Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
harrison reed 16:58 - Mar 19 with 1760 viewssaint22

looks a good player, like Tella, Forster and the like
harrison reed on 18:20 - Mar 19 with 1678 viewskernow

Yep .
Another one not deemed good enough !??????
No wonder we're in deep sh1t.
harrison reed on 11:13 - Mar 20 with 1527 viewsSaintNick

harrison reed on 18:20 - Mar 19 by kernow

Yep .
Another one not deemed good enough !??????
No wonder we're in deep sh1t.

Why do we always hanker after something after it's gone, Reed & Tella produced glimpses of talent whilst at Saints but never any real consistency and in the case of Reed he was deemed not good enough when we had some cracking midfielders ahead of him , Forster was good when he first game and reproduced some of his earlier form in his final year, but again wasn't consistent in the middle.

Harrison Reed started just 6 Premier League games for Saints plus 11 off the bench, yet he is talked about by some in revered terms, would he get in the team now ahead of Lavia & JWP ? Not a chance.

Likewise Nathan Tella 17 starts plus 16 off the bench for Saints in the Premier Legue, just 1 goal .

We have to start getting behind our own players and not bigging up players that in this case all three have not been outstanding in the Premier League consistently

More people bemoan the loss of Reed than Hojbjerg, that is possibly why we have declined

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

harrison reed on 11:28 - Mar 20 with 1521 viewssaints__fan__73

harrison reed on 11:13 - Mar 20 by SaintNick

Why do we always hanker after something after it's gone, Reed & Tella produced glimpses of talent whilst at Saints but never any real consistency and in the case of Reed he was deemed not good enough when we had some cracking midfielders ahead of him , Forster was good when he first game and reproduced some of his earlier form in his final year, but again wasn't consistent in the middle.

Harrison Reed started just 6 Premier League games for Saints plus 11 off the bench, yet he is talked about by some in revered terms, would he get in the team now ahead of Lavia & JWP ? Not a chance.

Likewise Nathan Tella 17 starts plus 16 off the bench for Saints in the Premier Legue, just 1 goal .

We have to start getting behind our own players and not bigging up players that in this case all three have not been outstanding in the Premier League consistently

More people bemoan the loss of Reed than Hojbjerg, that is possibly why we have declined

Reed has turned into a better PL player than Claise, Lemina and Diallo who cost the club tens of millions of pounds and were all bought while he was on the books.

Would have been better to persevere with him than buy that load of shite.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

harrison reed on 12:05 - Mar 20 with 1514 viewsBuggalugs

We never should have let Charlie Austin go. The guy bagged 4 at the weekend ffs. Exactly what we need. Typical Saints.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

harrison reed on 15:23 - Mar 20 with 1416 viewsSaintNick

harrison reed on 12:05 - Mar 20 by Buggalugs

We never should have let Charlie Austin go. The guy bagged 4 at the weekend ffs. Exactly what we need. Typical Saints.

Still only 33 could do a job

harrison reed on 16:16 - Mar 20 with 1396 viewsBerber

Spot on
harrison reed on 06:05 - Mar 21 with 1335 viewskernow

We've declined because of too many poor decisions being made by senior management and board.
Too much money that hasn't been earnt, squandered in an orgy of profligacy and mediocrity.
Saints used to be a well run club that very rarely signed players that didn't improve the squad and make a positive difference.
A player that comes up through the ranks has little chance of breaking through when there are expensive tourists blocking their career paths.
Should this kid, who has played a very significant role in transforming a newly promoted, yo yo team into a top ten force, not have been given more of a chance? A combative, aggressive, big hearted midfielder, who knows in which direction his team is playing.
He would be an asset to this current crop and I was against letting him go.
harrison reed on 07:29 - Mar 21 with 1311 viewssaint22

It’s not hankering after what’s gone
There are plenty of players who rightly left and equally plenty who should have stayed
Reed is performing week in weeknout for a top half team, we are crying out for a solid partner for JWP plus we have blown a fortune on bang average midfielders when maybe with the right coaching we already had them at our club
We have been desperate for a solid keeper for seasons now Forster is that and the mismanaging of our squad and talent is the issue here
Login to get fewer ads

harrison reed on 08:33 - Mar 21 with 1285 viewsBuggalugs

harrison reed on 07:29 - Mar 21 by saint22

It’s not hankering after what’s gone
There are plenty of players who rightly left and equally plenty who should have stayed
Reed is performing week in weeknout for a top half team, we are crying out for a solid partner for JWP plus we have blown a fortune on bang average midfielders when maybe with the right coaching we already had them at our club
We have been desperate for a solid keeper for seasons now Forster is that and the mismanaging of our squad and talent is the issue here

You're basically re-writing history with selective hindsight.

