Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris 07:42 - Apr 12 with 1296 viewssaint22

https://apple.news/AicSOQF8QQkytPej3aRayrw

Cancel the hs2 and pay them more now then pal??
Boris on 08:02 - Apr 12 with 1284 viewsOccasional_Showers

https://www.cavellnursestrust.org/donate-now/

Now that you’re not travelling to New York for 30 minute meetings you can donate the airfare to a nurses benevolent charity. Just click the link and pay by card.

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Boris on 08:37 - Apr 12 with 1259 viewshuelinsaint

Boris on 08:02 - Apr 12 by Occasional_Showers

https://www.cavellnursestrust.org/donate-now/

Now that you’re not travelling to New York for 30 minute meetings you can donate the airfare to a nurses benevolent charity. Just click the link and pay by card.

No,less of the whaterboutery, the Tories will have to pay them more now, otherwise they'll never be forgiven.
I can just imagine the mental gymnastics Johnson is doing now,knowing he has to be seen to support the heath workers but absolutely hating the idea of giving them more money
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 8:39]
Boris on 09:02 - Apr 12 with 1224 viewsinthebox

I'm afraid they'll be predictable and fall back on austerity
Boris on 09:10 - Apr 12 with 1214 viewsMr_Happy

Mr Cheerful Pfft.

Boris on 09:20 - Apr 12 with 1194 viewsGasGiant

If you cancel HS2 what is your alternative plan? You can't just "do nothing.
Boris on 09:26 - Apr 12 with 1188 viewshuelinsaint

Boris on 09:02 - Apr 12 by inthebox

I'm afraid they'll be predictable and fall back on austerity

Guaranteed,and cheered on by the usual cap doffing suspects
Boris on 09:31 - Apr 12 with 1178 viewsOccasional_Showers

Boris on 08:37 - Apr 12 by huelinsaint

No,less of the whaterboutery, the Tories will have to pay them more now, otherwise they'll never be forgiven.
I can just imagine the mental gymnastics Johnson is doing now,knowing he has to be seen to support the heath workers but absolutely hating the idea of giving them more money
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 8:39]

It’s a perfectly reasonable demand. He is going to be saving an absolute fortune by not flying “fast track” to the States. What better way of doing his bit than donating that saved money to the nurses?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Boris on 10:48 - Apr 12 with 1129 viewsthissceptredsaint

His hypocrisy makes me want to vomit. At least he isn't doing a Hancock and trying to blame NHS staff for their iown ncompetence and contempt of working people. They promised a massive spend up anyway in the election. Brexit was meant to enable this.

I don't know why saint22 is so obsessed with HS2. I live in a railway town, Beastly Eastleigh and whilst my working life was spent dealing with ships and vans I know the project will generate a lot of knock on employment not just for this area but for the whole of the UK
Login to get fewer ads

Boris on 13:23 - Apr 12 with 1066 viewssaint22

Boris on 10:48 - Apr 12 by thissceptredsaint

His hypocrisy makes me want to vomit. At least he isn't doing a Hancock and trying to blame NHS staff for their iown ncompetence and contempt of working people. They promised a massive spend up anyway in the election. Brexit was meant to enable this.

I don't know why saint22 is so obsessed with HS2. I live in a railway town, Beastly Eastleigh and whilst my working life was spent dealing with ships and vans I know the project will generate a lot of knock on employment not just for this area but for the whole of the UK

I am obsessed with it for numerous reasons not least of all as a country we cannot afford it and that was before this mess
Secondly it does nothing to alleviate the terrible state of the existing rail network
It will only bring more people south
It would be money better spent sorting the north’s rail issues

And as for the xenophobics idea of me donating to the nhs I have already done that plus as a high tax payer I don’t appreciate this bunch of loons leading us, relying on us public to help the nhs when they have been undercutting it for years the reckless bunch of pr1cks
Boris on 18:30 - Apr 12 with 989 viewsGasGiant

Boris on 13:23 - Apr 12 by saint22

I am obsessed with it for numerous reasons not least of all as a country we cannot afford it and that was before this mess
Secondly it does nothing to alleviate the terrible state of the existing rail network
It will only bring more people south
It would be money better spent sorting the north’s rail issues

And as for the xenophobics idea of me donating to the nhs I have already done that plus as a high tax payer I don’t appreciate this bunch of loons leading us, relying on us public to help the nhs when they have been undercutting it for years the reckless bunch of pr1cks

