Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Football is a lifestyle choice” 06:03 - Sep 7 with 1376 viewsPatfromPoole

Bloody stupid judge.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/09/06/glasgow-court-rules-football-is-not-a-religion-bu

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 07:49 - Sep 7 with 1287 viewskingslandstand1

I'd appeal!!
“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 08:00 - Sep 7 with 1277 viewsthissceptredsaint

Much as I find that football clubs fans and indeed their beliefs odious I do find it odd that given the man's immersion and consistency of involvement with this institution his passion is minimised like this. Especially given that males like Eddie Izzard and Pippa Bunce are privileged in their demands for acceptance of their identities as real . The blokes cross dress on and off and we are told when they don a skirt they magically become another sex. So yes it may be worth appealing
“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 08:16 - Sep 7 with 1258 viewsdirk_doone

No wonder his case got thrown out. He's not even a season ticket holder and only attends 'the odd away game'. His legal costs are going to cost him a lot more than a season ticket.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 08:56 - Sep 7 with 1204 viewsPatfromPoole

On the bright side, I suppose that this provides legitimacy for turning down a Skate for a job if they were to happen to apply……

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 09:09 - Sep 7 with 1188 viewsSaintNick

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 08:16 - Sep 7 by dirk_doone

No wonder his case got thrown out. He's not even a season ticket holder and only attends 'the odd away game'. His legal costs are going to cost him a lot more than a season ticket.

I would suggest that for most football is a lifestyle choice, if you live fairly near the club you support and you aren't a season ticket holder and go every week (other than for financial reasons) then you are making a lifestyle choice when you don't attend.

Those who are actually "religious" about it and never miss a game home or away are fairly few at this club at least, or at most these days given limited ticket allocations for away games.

We are all Saints supporters, but some choose to be more fanatical about it than others,, it is always a lifestyle choice for the rest of us, if we choose to go out with the family this Saturday instead of going to see the game against Brentford, then that is a lifestyle choice.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 10:42 - Sep 7 with 1099 viewsPatfromPoole

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 09:09 - Sep 7 by SaintNick

I would suggest that for most football is a lifestyle choice, if you live fairly near the club you support and you aren't a season ticket holder and go every week (other than for financial reasons) then you are making a lifestyle choice when you don't attend.

Those who are actually "religious" about it and never miss a game home or away are fairly few at this club at least, or at most these days given limited ticket allocations for away games.

We are all Saints supporters, but some choose to be more fanatical about it than others,, it is always a lifestyle choice for the rest of us, if we choose to go out with the family this Saturday instead of going to see the game against Brentford, then that is a lifestyle choice.

If we choose to go out with the family on the Saturday and the team lose, it still puts a cloud over much of the weekend in a way that not many other things do.

On the flip side, football provides moments of great happiness in a way which religious people can perhaps sometimes get. Can't say I can relate to the latter myself, but each to their own.

I didn't put this thread up with the intention of it turning into a debate on a league ladder of fanaticism, but as I am not currently attending home games, I shall take my non lofty place near the bottom.

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 1020 viewsSaintNick

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 10:42 - Sep 7 by PatfromPoole

If we choose to go out with the family on the Saturday and the team lose, it still puts a cloud over much of the weekend in a way that not many other things do.

On the flip side, football provides moments of great happiness in a way which religious people can perhaps sometimes get. Can't say I can relate to the latter myself, but each to their own.

I didn't put this thread up with the intention of it turning into a debate on a league ladder of fanaticism, but as I am not currently attending home games, I shall take my non lofty place near the bottom.

Its not a debate on football fanatism, just a observation on the court case, most of us feel the pain when the team lose whether we go or not, but most of us also have to make a lifestyle choice to whatever degree, especially when we have families and commitments

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 12:47 - Sep 7 with 966 viewsfranniesTache

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 08:56 - Sep 7 by PatfromPoole

On the bright side, I suppose that this provides legitimacy for turning down a Skate for a job if they were to happen to apply……

Some of us might've been doing that for years already
Login to get fewer ads

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 15:47 - Sep 7 with 833 viewssaintwizzler

“Football is a lifestyle choice” on 10:42 - Sep 7 by PatfromPoole

I miss you bae x

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024