Forster was our keeper for 6 years, but after a couple of great seasons, his form nosedived and he was making calamitous errors pretty much every week, resulting in him becoming 2nd/3rd choice and eventually getting loaned to Celtic. You can't seriously tell me you were saying what a solid keeper he was then and how glad you were we gave him that £90k a week contract.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

harrison reed on 09:02 - Mar 22 with 1146 viewsSaintNick

harrison reed on 06:05 - Mar 21 by kernow

We've declined because of too many poor decisions being made by senior management and board.
Too much money that hasn't been earnt, squandered in an orgy of profligacy and mediocrity.
Saints used to be a well run club that very rarely signed players that didn't improve the squad and make a positive difference.
A player that comes up through the ranks has little chance of breaking through when there are expensive tourists blocking their career paths.
Should this kid, who has played a very significant role in transforming a newly promoted, yo yo team into a top ten force, not have been given more of a chance? A combative, aggressive, big hearted midfielder, who knows in which direction his team is playing.
He would be an asset to this current crop and I was against letting him go.

Despite our decline, the one area that has always remained strong has been the centre of the midfield, in the time you are talking about we had at various times at least 2 out of Steven Davis, JWP, Hojbjerg, Oriol Romeu, & now Romeo Lavia.

Would you have played Harrison Reed ahead of any of these combinations

harrison reed on 09:43 - Mar 22 with 1134 viewssaints__fan__73

harrison reed on 09:02 - Mar 22 by SaintNick

Despite our decline, the one area that has always remained strong has been the centre of the midfield, in the time you are talking about we had at various times at least 2 out of Steven Davis, JWP, Hojbjerg, Oriol Romeu, & now Romeo Lavia.

Would you have played Harrison Reed ahead of any of these combinations

If that was the case why did the club feel the need to buy Clasie, Lemina and Diallo. All for large transfer fees and all far worse players than Reed.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

harrison reed on 10:04 - Mar 22 with 1125 viewsMessysaints

harrison reed on 09:43 - Mar 22 by saints__fan__73

If that was the case why did the club feel the need to buy Clasie, Lemina and Diallo. All for large transfer fees and all far worse players than Reed.

At that time, those players was better, i dont think Reed offers more than Diallo, even if recent Diallo performances do look bad, when fully match fit he is about reeds level but has the potential to be much better, just is not really working for him atm, but he has 4 years on Reed to grow, and Lemina on his very rare day is a top top player ( When he can be arsed ) Clasie came because RK wanted him. If i am honest, Reed wouldnt get in our team, and he wouldnt get in over Diallo if both are unfit / lacking match fitness and sharpness like Diallo does, and one of them is needed to cover one of jwp or lavia, i just dont see it.
harrison reed on 11:20 - Mar 22 with 1094 viewssaintwizzler

harrison reed on 10:04 - Mar 22 by Messysaints

At that time, those players was better, i dont think Reed offers more than Diallo, even if recent Diallo performances do look bad, when fully match fit he is about reeds level but has the potential to be much better, just is not really working for him atm, but he has 4 years on Reed to grow, and Lemina on his very rare day is a top top player ( When he can be arsed ) Clasie came because RK wanted him. If i am honest, Reed wouldnt get in our team, and he wouldnt get in over Diallo if both are unfit / lacking match fitness and sharpness like Diallo does, and one of them is needed to cover one of jwp or lavia, i just dont see it.

‘If i am honest, Reed wouldnt get in our team’

Fulham 9th in the PL
Southampton bottom

This season…
Reed 26 PL apps 2 goals & 1 assist
Diallo 17 PL apps 0 goals 0 assists

I know which one I’d rather have.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

harrison reed on 11:55 - Mar 22 with 1083 viewsMessysaints

harrison reed on 11:20 - Mar 22 by saintwizzler

‘If i am honest, Reed wouldnt get in our team’

Fulham 9th in the PL
Southampton bottom

This season…
Reed 26 PL apps 2 goals & 1 assist
Diallo 17 PL apps 0 goals 0 assists

I know which one I’d rather have.

You would rather have reed because he played more games? more goals ( Even though he is a dm... ) and more assists? if Diallo doesnt have more in th next 4 years, i would shocked.

Reed is at his peak, playing regualry first team football. and your comparing his 4 x as many mins to a off the bench / random starter who is 4 years younger? playing at a relegation team because his front players are shit compared to Fulham who can defend and score?

