say he has never been a revelation as another poster said is not true, back in early 2019 he was seen as the latest new kid on the block, saying he has been dropped often is not true as mentioned he has only played odd games here and there in the last couple of seasons, he is at a turning point in his career, he could still have a future at St Mary's, but he needs to play games

Yan Valery on 10:41 - Apr 18 with 540 viewssaintwizzler

It shows where we need to strengthen in the summer when he is playing as a Centre Back.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Yan Valery on 10:43 - Apr 18 with 538 viewspjt50

Yan Valery on 10:19 - Apr 18 by SaintNick

With respect to everyone here, some need to check their stats before making assumptions.

Yan Valery made his league debut for the club in December 2018 against Manchester united in a 2-2 draw and was a revelation, he went on to play pretty much all the games for the remainder of the season , scoring two goals, the first a scorcher at Old Trafford and the second an equaliser against Spurs at St Mary's that sparked a 2-1 victory.

He started the next season in the first team and then fell out of favour after 3 games and has been a bit player ever since, due to issues with his off field lifestyle allegedly.

So to say he has never been a revelation as another poster said is not true, back in early 2019 he was seen as the latest new kid on the block, saying he has been dropped often is not true as mentioned he has only played odd games here and there in the last couple of seasons, he is at a turning point in his career, he could still have a future at St Mary's, but he needs to play games

I make it we've only lost one of the nine games, in all competitions, he's started this season (not counting the Chelsea defeat on pens). Probably more to do with the system than his performances — but that's a whole new thread.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024