Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Blue 22:20 - Feb 26 with 1142 viewsthis_charming_man

Just walking back to the hotel, fair play a decent performance, when Real
Scored I feared it was going to do all saints on us and be a game you lose been the better team city deserved that

Two things I noted until you see Ramos live you don’t realise how good he is, a brilliant player his positioning, touch passing and reading of the game are brilliant big loss for the second leg and can see city winning easily now

The atmosphere inside the Bernabeu is incredible I was to the left of the “kop end” and loud non stop singing, might not have come across on the telly. Before the game a steet leading up
To the ground thousands of real fans singing, drinking letting off flares was a great atmosphere and million times better than anything I’ve seen in England for years

Had a good natter with a few city fans in bar early on, decent lads And
Most city fans I saw around the ground seemed pretty decent fans not banter boys or try hards

All in all a decent night just a shame I’ve got to be up for work tomorrow and can’t sample
Some of Madrid’s delights 😃

[Post edited 26 Feb 2020 22:26]

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

FAO Blue on 22:57 - Feb 26 with 1090 viewsBlue

Glad you enjoyed it saw a very decent performance from us pal. I reckon fully deserved too.

It's a much better stadium than the Nou Camp, although a bit crap up in the 5th tier, at least you're not a million miles from the pitch!

Agree re: Ramos, he'll be a big miss for them second leg, but there's no way it will be easy I reckon!

That white wall end has changed, it used to be in the 2nd tier, and about a third of the size it is now.

Still stood in the Kippax

FAO Blue on 23:33 - Feb 26 with 1058 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s just like Harrogate v Eastleigh, TCM, yes?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FAO Blue on 07:29 - Feb 27 with 956 viewsthis_charming_man

FAO Blue on 23:33 - Feb 26 by PatfromPoole

It’s just like Harrogate v Eastleigh, TCM, yes?

If anyone in England was waving a flare around they’d be straight into them with dozens of banning orders.

FAO Blue on 09:42 - Feb 27 with 872 viewsfranniesTache

Interesting you thought the atmosphere was decent, i lived in Madrid for a bit and two of my cousins are Real season ticket holders so i've been quite a few times (including a champions league game against Liverpool) and i've always thought the atmosphere bernabeu is awful.

Athletico have a far better atmosphere than Real, and as far as i could tell in the times i went a significant chunk of the bernabeu is tourists on a beano.
FAO Blue on 10:28 - Feb 27 with 839 viewsthis_charming_man

FAO Blue on 09:42 - Feb 27 by franniesTache

Interesting you thought the atmosphere was decent, i lived in Madrid for a bit and two of my cousins are Real season ticket holders so i've been quite a few times (including a champions league game against Liverpool) and i've always thought the atmosphere bernabeu is awful.

Athletico have a far better atmosphere than Real, and as far as i could tell in the times i went a significant chunk of the bernabeu is tourists on a beano.

As a tourist on a Beano in the corporate area I was one for them!

I thought it was great, as I Mentioned was to the side of the white wall so could
See and hear all the singing as I mentioned above the best bit was before
The game must have been a street lined with a good few thousand Madrid fans all with beers singing quite a few banners and Spanish flags and must have been a few dozen flares let off. Thought that as class.

FAO Blue on 11:25 - Feb 27 with 809 viewsthis_charming_man

The other thing I forgot to mention is Real Madrid fans hate Gareth bale, all of them say the same thing, more interested in playing golf

Shame as he has been good for them, great goal in the champions league final two years a ago which features o their pre match greatest moments compilation

FAO Blue on 11:28 - Feb 27 with 809 viewsBuenosSaint

FAO Blue on 09:42 - Feb 27 by franniesTache

I concur with this. I was a atleti season ticket holder for 2 years. Also went to bernabau many times and when full, AM atmosphere was way way better.
Was in Real corporate boxes a few times too (one of our contractors had one) and apart from free drinks and fit waitresses , absolutely the worst atmosphere ever experienced...

Poll: The Long Future

FAO Blue on 11:46 - Feb 27 with 792 viewsthis_charming_man

FAO Blue on 11:28 - Feb 27 by BuenosSaint

I concur with this. I was a atleti season ticket holder for 2 years. Also went to bernabau many times and when full, AM atmosphere was way way better.
Was in Real corporate boxes a few times too (one of our contractors had one) and apart from free drinks and fit waitresses , absolutely the worst atmosphere ever experienced...

I can imagine Athletico is better. They seem to be more the working class team there the Man City or Everton to the United and Liverpool

Interesting the comments on the atmosphere maybe I just got lucky or am used to really crap
Atmospheres at football but it was miles ahead of anything I’ve seen in England for years.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Blue (n/t) on 11:48 - Feb 27 with 789 viewsDellHero

FAO Blue on 11:46 - Feb 27 by this_charming_man

I can imagine Athletico is better. They seem to be more the working class team there the Man City or Everton to the United and Liverpool

Interesting the comments on the atmosphere maybe I just got lucky or am used to really crap
Atmospheres at football but it was miles ahead of anything I’ve seen in England for years.

[Post edited 10 May 2020 18:24]
FAO Blue on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 739 viewsBuenosSaint

FAO Blue on 11:46 - Feb 27 by this_charming_man

Working class for sure and that was the difference. Fans around us had bota bags - those goatskin wine pouches and passed them around freely. Quality. The stadium rocked, especially playing Real or CL nights.

Poll: The Long Future

FAO Blue on 22:42 - Feb 28 with 611 viewsPatfromPoole

FAO Blue on 10:28 - Feb 27 by this_charming_man

As a tourist on a Beano in the corporate area I was one for them!

I thought it was great, as I Mentioned was to the side of the white wall so could
See and hear all the singing as I mentioned above the best bit was before
The game must have been a street lined with a good few thousand Madrid fans all with beers singing quite a few banners and Spanish flags and must have been a few dozen flares let off. Thought that as class.

Did they not smash up the Man City team coach before the game?

(Sorry, just catching up on this thread again....)

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

FAO Blue on 02:06 - Feb 29 with 561 viewsBlue

FAO Blue on 22:42 - Feb 28 by PatfromPoole

Very good, Pat

I wonder what would happen, if we completed the job (still doubtful) and they overturned their first leg deficit, then we were drawn together again....

Still stood in the Kippax

FAO Blue on 10:14 - Feb 29 with 470 viewsthis_charming_man

FAO Blue on 22:42 - Feb 28 by PatfromPoole

In Bilbao someone called losrojiblancos_nic is furiously posting on the Bilbao mongboards how he wished their fans were more like Reals.

FAO Blue on 11:57 - Feb 29 with 442 viewssolent_toffee

FAO Blue on 02:06 - Feb 29 by Blue

Very good, Pat

I wonder what would happen, if we completed the job (still doubtful) and they overturned their first leg deficit, then we were drawn together again....

Then we can all look forward to a display of passionate fans showing their unique support like no other that has absolutely no criminality in it whatsoever and us mere mortals show watch on as they smash the phuck out of coaches, phone boxes, bus shelters, police vans etc which such reverence, passion, humour, class and dignity that proves we are in the presence of greatness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024