Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. 09:10 - Jul 24 with 658 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52686/saints-use-everton

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 10:53 - Jul 24 with 584 viewsButty101

I have to pull you up on this Nick.
"Our success as a club has always been about bringing on players from both the youth set up and transferred in and making them footballers who can actually achieve that ambition, it is drive and ambition that makes them that little bit a cut above the rest."

Thats not success - you dont get a trophy for being the best feeder club. I dont get any satisfaction seeing Mane win the league with Liverpool.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 11:26 - Jul 24 with 559 viewsSaintNick

Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 10:53 - Jul 24 by Butty101

I have to pull you up on this Nick.
"Our success as a club has always been about bringing on players from both the youth set up and transferred in and making them footballers who can actually achieve that ambition, it is drive and ambition that makes them that little bit a cut above the rest."

Thats not success - you dont get a trophy for being the best feeder club. I dont get any satisfaction seeing Mane win the league with Liverpool.

You don't understand what i mean, we have to use the ambition of players like Mane & Van Dijk to further our own cause, they put in great performances for us then we have a better chance of succeeding, yes of course if they play well they will get picked up by bigger clubs, but that is the nature of the game these days and if you look back to the 1960's it was what we did back then, whether it was Martin Chivers through Channon and onwards.

I would rather have had Van Dijk for two seasons and then seen him go to Liverpool, likewise Mane than Yoshida who has been a good servant but who mainly played regularly when we were in the bottom half and that tells you something.

You don't get trophies for being a feeder club, but if you use the process well you don't get relegated either, we have to accept what the situation is and use it to our advantage, look at Stoke or Hull or several others who were all on a par with us a few years ago with a solid squad but no stars, they stagnated.

The feeder clubs survive, those that can't produce and nurture talent fall by the wayside

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 12:02 - Jul 24 with 527 viewsTimSaint

Just been in the car and had TalkSport on.

They interrupted what they were talking about to say something like...

We are hearing that PEH is inching towards a move to Spurs !!

(whatever that means)

We know it is his preferred destination, despite them not being able to qualify for the Champions League this season - which is the 'real' reason he told us he wanted to leave.

TimSaint

Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 12:12 - Jul 24 with 518 viewsPatfromPoole

Saints Use Everton To Force Spurs Hand. on 12:02 - Jul 24 by TimSaint

Just been in the car and had TalkSport on.

They interrupted what they were talking about to say something like...

We are hearing that PEH is inching towards a move to Spurs !!

(whatever that means)

We know it is his preferred destination, despite them not being able to qualify for the Champions League this season - which is the 'real' reason he told us he wanted to leave.

If it means we can get Walker-Peters in return, I’m more than happy if Hjogjberg gets splinters at Spurs.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024