Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict 09:30 - Feb 27 with 1250 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59705/southampton-at-lee

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 15:20 - Feb 27 with 1033 viewsRon11

'Ibrahim Diallo caught napping.'
Well there's a surprise, not seen that happen before.
Alcaraz must be well impressed.
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 1023 viewsHollywood56

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 15:20 - Feb 27 by Ron11

'Ibrahim Diallo caught napping.'
Well there's a surprise, not seen that happen before.
Alcaraz must be well impressed.

Can somebody please tell me what Bednaek contributed apart from Fu** All. he gave away the ball more than most, and then blocked the keepers view for the goal, why did we call him back from his loan????????
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 16:18 - Feb 27 with 978 viewssaint901

A poor performance from all concerned.

Tactically we were a shambles. Against a team that concedes goals for fun, we were limp and failed to make a decent chance.

The problem with having a 9 foot giant at CF is the temptation to knock it long (which we did) and get players around them (which we did not).

Defensively we looked unorganised and in a panic most of the time.

Just though when it looked like the defence may have forgotten their instructions and actually started to play with some composure, the subs came on and disrupted everything.

Poor management.

Some individuals errors as well - Bazunu for the goal and Bednarek on several occasions.

Even the dross teams around us are picking up some points and we now need to outperform the bottom six teams by at least three results in the next 15 or so games. Not impossible but based on present performance, not likely.

I suspect JWP, KWP, Bella-Kotchap Perraud are all warming their agents up for a move in the summer.
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 16:30 - Feb 27 with 965 viewsgrumpy

The Verdict PATHECTIC

Leeds wanted more and got what they deserved.

Does the club expect fans to pay their hard earned money to turn up when the team they support doesn't try harder than that?
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 17:28 - Feb 27 with 904 views1ASIN12

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 16:18 - Feb 27 by saint901

Tactically we were a shambles. Against a team that concedes goals for fun, we were limp and failed to make a decent chance.

The problem with having a 9 foot giant at CF is the temptation to knock it long (which we did) and get players around them (which we did not).

Just though when it looked like the defence may have forgotten their instructions and actually started to play with some composure, the subs came on and disrupted everything.

Poor management.

Some individuals errors as well - Bazunu for the goal and Bednarek on several occasions.

Even the dross teams around us are picking up some points and we now need to outperform the bottom six teams by at least three results in the next 15 or so games. Not impossible but based on present performance, not likely.

I suspect JWP, KWP, Bella-Kotchap Perraud are all warming their agents up for a move in the summer.

Id say this is a more acruate report than Nicks - we were very poor and 2nd best to everything.

If one team were going to win it, it was always going to be leeds.
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 17:53 - Feb 27 with 880 viewsSouthamptonfan

"Now though the excuses have run out, it is time to stop pointing the finger and it is time for the players themselves to step up to the plate."

Good point about the players and I agree. They are grown men getting a lot of money. They need to stand up, man up, and start giving their absolute all (like they did at Chelsea) in every game. You are right, Nathan Jones didn't tell the defenders not to mark at Fulham in the 88th minute and leave a striker completely unmarked Likewise, Selles didn't tell Bednerac to just stand there and not tackle, he didn't tell the new winger not to chase a ball down and Ralph had the same issues. These players just don't give their all 100% of the time or they're lazy, they give up, arn't brave enough or whatever it is. The players shouldnt be getting off lightly. Their only valid excuse is that they can't help it if they arn't good enough I suppose.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 18:32]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 19:38 - Feb 27 with 773 viewssledger

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 17:53 - Feb 27 by Southamptonfan

"Now though the excuses have run out, it is time to stop pointing the finger and it is time for the players themselves to step up to the plate."

Good point about the players and I agree. They are grown men getting a lot of money. They need to stand up, man up, and start giving their absolute all (like they did at Chelsea) in every game. You are right, Nathan Jones didn't tell the defenders not to mark at Fulham in the 88th minute and leave a striker completely unmarked Likewise, Selles didn't tell Bednerac to just stand there and not tackle, he didn't tell the new winger not to chase a ball down and Ralph had the same issues. These players just don't give their all 100% of the time or they're lazy, they give up, arn't brave enough or whatever it is. The players shouldnt be getting off lightly. Their only valid excuse is that they can't help it if they arn't good enough I suppose.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 18:32]

there is no excuse for not giving youre all,tell all these wasters if they have contract left at the end of the season then there staying next season,pull youre fingers out
Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 15:05 - Feb 28 with 644 views10i

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 16:18 - Feb 27 by saint901

Poor management.

Especially the thing about the subs is spot on. When we finally seemed to get a bit into the game in the second half, Selles totally ruined any momentum with some very strange subs.
It even seemed he had planned those three subs before the match started and just pulled them through without any sense of what was going on on the field.
So ended up chasing a game with Walcott, Mara, AA and Diallo on, which somehow didn't work out...
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Leeds United The Verdict on 15:36 - Feb 28 with 632 views1885_SFC

If I didn't know better, I'd begin to think (somewhat cynically perhaps) that the reason why the players reacted to Selles after the win at Chelsea & the strange subs used at Leeds... were because of being too matey/easy/pals with 'Selles The Friendly Coach'.

So much so infact that he's trying to keep them all happy by... well, playing them all FFS!

Old School is Cool

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024