Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PEH 11:44 - Mar 17 with 1411 viewsSonicBoom

I just read on a rolling news story on the homepage that PEH has had the most shots in the PL this season without scoring a goal. 41.
41. Let that sink in.

Now clearly he isn't in the side to score goals but in reality he not only didn't score he gave away possession 41 times. He also bought those attacks to an end. Knowing that stat, what would you say to him if you were Ralph?
PEH on 12:26 - Mar 17 with 1362 viewsdirk_doone

I just wish that he and our other players would hunch over the ball and aim low into the corner, like good goal poachers do. Danny Ings is the only one in our team who has done that although he has recently developed the habit of trying to nutmeg the goalkeeper every time and the opposition have cottoned onto that. Hojbjerg always seems to lean back and blast the ball over the bar when he shoots.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 17:03]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

PEH on 13:16 - Mar 17 with 1284 viewsSonicBoom

Agreed. How many times does Redmond cut inside only to sail his shot over the bar?

With PEH I'd be saying "Don't shoot. Give it to someone else".
If you have 41 shots and don't score then there really isn't a lot of point trying number 42 is there.
PEH on 13:30 - Mar 17 with 1265 viewsDorsetIan

PEH on 13:16 - Mar 17 by SonicBoom

Agreed. How many times does Redmond cut inside only to sail his shot over the bar?

If you have 41 shots and don't score then there really isn't a lot of point trying number 42 is there.

You're spot on about Redmond. That's almost his signature move.

But why can't they get it on target. It surely can't be lack of practice and they should both have the skill.

Is it all in their heads? Isn't that what sports psychologists are for?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

PEH on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 1254 viewsStafford_Saint

Good point. However just to muddy the waters a bit: did any of these shots lead to a parry or block that led immediately to a goal OR did any go out for a corner, from which we then scored? Being optimistic, I don't have a good memory!
PEH on 14:11 - Mar 17 with 1235 viewsthis_charming_man

PEH on 13:16 - Mar 17 by SonicBoom

Every miss is closer to a goal, eventually one has to go in.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

PEH on 14:35 - Mar 17 with 1204 viewsdirk_doone

PEH on 14:11 - Mar 17 by this_charming_man

We used to say that about JWP's free-kicks but now he's found the target so maybe there is hope for Hojbjerg.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

PEH on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 1196 viewsthis_charming_man

PEH on 14:35 - Mar 17 by dirk_doone

We used to say that about JWP's free-kicks but now he's found the target so maybe there is hope for Hojbjerg.

maybe he's been watching this?

PEH on 14:48 - Mar 17 with 1189 viewsSonicBoom

I think there is a certain natural element to it. Lots of our players seem unable to remain clam in a goalscoring position whereas the very best seem much more in control.
Redmond can do it sometimes, but often tries to hit the top corners and fires over. Also you can sense his anxiety with one on ones and he usually shoots way too early. (yuk).

PEH is clearly not a natural goalscorer and as TCM says he is using "throw enough mud and eventually something will stick" method.
Long is another who doesn't seem to think clearly and snatches at chances. He has so much experience you really would think he's used to being in that position by now. But if he's in a 1 on 1 you wouldn't put your house on him would you....
Armstrong on the other hand has scored a few and you can actually see him aiming for a corner not just lashing at it wildly.
Login to get fewer ads

PEH on 15:33 - Mar 17 with 1152 viewsTimSaint

PEH on 14:11 - Mar 17 by this_charming_man

Just think back to Villa Park on 21st December.
He led the break away and ran box to box with the ball, had Ings or Obafemi to pass to, or shoot himself. He passed to Ings, who's shot was parried straight to PEH.
A simple tap in to seal a magnificent 4-1 win and kill off any further Villa hope.
He stretched out, leaned back and put it well over from about 8 yards !! He could have had a touch to compose himself FFS.

OK so he beat himself up about it to show he cares, but seriously, that was up there with Long's misses against Villa and Watford etc

We need some ruthless killer instinct !!

TimSaint

PEH on 16:37 - Mar 17 with 1101 viewsthis_charming_man

PEH on 14:48 - Mar 17 by SonicBoom

I think there is a certain natural element to it. Lots of our players seem unable to remain clam in a goalscoring position whereas the very best seem much more in control.
Redmond can do it sometimes, but often tries to hit the top corners and fires over. Also you can sense his anxiety with one on ones and he usually shoots way too early. (yuk).

PEH is clearly not a natural goalscorer and as TCM says he is using "throw enough mud and eventually something will stick" method.
Long is another who doesn't seem to think clearly and snatches at chances. He has so much experience you really would think he's used to being in that position by now. But if he's in a 1 on 1 you wouldn't put your house on him would you....
Armstrong on the other hand has scored a few and you can actually see him aiming for a corner not just lashing at it wildly.

With Long the only place you know it isn't going to end up is the back of the net.

People say how great he is at pulling defenders away with his runs, i think they'd probably be best off leaving him to make his run knowing full well there is a 75% chance if he got the ball his either mess up the pass or miscontrol it anyway.

PEH on 17:09 - Mar 17 with 1057 viewsgreen

PEH pays attention to the crowd who tell him to “shoooot” unfortunately
PEH on 17:24 - Mar 17 with 1043 viewsBuggalugs

PEH on 13:48 - Mar 17 by Stafford_Saint

Good point. However just to muddy the waters a bit: did any of these shots lead to a parry or block that led immediately to a goal OR did any go out for a corner, from which we then scored? Being optimistic, I don't have a good memory!

It's more likely they went out for a throw-in pal.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

PEH on 14:36 - Mar 19 with 869 viewsdarthvader

Historically he scored a beauty against brighton. Hopefully another one will rip and curl in and we will be singing his praises .

keep the faith coyr

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024