Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First game, best game, worst game 16:43 - Oct 31 with 1579 viewssaint901

First was home v Northampton Town 23 November 1963 (7th birthday treat) - won 3-1 with Paine getting two.

Best, either beating Man U 6-3 or watching Tiss score some wonder goals v Villa.

Worst - games in which we got relegated aside - took some friends to see us play Bristol City (I think) over Christmas one year. Absolutely battered them - lost 1-0 - Bristol players indulging in the worst play acting and diving I've ever seen.

Took all my kids to various games. Four of them still support us, one is a Reading fan!
First game, best game, worst game on 16:56 - Oct 31 with 1556 viewscocklebreath

First game Man U about 86/87 drew 1-1 went with my grandad and was hooked straight away.
Best game tough call either the 4-1 v Liverpool or the 3-1 at Spurs when Hoddle got sacked the next day
Worst too many to mention but I suppose the Luton town game when the ref cheated and disallowed a perfectly good Danny Wallace goal in the cup. I don’t count the 1-4 at home to the skates as they cheated.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

First game, best game, worst game on 18:13 - Oct 31 with 1498 views1teeminants

First game Derby County 1971 Don’t remember much apart from my brother and Dad were with me and I had to stand on a wooden step so I could see from the terraces on the east stand .

Best game no question apart from the obvious watching saints winning the FA cup at Wembley was v Liverpool at The Dell Saints won 4-1 and to this day the best game I’ve ever seen them play. Saints were superb and destroyed Liverpool. Rodney Wallace was on fire.

Worst game has to be the 9-0 thrashing by Leicester.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

First game, best game, worst game on 18:50 - Oct 31 with 1474 viewsfelly1

First game, best game, worst game on 18:13 - Oct 31 by 1teeminants

First game Derby County 1971 Don’t remember much apart from my brother and Dad were with me and I had to stand on a wooden step so I could see from the terraces on the east stand .

Best game no question apart from the obvious watching saints winning the FA cup at Wembley was v Liverpool at The Dell Saints won 4-1 and to this day the best game I’ve ever seen them play. Saints were superb and destroyed Liverpool. Rodney Wallace was on fire.

Worst game has to be the 9-0 thrashing by Leicester.

First game. Bristol City home 1980.
9 years old with my dad's mate.
West Stand terrace, men singing together, unforgettable experience and a 5-2 win made it all the better.

Has to be the 6-3 Man Utd thrashing at home.
Happy carefree days of the 90s.
Utd the best side in the country by far.
The game was almost surreal.

Loads of terrible games and performances towards the end of Ralph's time but nothing beats Forest at home last year under Jones.
Everyone sensed we were going down and the team didn't even try.
First game, best game, worst game on 20:01 - Oct 31 with 1425 viewskernow

1st. Saints 4 Pompey 2, March 1963, hooked.
Best. Saints 9 Wolves 3. 1965?
Worst. Can’t think but there have been plenty bad.
First game, best game, worst game on 20:15 - Oct 31 with 1415 viewsWints76

1st. Saints 3 Everton 2 30/10/82. Birthday treat and lived it

Best was either Saints 4 Liverpool 1 (best I have seen us play) or Saints 4 Cov 0. Such a great day

Worst is hard, but probably happened last season. We offered nothing in 90% of games.
First game, best game, worst game on 21:32 - Oct 31 with 1355 viewsBuggalugs

I was quite a late starter at 14, so Sheffield Utd at home in 1991 was my first. We won 2-0 and I was instantly hooked. Standing towards the the back of the Milton and experiencing that feeling when the first goal went in was quite something.

Best is a tough one; our 5-4 win at Norwich in the mid 90’s was quite special and the 2-0 away win at Vitesse (for so many reasons) was just fantastic. For home games I’d probably go for the 6-3 v United although I also have a soft spot for the 8-0 v Sunderland and the 6-1 v Villa under Koeman.

Worst; fvck knows, too many to choose from but would have to be one of the dire experiences at home over the last 3-4 years.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

First game, best game, worst game on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 1214 viewsNumber_58

First: Saints 2 QPR 2 1974

Best: Saints 4 Liverpool 1 1989

Worst: Saints 0 Leicester 9
First game, best game, worst game on 10:53 - Nov 1 with 1182 viewsChesham_Saint

First: 1971 (as a neutral) Saints 1 West Ham 2
Best 1976: FA Cup final
Worst: 2003 FA Cup final

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Login to get fewer ads

First game, best game, worst game on 11:00 - Nov 1 with 1176 viewsgrumpy

1st. Saints v Pompey many moons ago.

Best. FA Cup 1976

Worst Pompey v Saints 4-1
First game, best game, worst game on 16:12 - Nov 2 with 967 viewsericofarabia

1st game . Aug 66 Ist ever Top Tier game for Saints. Home to Man City, who also got promoted with us. 1-1 with Paine getting the 1st ever Top Tier goal for us.
I am the original glory hunter

Best .... I guess I have to say Wembley 76, not as a footballing spectacle, but for the sheer enormity of the occasion. Will I ever see a Cup Final win again in my lifetime?

Worst .... many terrible games over the years since I started, but never as consistently inept, clueless and so lacking in skill and passion as displayed over the previous 22 away games I went to over the previous 2 seasons of which only 2 ended in victory, and deserved draws at Man C and Man U .... the rest uter utter garbage
First game, best game, worst game on 18:19 - Nov 2 with 914 viewsSalisburySaint

Can’t remember my first home game, all I know is was early in 65/66 season possibly the Wolves 9-3 game, but do remember first away game which was a 1-0 away win at Bristol City which I went to on a coach

Best game for me apart from 76 Cup Final, would be 4-1 home win v Liverpool Oct 89, when a very young Saints team destroyed the scousers, and Le Tiss took the piss out of Burrows for our third goal

Worst game definitely Portsmouth away 4-1 defeat, an embarrassing performance by Saints
First game, best game, worst game on 18:27 - Nov 2 with 902 viewsgrumpy

First game, best game, worst game on 18:19 - Nov 2 by SalisburySaint

Can’t remember my first home game, all I know is was early in 65/66 season possibly the Wolves 9-3 game, but do remember first away game which was a 1-0 away win at Bristol City which I went to on a coach

Best game for me apart from 76 Cup Final, would be 4-1 home win v Liverpool Oct 89, when a very young Saints team destroyed the scousers, and Le Tiss took the piss out of Burrows for our third goal

Worst game definitely Portsmouth away 4-1 defeat, an embarrassing performance by Saints

'Worst game definitely Portsmouth away 4-1 defeat, an embarrassing performance by Saints'

Mine too,beaten before they even kicked the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024