Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home 15:10 - Feb 19 with 535 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52008/hasenhuttl-trying-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:19 - Feb 19 with 520 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Agree with this, but sadly St Marys has felt negative for years now. Maybe it is my rose tinted specs, but I don't remember the Dell being that bad? Maybe it was.

Austin is a prat, but correct. Ralph is also correct. I might be wrong, feel free to disagree, but the last time St Marys felt positive was under Koeman and before that, Adkins in League 1 / Championship. Adkins and Pochettino in the premier league never felt overly positive especially as Pochettino's football saw the vast emergence of the "git it foorrwwaaaard" brigade.

Sadly now it seems a lot of the ground are expectant f**kers who expect a good result whilst offering nothing to help.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:20 - Feb 19 with 519 viewsI_would

Perhaps if the club made an effort for the fans they might reciprocate.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:31 - Feb 19 with 501 viewsSaintsforeverj

Unfortunately, the players are sensing the negativity because the fans are upset with the owner and club, not really the players( they can't help being average can they?)

Not addressing our terrible defence in various transfer windows, despite Ralph promising he would, is angering the fanbase. So the players are having to face the music for the club's bad leadership. At the end of the day, people are paying good money (more than ever before) and when the defence just stands there letting opposing players walk through is just becoming too much to swallow. We can argue that the fans should just put up with it and get behind the team but the fans are sick to death of conceding soft easy goals. It is what it is.

The atmosphere is poor but there are glaringly obvious reasons why fans are upset and down. Remember too, we are the only fans who had to sit through a 9 nil record defeat because of players downing tools. Now wonder why fans aren't falling over themselves to get behind them.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2020 15:36]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:46 - Feb 19 with 481 viewsKennington

Crazy thought but wouldn’t the answer be in buying better players? It seems every transfer window is weakening us and we can’t blame Liverpool for that anymore. Old Trafford, The Emirates have at times had superb home records but awful home support and the two barely correlate. The fans really have minimal impact on the shîte served up by this highly paid but below ability saints squad. Let me give you an example of another sport, Johnson-Thompson won her superb heptatholon in an empty stadium in Doha (actually filled in parts with paid workers). I didn’t hear any interviews from her claiming the crowd was an issue. Footballers are feckin pathetic.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:50 - Feb 19 with 477 viewssaint22

Maybe Ralph should think about that when he makes his team selection then.......

Plus did he sanction shipping off Cedric and Yosh?

They say teams play with more confidence and enthusiasm on a winning run, well fans tend to mirror that wouldn't you say
Quit making excuses and step up and prove yourselves, we aren't playing Man City this weekend we are playing a one man team effectively so sort it the fk out
Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:53 - Feb 19 with 473 viewsHeisenberg

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:50 - Feb 19 by saint22

Maybe Ralph should think about that when he makes his team selection then.......

Plus did he sanction shipping off Cedric and Yosh?

They say teams play with more confidence and enthusiasm on a winning run, well fans tend to mirror that wouldn't you say
Quit making excuses and step up and prove yourselves, we aren't playing Man City this weekend we are playing a one man team effectively so sort it the fk out

Ralph out yes?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:56 - Feb 19 with 471 viewsthis_charming_man

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 15:19 - Feb 19 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Agree with this, but sadly St Marys has felt negative for years now. Maybe it is my rose tinted specs, but I don't remember the Dell being that bad? Maybe it was.

Austin is a prat, but correct. Ralph is also correct. I might be wrong, feel free to disagree, but the last time St Marys felt positive was under Koeman and before that, Adkins in League 1 / Championship. Adkins and Pochettino in the premier league never felt overly positive especially as Pochettino's football saw the vast emergence of the "git it foorrwwaaaard" brigade.

Sadly now it seems a lot of the ground are expectant f**kers who expect a good result whilst offering nothing to help.

We had our moments even in the great times though. Pelle, Forster and Boruc all being ironically cheered, Pelle on his home debut FFS. I remember fans giving Walcott and Chamberlain a standing ovation after being on Gulys back the whole game FFS

Ive only been to a handful of home games in the last few years but each time it seems to be a worse. No one seems to be happy to be there, just slagging off the players, quick to jump on any misplaced pass. In fact I even remember Alan Pardew criticising the fans when we were in league one, I think it was after we beat Bournemouth 2-0 and he said how their fans got behind them whilst ours were groaning every time a pass wasn't brilliant

We have a lot of middle class, entertainment fans now plus a lot of "Get it Fooooorwaaaaaaaaard" types, plus iPhone noddies and banter boys. The only way to really fix it is a relegation i'm afraid.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 410 viewsDorsetIan

I don't know whether St Mary's is worse that other crowds - in my experience, if there is a big 'home end' behind a goal, then you might get consistent support from hard core singers whatever's going on on the pitch, otherwise most fans only sing when their team is winning (or attacking).

But I do think it's a bit rich for anyone to blame the fans for the poor home form of recent years. Top tier professional footballers and what they can't play the game unless someone is cheering for them or as long as they're not getting any stick?

I went to a St Pauli game in Hamburg a couple of seasons ago and across the front of the main terrace were four blokes with megaphones, with their backs to the game, leading the singing. It kept it going, but seemed pretty mental to me. Worth a try at St Mary's?!

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 17:55 - Feb 19 with 388 viewsRon11

Been many times during the last three seasons that I've heard moaning and dissent in the crowd.
There was Puel's utterly boring (but quite effective) football, then Pellegrino's which was even worse- all that constant sideways and back passing. Then there was Hughes, the only highlight escaping relegation against Swansea.
Now, with Hassenhutl, we have bizarre team selection (for example, Bednarek on the bench for Vestergaard against Burnley which probably cost all three points) and the inevitable panic stricken throwing on of strikers in the last ten minutes, trying to retrieve something.
The Valery mystery also - what is that all about?
It's no wonder supporters who pay out a lot of money to see this tripe are pissed off.
Even during the return from League one days there was a spark, an atmosphere.
Now it's - they go one up, and how long will it be before there's a defensive cock up and the opposition equalise? It's become all too depressingly predictable.
Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 354 viewssaint22

Hasenhuttl Trying To Avoid Unwanted Record At Home on 17:55 - Feb 19 by Ron11

Been many times during the last three seasons that I've heard moaning and dissent in the crowd.
There was Puel's utterly boring (but quite effective) football, then Pellegrino's which was even worse- all that constant sideways and back passing. Then there was Hughes, the only highlight escaping relegation against Swansea.
Now, with Hassenhutl, we have bizarre team selection (for example, Bednarek on the bench for Vestergaard against Burnley which probably cost all three points) and the inevitable panic stricken throwing on of strikers in the last ten minutes, trying to retrieve something.
The Valery mystery also - what is that all about?
It's no wonder supporters who pay out a lot of money to see this tripe are pissed off.
Even during the return from League one days there was a spark, an atmosphere.
Now it's - they go one up, and how long will it be before there's a defensive cock up and the opposition equalise? It's become all too depressingly predictable.

this
isn't it any coincidence that our good run of form came when we played a set back 4
now one has gone and one gets dropped and its all gone a bit pete tong
ralph is the modern day tinker man he has very very rarely played the same team twice in succession
as for Valery......?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024