Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we net spend champions again? 07:28 - Feb 1 with 846 viewsButty101

Looks like we played a blinder once more - 4 out and only 1 in.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Are we net spend champions again? (n/t) on 07:30 - Feb 1 with 841 viewsDellHero

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:16]
Are we net spend champions again? on 08:09 - Feb 1 with 804 viewsIngskneeslide

Are we net spend champions again? (n/t) on 07:30 - Feb 1 by DellHero

Think Nick is the only one now DH
Are we net spend champions again? on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 744 viewsSonicBoom

I dont think we're being stripped for the cash. That makes no sense. If the club wanted to do that they would have sold Ings, or Redmond, or JWP or someone with a market value.

What they did was let Danso, Soares, and Yoshida go, all of whom had no future here for different reasons. Yes they have saved on salaries for a few months and got in a little cash but you might as well get something than nothing. I also believe Ralph tried to get Cedric to stay but he wanted to go to Arsenal.

So it sort of made sense. What is odd is that we didnt bring anyone in other than a youngster.
Either the club is convinced we're safe so would rather do business in the summer, or none of our targets wanted to come.

Overall an odd window but at least we didnt panic buy another Carillo. But in all honesty I'd rather we had done nothing at all rather than what we did.
Are we net spend champions again? on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 734 viewsBoris_

Are we net spend champions again? (n/t) on 07:30 - Feb 1 by DellHero

Our fanbase is mainly populated with drips. Hardly any other clubs fanbase in the country would allow Gao and his dodgy LD Sports money laundering vehicles to rape the club and not ask any questions.

Poll: Claude Puel

Are we net spend champions again? on 10:05 - Feb 1 with 723 viewsthis_charming_man

Are we net spend champions again? on 08:09 - Feb 1 by Ingskneeslide

Think Nick is the only one now DH

“Where is the evidence the owner wants to make a profit from transfers?”

One of his finest moments

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Are we net spend champions again? on 10:10 - Feb 1 with 707 viewsthis_charming_man

Are we net spend champions again? on 10:01 - Feb 1 by Boris_

Our fanbase is mainly populated with drips. Hardly any other clubs fanbase in the country would allow Gao and his dodgy LD Sports money laundering vehicles to rape the club and not ask any questions.

It’s not even passively accepting it, quite a few defend it. There are a few posters on mongweb saying they fully agree with not making big money signings as goas advisors would tell him how much we’ve wasted in the past.

I also got told I was making a “dumb comment” because I pointed out we are the only club to make a profit from transfers and out of 20 premier league club only two have a smaller record transfer fee than us, one of those is Norwich who have only just come back up and will probably go straight down.

Just applaud the business model. It makes GREAT BUSINESS.

Are we net spend champions again? (n/t) on 10:11 - Feb 1 with 700 viewsDellHero

Are we net spend champions again? on 10:10 - Feb 1 by this_charming_man

It’s not even passively accepting it, quite a few defend it. There are a few posters on mongweb saying they fully agree with not making big money signings as goas advisors would tell him how much we’ve wasted in the past.

I also got told I was making a “dumb comment” because I pointed out we are the only club to make a profit from transfers and out of 20 premier league club only two have a smaller record transfer fee than us, one of those is Norwich who have only just come back up and will probably go straight down.

[Post edited 25 Feb 2020 6:19]
Are we net spend champions again? on 11:23 - Feb 1 with 651 viewscocklebreath

Are we net spend champions again? on 10:10 - Feb 1 by this_charming_man

They play football manager and are more interested in the bank balance, it’s as if it’s there own money

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Are we net spend champions again? on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 622 viewsPatfromPoole

Part of me thinks that the club think that the fans have had their two years of massive fun in the Europa League, but from the club’s perspective, they didn’t make much money out of it and it was disruptive to much more lucrative League games.

So it’s almost as if 8th or 9th is a dream finish and we should aspire no higher.

Which then leads to a loss of managers, top players etc....

And so the circle turns.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 12:09]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Are we net spend champions again? on 12:00 - Feb 1 with 613 viewsthis_charming_man

Are we net spend champions again? on 11:51 - Feb 1 by PatfromPoole

Part of me thinks that the club think that the fans have had their two years of massive fun in the Europa League, but from the club’s perspective, they didn’t make much money out of it and it was disruptive to much more lucrative League games.

So it’s almost as if 8th or 9th is a dream finish and we should aspire no higher.

And so the circle turns.

Unfortunately you’re probably right, there isn’t a lot of money in the Europa league but with a bigger squad needed, probably a few players getting bonuses and travel expenses etc it’s not very lucrative. I personally I think our ambitions are lower than that, stay up with the minimum spend is the extent of it. I really do find it incomprehensible that we went into the window saying we need to strength the squad and come out of it weaker.

Are we net spend champions again? on 12:13 - Feb 1 with 589 viewsPatfromPoole

Are we net spend champions again? on 12:00 - Feb 1 by this_charming_man

Unfortunately you’re probably right, there isn’t a lot of money in the Europa league but with a bigger squad needed, probably a few players getting bonuses and travel expenses etc it’s not very lucrative. I personally I think our ambitions are lower than that, stay up with the minimum spend is the extent of it. I really do find it incomprehensible that we went into the window saying we need to strength the squad and come out of it weaker.

Lost count of how many transfer windows when we all said it was blindingly obvious that we needed a new CB.

Bednarek and Stephens have been outstanding, but an injury or suspension to either of them over the remainder of the season leaves us ridiculously exposed. All completely avoidable; can’t believe there was nobody available at an affordable price who wouldn’t improve the squad.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Are we net spend champions again? on 13:04 - Feb 1 with 561 viewsCenturion

Are we net spend champions again? on 11:51 - Feb 1 by PatfromPoole

And so the circle turns.

It feels like 8th or 9th is to ambitious tbh!

As commented on this thread we are team that really does appear to lack ambition other than staying in the Premier League with the minimum outlay.

Good business sense? Not really as it is very risky and eventually you feel lack of investment will kill the club as a Premier outfit.

There is little to be made in the Championship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024