Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale 11:19 - Apr 29 with 2236 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/20102945.amp/

If this is true, perhaps the first sign of how the new owners will be going forward. He has a long contract, if another club wants him, they should pay 100 million or nothing imo.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 19:33 - Apr 29 with 2101 viewsSadoldgit

If we are not going to sell him there is no point in speculating about a price. For a change perhaps we can focus on better players coming in this summer rather than losing the family silver 😎
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 20:42 - Apr 29 with 2067 views1teeminants

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 19:33 - Apr 29 by Sadoldgit

If we are not going to sell him there is no point in speculating about a price. For a change perhaps we can focus on better players coming in this summer rather than losing the family silver 😎

Yes we can only hope . How refreshing would that be 👍

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 07:29 - Apr 30 with 1923 viewsgrumpy

Haven't we heard this all before?
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 10:07 - Apr 30 with 1842 viewsSadoldgit

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 20:42 - Apr 29 by 1teeminants

Yes we can only hope . How refreshing would that be 👍

Wouldn’t it just. The only way I can see him leaving is if he pushes for a move himself. Fortunately he seems to be a level headed guy who likes it here and hasn’t had his head turned (yet) by the bright lights elsewhere. At some point he may well want to move on to try and win trophies, but hopefully we can enjoy him for another couple of seasons yet.
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 14:49 - May 1 with 1699 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news

Lots of rumours today about Ward-Prowse. Could be agents stirring it, could be Saints pushing the price up. Saints seem to have said he isn't for sale, but every player has their price. Would we turn down 75m to 100 m?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 14:51]

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 17:04 - May 1 with 1611 viewssledger

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 14:49 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news

Lots of rumours today about Ward-Prowse. Could be agents stirring it, could be Saints pushing the price up. Saints seem to have said he isn't for sale, but every player has their price. Would we turn down 75m to 100 m?
[Post edited 1 May 2022 14:51]

i would snap there arm off for that sort of money
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 17:07 - May 1 with 1607 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 17:04 - May 1 by sledger

i would snap there arm off for that sort of money

That's the thing isn't it. With that sort of.money, we could buy 2 or 3 top quality players at 25 million plus.

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 19:50 - May 1 with 1564 viewsMessysaints

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 17:07 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

That's the thing isn't it. With that sort of.money, we could buy 2 or 3 top quality players at 25 million plus.

Not very likely to be buying 2 - 3 top quality players at 25 mill though, more like 10 - 15 mill and itll be 1 or 2 max and they will not even be brought with next season in mind but for the future like pretty much all our transfers.

Do you really want to weaken an already weak side?

we need to improve it.
Login to get fewer ads

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 20:09 - May 1 with 1554 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 19:50 - May 1 by Messysaints

Not very likely to be buying 2 - 3 top quality players at 25 mill though, more like 10 - 15 mill and itll be 1 or 2 max and they will not even be brought with next season in mind but for the future like pretty much all our transfers.

Do you really want to weaken an already weak side?

we need to improve it.

All depends on a lot of things really. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward-Prowse, he's a proper professional player who is a good player. But he's obviously one player. If we could use the money to buy a top striker, replace him with a quality midfielder and a good defender, it might make the team better overall. Will the new owners be willing to spend a bit more on players than we have in the past and use the money to buy a couple of 30 million pound players? There are a few unknowns. Ward-Prowse may or may not want to go too, so it's pie in the sky but just saying if we did get 75 million plus for him and Ward-Prowse wanted to go, it might be to the benefit of the team.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 20:09]

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:05 - May 1 with 1513 viewsMessysaints

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 20:09 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

All depends on a lot of things really. Don't get me wrong, I like Ward-Prowse, he's a proper professional player who is a good player. But he's obviously one player. If we could use the money to buy a top striker, replace him with a quality midfielder and a good defender, it might make the team better overall. Will the new owners be willing to spend a bit more on players than we have in the past and use the money to buy a couple of 30 million pound players? There are a few unknowns. Ward-Prowse may or may not want to go too, so it's pie in the sky but just saying if we did get 75 million plus for him and Ward-Prowse wanted to go, it might be to the benefit of the team.

that is a big might, we will buy 1-2 max 10 - 15 mill none prem proven with a couple of young not ready for first team for a 5-7 years in the future youth, rest will get swollowed up in agent fees and signing bonuses and wages.

Thats a huge drop in quality, you dont buy good players for less than 30 mill, and any thing under 20 is Championship quality with potential....

So as i said, we will be seeling our top assist, top scorer, and best mid field player and our most important player for a couple of maybes that wont even be maybes untill the following season at best........
[Post edited 1 May 2022 21:06]
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:16 - May 1 with 1502 viewsA1079

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 20:09 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

If we want to progress to the next level we need to retain our best players and sell the ones that are clearly not going to develop us as a team. Yes, we may get millions for JWP but will we spend it wisely or even at all?

Our record of improving on quality players that we have sold is not good.

What did we do with all that money from Van Dijk and how many seasons have passed without a decent defender since - it has been our achilles heel (though our strikers scoring rate is not much to write home about)?
Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:27 - May 1 with 1490 viewsSaintsforeverj

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:05 - May 1 by Messysaints

that is a big might, we will buy 1-2 max 10 - 15 mill none prem proven with a couple of young not ready for first team for a 5-7 years in the future youth, rest will get swollowed up in agent fees and signing bonuses and wages.

Thats a huge drop in quality, you dont buy good players for less than 30 mill, and any thing under 20 is Championship quality with potential....

So as i said, we will be seeling our top assist, top scorer, and best mid field player and our most important player for a couple of maybes that wont even be maybes untill the following season at best........
[Post edited 1 May 2022 21:06]

We don't know how we will invest. This time last summer we had Gao. Now we have new owners. None of us know if we would buy one player for 30 million and one more at 20 or whatever. We don't know because we have new owners. All I do know is that when we sold 5 players before Koeman arrived, everyone panicked but it was reinvested in the team (Mane, Pelle, Tadic) and we got better. Ofcourse I'd rather keep Ward-Prowse and vastly improve the team as well but new owners or not, that probably won't happen. What I do know is that we need a 30 million pound proper striker and a 30 million pound proper decent defender. If we had 100 million in the bank, they might well spend it.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 21:30]

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:50 - May 1 with 1467 viewsElijahK

Ward-Prowse - Not for sale on 21:27 - May 1 by Saintsforeverj

We don't know how we will invest. This time last summer we had Gao. Now we have new owners. None of us know if we would buy one player for 30 million and one more at 20 or whatever. We don't know because we have new owners. All I do know is that when we sold 5 players before Koeman arrived, everyone panicked but it was reinvested in the team (Mane, Pelle, Tadic) and we got better. Ofcourse I'd rather keep Ward-Prowse and vastly improve the team as well but new owners or not, that probably won't happen. What I do know is that we need a 30 million pound proper striker and a 30 million pound proper decent defender. If we had 100 million in the bank, they might well spend it.
[Post edited 1 May 2022 21:30]

Yeah but then there’s the risk that it’ll be like the money we got for Van Dijk that took years to spend, but as it was split up for soo many signings, the quality of them were just soo poor meaning that almost all the signings were dead wood ones that we regretted after just 1/2 seasons, whilst making bigger signings (like 30mil+ ones) won’t be as major of a difference/let down.
But I guess this upcoming transfer market will certainly be one of the most interesting ones we’ve had in quite some time (especially if they really want us to become the next red bull like setup with us being the major team)

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024