Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Jay Morgan 08:15 - Feb 1 with 2544 views1teeminants

Gone to Chelsea.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 08:55 - Feb 1 with 2463 viewsButty101

I dont blame him, he wont get a game here and probably now has financial security having never played a first team game. Not bad for 17years old.

I would like to see Ballard given ago off the bench, but you get the impression our youth system is going to be completely ignored.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 2424 viewsUTS1885

All about the money for him and agent and he wont get a game at chelsea.
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 09:46 - Feb 1 with 2392 views1teeminants

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 08:55 - Feb 1 by Butty101

I dont blame him, he wont get a game here and probably now has financial security having never played a first team game. Not bad for 17years old.

I would like to see Ballard given ago off the bench, but you get the impression our youth system is going to be completely ignored.

I think any young player who doesn’t realise staying at a club like Saints is the best thing for them is either really badly advised or plain stupid.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 09:59 - Feb 1 with 2366 viewsdirk_doone

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 09:29 - Feb 1 by UTS1885

All about the money for him and agent and he wont get a game at chelsea.

He wouldn't get a game here either. Our manager doesn't like playing our Academy youngsters and they know it.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 9:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 10:32 - Feb 1 with 2298 viewsUTS1885

I dont see why someone who has just turned 17yrs old is duty bound to get a game here from the U18. It wouldnt happen at any premier league and his appearances in Cup games is about right.

Is this video on social media actually him giving it the bigun in the chelsea end towards Saints fans ?
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 10:33 - Feb 1 with 2293 viewsUTS1885

?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 2092 viewssledger

another billy big bollux that will finish up in the football league,bye bye
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 19:52 - Feb 1 with 1919 viewswashington_saint

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:29 - Feb 1 by sledger

another billy big bollux that will finish up in the football league,bye bye

Playing devils advocate, if the lad was frustrated at not seeing a path to the 1st team any time soon why not get paid 3 times as much at Chelsea?

There is someone who obviously has inside knowledge that says Ballard and Doyle are also refusing to sign new contracts as they don;t see any pathway to the 1st team

A good example is this pacy winger signed for a club record whereas Tella was farmed out on loan.
Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 23:37 - Feb 1 with 1805 viewssledger

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 19:52 - Feb 1 by washington_saint

Playing devils advocate, if the lad was frustrated at not seeing a path to the 1st team any time soon why not get paid 3 times as much at Chelsea?

There is someone who obviously has inside knowledge that says Ballard and Doyle are also refusing to sign new contracts as they don;t see any pathway to the 1st team

A good example is this pacy winger signed for a club record whereas Tella was farmed out on loan.

are they getting 3x as much,the money didnt stop dibling coming back,ballard and doyle probably tapped up by that mercenary shields and tella has probably hit his peak level at present hence we signed another.
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 10:53 - Feb 2 with 1643 viewscocklebreath

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 09:46 - Feb 1 by 1teeminants

I think any young player who doesn’t realise staying at a club like Saints is the best thing for them is either really badly advised or plain stupid.

He only get a game here either, I know how cut throat academy football is and if his standard slipped we’d be getting rid of him, it cuts both ways

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 13:24 - Feb 2 with 1598 viewsthissceptredsaint

We have players who are at England level in their age groups who don't get picked yet it's sold to us as a big deal when we sign raw talent from other clubs academies who play at England level for their ages and they go straight in. Is it wonder if our lads are fxcked off. This is not nurturing talent
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:22 - Feb 2 with 1576 viewsSaintNick

Morgan going was a done deal long before the international break, absolutely nothing to do with whether the manager would or wouldn't give him a game or not.

Purely about money, someone made a point earlier that he would have been better off staying here to get game time, that is spot on, but by going to Chelsea he secures his financial future.

Stays here and he gets £15- 20 k a week if we choose to break the bank for him, if he suffers a career ending injury he will be out of the game with £500 k or so in his bank maximum.

Goes to Chelsea on a decent deal and he will quadruple that

Thats why so many of players who at 17/18 are world beaters dont go on to greater things, they are so wealthy by the time they are 20 that they havent the inner hunger and desire needed to reach the top,

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:46 - Feb 2 with 1557 viewssaints__fan__73

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:22 - Feb 2 by SaintNick

Morgan going was a done deal long before the international break, absolutely nothing to do with whether the manager would or wouldn't give him a game or not.