Ok.
harrison reed on 12:28 - Mar 22 with 1067 viewsPatfromPoole

harrison reed on 11:55 - Mar 22 by Messysaints

You would rather have reed because he played more games? more goals ( Even though he is a dm... ) and more assists? if Diallo doesnt have more in th next 4 years, i would shocked.

Reed is at his peak, playing regualry first team football. and your comparing his 4 x as many mins to a off the bench / random starter who is 4 years younger? playing at a relegation team because his front players are shit compared to Fulham who can defend and score?

Ok.

I think Reed has been a good player for Fulham over a number of seasons.

Diallo seems to me to have gone backwards. I thought in his first season he was going to be a good signing, but he is increasingly looking a Championship player.

Which means that (like so many others in the squad), he may be useful next season.....

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

harrison reed on 12:31 - Mar 22 with 1061 viewssaintwizzler

harrison reed on 11:55 - Mar 22 by Messysaints

Ok.

Yes

harrison reed on 12:44 - Mar 22 with 1042 viewsstmichael

Hoijberg was replaced by Oriel who was not playing regularly whilst he was playing.
An immediate upgrade that cost nothing and money in the bank.
Losing Oriel was the problem..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

harrison reed on 12:45 - Mar 22 with 1041 viewsMessysaints

harrison reed on 12:31 - Mar 22 by saintwizzler

Yes

So yur saying, just because he has more apps, goals, and assists, he is better than a back up player who is back up to much better players?

Im just trying to work out how you think he is better, cause i dont see no reasoning, just saying his has more mins, goals and assist than a back up player is rather poor way of trying to prove a point.

Reed, just like Diallo wouldnt get in the current Saints team, If i was to choose between Diallo and Reed, i would go for Diallo, why would i want a 28 year old bench warmer when i can have a 24 year old one to warm the bench on less wages.
harrison reed on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 1012 viewsMessysaints

harrison reed on 12:28 - Mar 22 by PatfromPoole

Diallo seems to me to have gone backwards. I thought in his first season he was going to be a good signing, but he is increasingly looking a Championship player.

Which means that (like so many others in the squad), he may be useful next season.....

Reed didnt stand out or perform well in the championship last year.

Diallo is a better DM, Neither would raplace Alcaraz, and if i needed to replace Alcaraz, i would rather push JWP forward than have Diallo behind than have Reed behind or taking Alcaraz's place. So yes, for us Diallo is the better option.
harrison reed on 13:16 - Mar 22 with 1012 viewsRon11

harrison reed on 12:28 - Mar 22 by PatfromPoole

A lot of players seem to go backwards when they come here, and then blossom again when they leave.
harrison reed on 13:22 - Mar 22 with 1006 viewsRon11

As I recall, Reed showed commitment, dedication and a 100% work rate.

Hojbjerg could barely string a decent pass together at all (remember?) and was another one who was all sulky and uninterested on the pitch when he should have been earning his money, especially when his head was turned by the White Hart Lane divers.And wasn't he another one who bad mouthed Saints?
harrison reed on 13:26 - Mar 22 with 1003 viewsPatfromPoole

harrison reed on 13:16 - Mar 22 by Messysaints

Reed didnt stand out or perform well in the championship last year.

Diallo is a better DM, Neither would raplace Alcaraz, and if i needed to replace Alcaraz, i would rather push JWP forward than have Diallo behind than have Reed behind or taking Alcaraz's place. So yes, for us Diallo is the better option.

Well, unless Wikipedia is lying, he played 42 matches for Fulham last season, more than any other midfielder in their squad.

Amazing that they won the title if he wasn’t very good in so many games……

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_Fulham_F.C._season
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 13:26]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

harrison reed on 13:37 - Mar 22 with 979 viewssaintwizzler

Reed is twice the player Diallo is.
But that’s not difficult.

That’s my opinion.

Have a great day.

harrison reed on 16:38 - Mar 22 with 910 viewsMessysaints

harrison reed on 13:26 - Mar 22 by PatfromPoole

Well, unless Wikipedia is lying, he played 42 matches for Fulham last season, more than any other midfielder in their squad.

Amazing that they won the title if he wasn’t very good in so many games……

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E2%80%9322_Fulham_F.C._season
[Post edited 22 Mar 2023 13:26]

and in what world does making apps automatically mean good? ( You have seen Elyounoussi right? ) in his 38 championship apps last season, he was rated as average, then that is what he is, average, not good. and certainly not very good.

If he was so important to Fulhams performances and was outstanding as a championship player, then he would have made the team of the season with the other 4 Fulham who was deemed as such players, but he didnt.
harrison reed on 11:18 - Mar 23 with 847 viewsBerber

He is certainly putting in solid shifts. He seems to have found the way to get involved a lot more, possibly a confidence thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024