NPR (Northern Powerhouse Rail) is predicated on the existence of HS2. (Phase 2A and B). Without them NPR costs will double. HS2 is about alleviating capacity bottlenecks that already exist on the West Coast Main Line. Separating long distance travellers onto a new line frees up around 12 paths per hour south of Birmingham that have already been allocated for a variety of new passenger paths to underserved towns such as Rugby and Northampton, plus freight paths including more needed for Southampton, Felixstowe and Thames Gateway to the north. As for cost, the construction cost for HS2 alone started out at around £18bn in 2008. Now it is around £35bn. Other infrastructure costs such as redevelopments around Euston, Curzon Street, Old Oak Common, Picadilly, East Midlands Parkway, Sheffield and Leeds, plus extensions to four Metro systems and interchanges to additional cities like Liverpool take that cost up to £85bn. The apparent £100-£106bn cost is not an NAO figure. It comes from taking a number of contingencies, some real some imagined and adding them in, though there is no current reason to do so. Other figures are just made up. As I said on here before, Canary Wharf was similar to this, because the kernel of development from Olympia and York immediately attracted rafts of other ideas that ended up rejuvinating the whole of Docklands - albeit at huge cost. Yet nobody would say it was not worth it now. Wasnt it JM Keynes who said at times of recession Government spending needs to fill the gaps vacated by low economic activity? HS2 will create thousands of jobs, and its presence will cause an upsurge in at least 4 other city centres. It will help to reduce domestic air travel in the UK and free capacity at Heathrow that could defer the need for further expansion. It alleviates the "terrible" state of the congested rail network and facilitaites NPR , just as the M25 did a lot for our "terrible" disjointed motorway network.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:33]
Boris on 18:44 - Apr 12 with 975 viewssaint22

Boris on 18:30 - Apr 12 by GasGiant

NPR (Northern Powerhouse Rail) is predicated on the existence of HS2. (Phase 2A and B). Without them NPR costs will double. HS2 is about alleviating capacity bottlenecks that already exist on the West Coast Main Line. Separating long distance travellers onto a new line frees up around 12 paths per hour south of Birmingham that have already been allocated for a variety of new passenger paths to underserved towns such as Rugby and Northampton, plus freight paths including more needed for Southampton, Felixstowe and Thames Gateway to the north. As for cost, the construction cost for HS2 alone started out at around £18bn in 2008. Now it is around £35bn. Other infrastructure costs such as redevelopments around Euston, Curzon Street, Old Oak Common, Picadilly, East Midlands Parkway, Sheffield and Leeds, plus extensions to four Metro systems and interchanges to additional cities like Liverpool take that cost up to £85bn. The apparent £100-£106bn cost is not an NAO figure. It comes from taking a number of contingencies, some real some imagined and adding them in, though there is no current reason to do so. Other figures are just made up. As I said on here before, Canary Wharf was similar to this, because the kernel of development from Olympia and York immediately attracted rafts of other ideas that ended up rejuvinating the whole of Docklands - albeit at huge cost. Yet nobody would say it was not worth it now. Wasnt it JM Keynes who said at times of recession Government spending needs to fill the gaps vacated by low economic activity? HS2 will create thousands of jobs, and its presence will cause an upsurge in at least 4 other city centres. It will help to reduce domestic air travel in the UK and free capacity at Heathrow that could defer the need for further expansion. It alleviates the "terrible" state of the congested rail network and facilitaites NPR , just as the M25 did a lot for our "terrible" disjointed motorway network.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2020 18:33]

Are you still on the board, or did you cut and paste that from oakervee BS report
What a load of guff
It does nothing for the commuter belts rail services, it just benefits the north and it would be money far better spent developing northern rail and not based on the construction of hs2 it’s a complete white elephant
By the time it’s finished it’s I’ll be out of date and overpriced people can barely afford rail tickets now, have you ant clue how much these tickets will be

Any way aside from that the nhs is far more needing of the cash
Boris on 18:44 - Apr 12 with 974 viewssaint22

Boris on 09:10 - Apr 12 by Mr_Happy

And he is off to chequers!? Wtf
Boris on 07:01 - Apr 13 with 849 viewsOlliekhent

Boris on 18:44 - Apr 12 by saint22

Are you still on the board, or did you cut and paste that from oakervee BS report
What a load of guff
It does nothing for the commuter belts rail services, it just benefits the north and it would be money far better spent developing northern rail and not based on the construction of hs2 it’s a complete white elephant
By the time it’s finished it’s I’ll be out of date and overpriced people can barely afford rail tickets now, have you ant clue how much these tickets will be

You say here it will only benefit the north but in your post before you said it only helps the south? Are you confused or just government bashing for the sake of it?

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Boris on 07:41 - Apr 13 with 834 viewssaint22

Boris on 07:01 - Apr 13 by Olliekhent

You say here it will only benefit the north but in your post before you said it only helps the south? Are you confused or just government bashing for the sake of it?

