Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Walsall Game 09:41 - Jan 8 with 1056 viewsSaintNick

1. The electronic scoreboards, they rarely seem to have any sort of pattern not only from game to game, but also from minute to minute.

Sometimes they show adverts, sometimes they show the team line up's, sometimes they show replays and sometimes they even show some of the game itself, but there is no rhyme or reason, it just seems they have given it to the work experience kid and let him get on with it.

2. The crowd, completely different type of crowd from the League games, barely anyone in my area who usually sit there. Loads of bewildered people standing in aisles not having a clue were their seats where, none of them seemed to have the sence to actually ask, its quite simple if you have row Y find that row and then check with someone what way the seating numbers go, much better than just standing there talking to the person you are with about what to do next, blocking the views.

3. Stewarding, given that a big % of the crowd were day trippers you would think the stewards would actually give some sort of direction as above, the two stewards on my stairway just stand there one on each side doing nothing, at busy times they are just blocking the stairways, oh and they walk up the aisles every 10 mins further blocking the view.

4. A decent crowd on the face of it, however not much better than the one against Blackpool in round 4 last season if we factor in the away support, and not as good as Coventry two years ago, so from this perspective not brilliant given our form

5. The songs, we need some new songs has no one in the Northam or Itchen got any imagination, although I would say that in todays music there are no anthems anymore that lead to translating into a good football song

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:20 - Jan 8 with 910 viewsPatfromPoole

You must have missed Small Jobs’ first-half miss whilst studying the scoreboard pattern.

We had a full house for Coventry two years ago as Broja was tearing every Premier League defence at that time a new arsehole and our fans wanted to have the chance to see him. Sadly he was on the bench 😉

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 899 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:20 - Jan 8 by PatfromPoole

You must have missed Small Jobs’ first-half miss whilst studying the scoreboard pattern.

We had a full house for Coventry two years ago as Broja was tearing every Premier League defence at that time a new arsehole and our fans wanted to have the chance to see him. Sadly he was on the bench 😉

Little did we know on that cold 9th February morning that he was only a week away from his final ever League goal for Saints and the beginning of a 3 1/2 month goal drought in the Premier League to end his time with Saints with a flourish

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:33 - Jan 8 with 891 viewsfelly1

Stood in block 3 Itchen next to some wide boys.
..He's here ,
He's there,
He's got Gail Porters hair,
Will Smallbone, Will Smallbone.
5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:37 - Jan 8 with 887 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:33 - Jan 8 by felly1

..He's here ,
He's there,

When the games in the bag
It's not Cameron Bragg
It's Sekou Mara

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:47 - Jan 8 with 876 viewsPatfromPoole

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:29 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

Little did we know on that cold 9th February morning that he was only a week away from his final ever League goal for Saints and the beginning of a 3 1/2 month goal drought in the Premier League to end his time with Saints with a flourish

Funny how you constantly have a downer on a player who scored 9 goals for us; rather more than Small Jobs has in 18 months…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 Things About Walsall Game on 13:03 - Jan 8 with 834 viewsfranniesTache

..He's here ,
He's there,

ha i'll let them know they're wide boys
5 Things About Walsall Game on 13:10 - Jan 8 with 829 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Walsall Game on 12:47 - Jan 8 by PatfromPoole

Funny how you constantly have a downer on a player who scored 9 goals for us; rather more than Small Jobs has in 18 months…..

I dont have a downer on him, I just don't think his spell here was as impressive as some would have you believe, I just don't think his heart was ever in it, he saw himself above Saints and if one story i was told is to be believed, wanted to leave after his first home game when he realised that unlike Chelsea, St Mary's did not have an underground car park so that meant he had to walk from his car and actually engage with fans.

That may have some Mileage in that as after the 2 at Newport on his debut, he didn't start a game for 7 weeks in the League, when he came in he had a little scoring spell, but after 15th December got just 2 goals in the Premier League.

He did get 9 goals but 3 of them were in the cup, he got 2 at Newport but compare that with Elyounoussi getting 3 in that game who also got 4 in the League, not too far behind.

As I say nothing against him, I quite liked his robust run at defenders style, but I think he got found out

5 Things About Walsall Game on 14:05 - Jan 8 with 740 viewskingslandstand1

..He's here ,
He's there,

Ouch! Hopefully it won't catch on!
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Walsall Game on 17:31 - Jan 8 with 553 viewsfelly1

5 Things About Walsall Game on 13:03 - Jan 8 by franniesTache

ha i'll let them know they're wide boys

It certainly made me and my boy laugh along with a few other ones they were coming up with.
I joined in but no one else seemed keen around us.

Too busy on the anti Pompey songs I guess.

Shame really as I don't normally go in Block 3 and
these lads were coming up with some gooduns.
5 Things About Walsall Game on 17:52 - Jan 8 with 516 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Walsall Game on 17:31 - Jan 8 by felly1

It certainly made me and my boy laugh along with a few other ones they were coming up with.
I joined in but no one else seemed keen around us.

Too busy on the anti Pompey songs I guess.

Shame really as I don't normally go in Block 3 and
these lads were coming up with some gooduns.

You’re talking about my mates there, I usually stand there too but couldn’t make it Saturday. We basically just entertain ourselves as no one joins in with us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024