Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Refunds 18:10 - Apr 19 with 981 viewsBoris_

As it's pretty obvious that the season isn't going to be completed with a crowd in attendance, the club should be looking at pro-rata refunds pretty soon or at least updating fans when that might be likely?

Anyone heard anything?
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 18:11]

Poll: Claude Puel

Season Ticket Refunds on 19:52 - Apr 19 with 896 viewsOccasional_Showers

What does it say in the terms and conditions?

Poll: Did you break any lockdown rules?

Season Ticket Refunds on 20:00 - Apr 19 with 885 viewsBoris_

Season Ticket Refunds on 19:52 - Apr 19 by Occasional_Showers

What does it say in the terms and conditions?

Mine says ( although they are hospitality Season Tickets but I would imagine wording is same for general admission season tickets) :

5.2 In the event that any Match is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled, or SFC cannot provide the Hospitality Package to the Client for any reason, SFC agrees to offer the Client either:

(i) the option of an alternative hospitality package of a comparable standard to the
Hospitality Package for another Match; or

(ii) a full refund of all and any payment made by the Client in respect of such cancelled or
postponed Match only in circumstances where there is no alternative package available,
or where such alternative package is unacceptable for reasonable causes, provided that
the Client gives written notice to SFC to this effect within 48 hours of notification of the
alternative package proposed.

They won't be able to offer any alternatives this season so I assume they'll start processing refunds soon or give people opportunity to hold the money in credit. I think I'll probably take the cash to be honest.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 20:00]

Season Ticket Refunds on 20:07 - Apr 19 with 865 viewsPatfromPoole

I also have tickets for Norwich away and Watford away......

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:20 - Apr 20 with 709 viewsSaintNick

At the momet it is a logistical nightmare for refunds etc, all they can do is wait for this season to be completed so they can assess the situation as some games might actually be played with a crowd.

My guess is that once that has been established then they will offer rebates off next season's season tickets equating to the number of games missed this season.

The away tickets issue is even more complicated, but at the moment they do not have the staff in the office to process two away games worth of season tickets and then issue refunds.

From a social isolation perspective they would not want to be seen to encourage anywhere between 3- 5,000 fans to make an unnecessary return to the post office to send their tickets back to claim the refunds.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 666 viewsPatfromPoole

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:20 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

At the momet it is a logistical nightmare for refunds etc, all they can do is wait for this season to be completed so they can assess the situation as some games might actually be played with a crowd.

My guess is that once that has been established then they will offer rebates off next season's season tickets equating to the number of games missed this season.

The away tickets issue is even more complicated, but at the moment they do not have the staff in the office to process two away games worth of season tickets and then issue refunds.

From a social isolation perspective they would not want to be seen to encourage anywhere between 3- 5,000 fans to make an unnecessary return to the post office to send their tickets back to claim the refunds.

Wouldn’t they just issue refunds based on who had away tickets logged against the customer number or simply the lead purchaser for the transactions?

Not sure people would need to send tickets back.

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:41 - Apr 20 with 634 viewsSaintNick

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:54 - Apr 20 by PatfromPoole

Wouldn’t they just issue refunds based on who had away tickets logged against the customer number or simply the lead purchaser for the transactions?

Not sure people would need to send tickets back.

At This stage they would need the tickets back as they have to work on the assumption that the game could be played and tickets valid, I think if someone actually requested a refund then they would process it, but they don't want a mass refund at this moment because ther e is then the issue of re selling the tickets if the game does go ahead with a crowd (unlikely as it may be)

Also if not sent back people could claim a refund and then sell the ticket on to an unsuspecting Saints fan

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:58 - Apr 20 with 624 viewsPatfromPoole

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:41 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

At This stage they would need the tickets back as they have to work on the assumption that the game could be played and tickets valid, I think if someone actually requested a refund then they would process it, but they don't want a mass refund at this moment because ther e is then the issue of re selling the tickets if the game does go ahead with a crowd (unlikely as it may be)

Also if not sent back people could claim a refund and then sell the ticket on to an unsuspecting Saints fan

There is absolutely nil chance of any matches being played in front of crowds until there is a vaccine widely available. Unless the Government have a change of stance and they accept hundreds of thousands of deaths as an acceptable trade-off.

I’m thinking August 2021 is a likely timeline for any matches with crowds.

Season Ticket Refunds on 13:14 - Apr 20 with 591 viewsSaintNick

Season Ticket Refunds on 10:58 - Apr 20 by PatfromPoole

There is absolutely nil chance of any matches being played in front of crowds until there is a vaccine widely available. Unless the Government have a change of stance and they accept hundreds of thousands of deaths as an acceptable trade-off.

I’m thinking August 2021 is a likely timeline for any matches with crowds.

Pat you need to be a bit more optimistic lol, the current arrival time of a vaccine depending of which page of any newspaper you buy is either this Thursday or the year 2054 .

But until this thing is sorted we have to assume that things can get back to some normality, sooner than later

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Refunds on 14:42 - Apr 20 with 558 viewsBoris_

Season Ticket Refunds on 09:20 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

It's not a logistical nightmare Nick, they will be able to pro-rata refund on to the card used to pay for the Season Tickets straight off the system.

The terms ( assuming they are same as hospitality and see no reason why they aren't ) is that they have to offer you a refund for the cancelled games or a rebate on future fixtures but it would be up to the season ticket holder to decide which one they want.

You also don't need to make a trip to the post office to return away tickets?! They will have a record of everyone who has purchased tickets. The vast majority will have had paid by card so it's a simple card refund, those that paid by cash can be sent a cheque.

Season Ticket Refunds on 14:49 - Apr 20 with 548 viewsBoris_

Season Ticket Refunds on 13:14 - Apr 20 by SaintNick

Pat you need to be a bit more optimistic lol, the current arrival time of a vaccine depending of which page of any newspaper you buy is either this Thursday or the year 2054 .

But until this thing is sorted we have to assume that things can get back to some normality, sooner than later

On the contrary, it is much better to be like Pat and expect the worst and then if a vaccine does come sooner rather than later then it's a bonus.

The vast vast majority of scientists do not expect there to be a useable vaccine until this time next year at the earliest so it's definitely not healthy to assume things are going to go back to normal before then.

It's one thing to find the vaccine, it's another to trial it and then produce enough for an entire planet.

I think we'll be lucky to have a pint in a pub again this calendar year, so 32,000 ( or 60,000+ in many other clubs cases ) packed in to football stadiums is even less likely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024