I didn’t say it would help the south I said it will only encourage people to come south
Boris on 07:57 - Apr 13 with 821 viewsGasGiant

Boris on 18:44 - Apr 12 by saint22

What a load of guff

I worked for some time for Ove Arup planning the first upgrade of the West Coast Main Line through the Trent Valley to Preston after the collaspse of Railtrack so you could say I know first hand what I'm talking about when it comes to rail infrastructure. Did you not read what I said about NPR? NPR rail relieves pressure on points like the Castlefield Corridor (I assume that's what you are talking about). It will not be "Out of date" any more than any major construction project of that duration e.g. Crossrail. And I would ask you Out of date compared to what? Ticketing and new technology are already in HS2 planning. The cost is likely to be slightly higher as Eurostar to Ashford is higher than going by Southeastern, or Sleeper from Euston to Glasgow carries a premium. Different products already attract different prices as anyone who uses the railways knows. You will no longer need an actual ticket anyway. Your seat will be reserved in a location most suited to the stations you board and depart - your phone will hold your ticket and guide to your seat. Your seat will indicate itself to you. This is all factored into the design. Your final comment tells me you don't understand economics at all so don't try and start an argument about it. There is not £100bn sat somewhere waiting to be allocated to either this scheme or that. That isn't how finance works. I thought you were meant to be some kind of businessman. I've presented to college students with a better understanding of business and economics. You can ask me questions about HS2 but don't waste time when it's clear you haven't really read or unsderstood any of the information at all or you would have grasped that Oakervee shows that you cannot improve rail services in the north generally unless you improve line capacity, and you can't do that without NPR and in turn, HS2. Do you realise that HS2 connects directly and indirectly to major northern cities anyway?
Boris on 08:38 - Apr 13 with 800 viewsOlliekhent

Boris on 07:41 - Apr 13 by saint22

I didn’t say it would help the south I said it will only encourage people to come south

Same thing. Encouraging people to come south implies it is helping the south. You are government bashing sir, that is all you are doing.

The only bad air around here is you guys farting around.

Boris on 10:05 - Apr 13 with 736 viewsRon11

Boris on 10:48 - Apr 12 by thissceptredsaint

Hancock makes me want to vomit.
The lack of PPE is directly the fault of NHS 'managers' yet he blames the people most at risk for not using the equipment prudently.
Wouldn't you just like to be working for that prick?
Boris on 10:24 - Apr 13 with 716 viewskingslandstand1

Boris on 07:57 - Apr 13 by GasGiant

I worked for some time for Ove Arup planning the first upgrade of the West Coast Main Line through the Trent Valley to Preston after the collaspse of Railtrack so you could say I know first hand what I'm talking about when it comes to rail infrastructure. Did you not read what I said about NPR? NPR rail relieves pressure on points like the Castlefield Corridor (I assume that's what you are talking about). It will not be "Out of date" any more than any major construction project of that duration e.g. Crossrail. And I would ask you Out of date compared to what? Ticketing and new technology are already in HS2 planning. The cost is likely to be slightly higher as Eurostar to Ashford is higher than going by Southeastern, or Sleeper from Euston to Glasgow carries a premium. Different products already attract different prices as anyone who uses the railways knows. You will no longer need an actual ticket anyway. Your seat will be reserved in a location most suited to the stations you board and depart - your phone will hold your ticket and guide to your seat. Your seat will indicate itself to you. This is all factored into the design. Your final comment tells me you don't understand economics at all so don't try and start an argument about it. There is not £100bn sat somewhere waiting to be allocated to either this scheme or that. That isn't how finance works. I thought you were meant to be some kind of businessman. I've presented to college students with a better understanding of business and economics. You can ask me questions about HS2 but don't waste time when it's clear you haven't really read or unsderstood any of the information at all or you would have grasped that Oakervee shows that you cannot improve rail services in the north generally unless you improve line capacity, and you can't do that without NPR and in turn, HS2. Do you realise that HS2 connects directly and indirectly to major northern cities anyway?

Sounds like a knowledgeable interesting response
Looking forward to 22's counter
Boris on 10:30 - Apr 13 with 711 viewsGasGiant

Boris on 10:05 - Apr 13 by Ron11

Hancock makes me want to vomit.
The lack of PPE is directly the fault of NHS 'managers' yet he blames the people most at risk for not using the equipment prudently.
Wouldn't you just like to be working for that prick?

Hancock said that while supplies are still short people must not overuse what we have, and should only use it as advised in NHS guidelines. Does that sound anything like the way you have presented it, and is that a reason to adopt microscopically thin skin? I agree there has been complacency over the availability of PPE prior to this outbreak and yes there is going to be someone to blame when the dust settles, so if there is an buck-stops-here blaming it should at least go to Jeremy Hunt, who I believe was Health Secretary during Cygnus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024