Purely about money, someone made a point earlier that he would have been better off staying here to get game time, that is spot on, but by going to Chelsea he secures his financial future.

Stays here and he gets £15- 20 k a week if we choose to break the bank for him, if he suffers a career ending injury he will be out of the game with £500 k or so in his bank maximum.

Thats why so many of players who at 17/18 are world beaters dont go on to greater things, they are so wealthy by the time they are 20 that they havent the inner hunger and desire needed to reach the top,

All about money what a load of bollux.

As Dirk said our Academy players know they won't get picked for any first team time as it is chock full of Academy players from other clubs.

Chelsea have a great record of developing their academy players into decent first team players. Just not with Chelsea.

Their loan dealings are far more professional than us sending kids out to L1/L2 or St Mirren!

The only Academy player in our team at present is pushing 30!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 15:06 - Feb 2 with 1543 viewsSaintNick

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 14:46 - Feb 2 by saints__fan__73

All about money what a load of bollux.

As Dirk said our Academy players know they won't get picked for any first team time as it is chock full of Academy players from other clubs.

Chelsea have a great record of developing their academy players into decent first team players. Just not with Chelsea.

Their loan dealings are far more professional than us sending kids out to L1/L2 or St Mirren!

The only Academy player in our team at present is pushing 30!

Of course it is all Bollux how silly of me to think that it was something as trivial as money, how silly of me to think that Dominic Ballard and Lewis Payne didn't play in the League Cup earlier this season.

How silly of me to forget just how many of our academy players have gone on to play Premier League football in recent years.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 16:08 - Feb 2 with 1518 viewssaints__fan__73

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 15:06 - Feb 2 by SaintNick

Of course it is all Bollux how silly of me to think that it was something as trivial as money, how silly of me to think that Dominic Ballard and Lewis Payne didn't play in the League Cup earlier this season.

How silly of me to forget just how many of our academy players have gone on to play Premier League football in recent years.

Do you mean like Harrison Reed who got little/no 1st team time here but is now an established PL player while we spent around £40m on Claise, Lemina and Diallo - none of whom are as good as him?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 16:26 - Feb 2 with 1501 viewsButty101

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 15:06 - Feb 2 by SaintNick

Nick the youth academy has been poor for few years. Players just are not breaking through. The fact we have signed 16 players this season tells you all you need to know.

Ralph played a few but where are they now? Some in non league or the far reaches of the Scottish league

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 18:29 - Feb 2 with 1425 viewsBLEEDRED

Chelsea are heading for a fall, if they don't qualify for the Champion League they will properly breach the FFP rules, they have only avoided it so far by signing players on very long contacts (up to 7 years) so that the transfer fees do not show in the annual accounts.
So what is the incentive for players, if their form dips no problem as they can pick up 100K + per week for many years
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 1417 viewssledger

youre saying he has gone to chelsea on 60-80 thousand a week,i could be wrong but somehow i doubt its that much
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 19:21 - Feb 2 with 1387 viewsGRIM

I'd like to know how much it cost's us to run our Academy.
I read in an earlier post that our Academy has produced many players in recent years.
That is just not true, the production line of our Academy has dried up in recent years.
We are now resorting to bringing in young players from other clubs Academies rather than use our own.
If I were a young player at our Academy I'd be very concerned knowing that there's very little chance of getting into our 1st team.
Just look at how many of our youngsters have just been loaned out to other clubs in this transfer window (Lewis Payne who has had 1st team experience has gone to non lge club Eastleigh).
To justify the cost of running the academy we need to produce at least one player per season that breaks into our 1st team or we sell on at a decent profit.
This is not happening so if we continue to look outside of our Academy for young players then we just as well do away with our so called 1st class Academy.
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 19:49 - Feb 2 with 1359 viewssledger

the level of worldwide talent in the premier league makes it really difficult nigh on impossible to breakthrough
Jimmy Jay Morgan on 20:31 - Feb 2 with 1344 viewsGRIM

Jimmy Jay Morgan on 19:49 - Feb 2 by sledger

the level of worldwide talent in the premier league makes it really difficult nigh on impossible to breakthrough

Not strictly true.
Look at Man City, they are currently giving regular games to two of their own Academy players.
Plus they've sold 4 of their academy players to us, 3 of which are regulars in our 1st team ( the 4th players had been playing until he got injured).
So that proves that despite the volume of Big Money imports to our game there are still opportunities for young talent to progress from Academies if they are good enough & managed correctly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024